Massive Lag/Game Unplayable.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: adb.2538

adb.2538

Dear Devs/Admins,

Today evening when I tried to log in to my GW2 account, the first thing I get is that my loading screen on Queensdale gets stuck for about 5-6 minutes.

When it finally loads, the amount of lag is just intolerable.
I checked with the repairs and reinstalls and the problem still remains. Also, other than GW2, my net is working fine.
Can someone please help?

Regards,
WinterSpring

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

You are not alone. Many members of my guild in Gunnar’s Hold (Europe) are having the same problem.

I heard some hacker group attacked the Europe Servers. Can we get a confirm on this? or at least some explanation?

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: adb.2538

adb.2538

And this happened during my spring break… kitten it!

ArenaNet is quiet as well..I wonder if the game is gonna get shelved or something…

Posted by: Ethera of Ninane.7239

Ethera of Ninane.7239

Insurmountable lag as well on Viznuah Square tonight (FR) tonight – been loading Cursed Shore screen for about 15 minutes. Have attempted numerous times to reboot the client with no success. What’s the deal with these servers Anet?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

US player on Gandara, same issues.

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

Same for me on Desolation,getting to LA took me like 5 minutes,getting into Fractal much longer.I had to drop out because the game was unplayable and this was 5 hours ago. I have just log in a few minutes and I still have skill lag.

Posted by: grayla.5134

grayla.5134

Same on NA server.. got D/C 4 times in 2 hours from WvW and 1/2 sec lag between hitting key and skill performing. freezing crashing

Posted by: SGPhoenix.2541

SGPhoenix.2541

Same issue with here and I am in Farshiver’s peak server. It’s getting worse since the last March 26 patch.

Posted by: Zen Zual.2674

Zen Zual.2674

It seems to be the same each weekend in europe. Massive lag, no reponse, blaming the same firewalls that work during the week.

Zen Zual – The Vestil Virgins – Recruiting
We play just for fun.

Posted by: TheOpethian.4329

TheOpethian.4329

Started getting this issue a few hours ago, Not sure if it’s my ISP’s fault (I have a horrible ISP) but net seems to be working fine, just a lot of lag in GW2.

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

I started getting this issue yesterday or so, and I logged off thinking it was my connection.
Today though, it is totally unplayable.

Constant hiccups, the game freezes for half a second or a second every 2~3 seconds all the time, with a huge freeze of 5 seconds+ every minute or so.

I have two different connections and I tried them both, same issues. PC is as clean as possible, there’s nothing running in the background except maybe this page.

I’m from Brazil and I never had any issues with lag before (besides the higher ping), playing on Ehmry Bay, US.

Posted by: CHoh.5126

CHoh.5126

After 26.03 patch also have strange lags/freezes.
May be WvW optimization broke something?
Even PVE very hard now. Evades are impossible.

TheOpethian.4329

Well it was fine for about half an hour but lag is back all of a sudden.

Posted by: Leonardo Darnassus.1635

Leonardo Darnassus.1635

it seems to be on and off but its getting so bad now that even talking to someone ingame is a struggle

Zen Zual.2674

seems to be able to play for 4-5 mins then freeze out – but this only really occurs at weekends, too many people playing on too few servers. We have paid to play, so why can’t we? Ps I’m in Scotland.

We play just for fun.

TheOpethian.4329

I bought the game a few days ago so I wasn’t really aware of this but I guess on the weekends is better than never :P they’ll fix it eventually.

Posted by: BraveSirRobin.3497

BraveSirRobin.3497

I have been having massive skill lag on Seafarer’s Rest in pvp. It was making the game absolutely unplayable for me. Please fix as soon as possible!

Posted by: CatQueen.3781

CatQueen.3781

Incredible lags after path 26/03.

Like i have 50% internet packets loss. But i haven’t, all other connections and games work fine.
And It’s not only me, a lot of ppl in my guild have the same problems after patch.
Huge freezes after patch.

I dont mean computer FPS lags or “skill lags” on WWW, when skills don’t work. I mean freezes, spikes like packets loss.
It’s annoying.

CatQueen | Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

Posted by: YuGiOh.4906

YuGiOh.4906

Hey, I’ve been having this problems just for the past 2 hours. Its actually pointless to play, my friend is on a different ISP and is also having the problems. So I would think its something to do with GW2 servers, which is unacceptable if we paid a monthly subscription but we don’t so a little down time shouldn’t be a big deal. I’ve had the game from day 1 (3 day headstart), and this is the only problem I’ve ever had to report.

Zen Zual.2674

We did not have any problem with GW1. Looks like GW2 is too sucessful, too many players wanting to play at the same time. Too many players = a lot of income, come on Anet play fair.

We play just for fun.

Posted by: Missloladin.7054

Missloladin.7054

Oh.my.goodness. It’s extremely frustrating trying to play with in-game lag spikes/freezing episodes that last sometimes upwards of 15 seconds, and other times, the server simply times out and then I have to log back in from the character screen. I know that others are experiencing similar issues on various servers. I’m on Fort Aspenwood and it’s just as bad on our server. It’s basically unplayable, which is a major bummer. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem? Until then, playing is simply not an option. :’(

Posted by: Zodiacbraver.3217

Zodiacbraver.3217

Just adding my two cents, for what their worth. Been having severe lag since the late March/ early April. NA player playing on EU server Piken Square. Previously game ran very well, with typical slowdowns in mass zergs and large boss fights. Yet now I’ve been getting at worst 30 sec lags every few minutes, making the spvp and wvw unplayable and pve barely so. I’m wondering if the update didn’t have something to do with it, but I’m open to suggestions. Also seem to be lagging on other online games. Latency checker is giving me yellow and red bars during these events. I’m in the process of checking/updating drivers, pings, and traces. Any ideas?

Posted by: moondy.8052

moondy.8052

+1 All the above.

Playing on Seafear’s Rest and since the ‘culling’ update (assuming 26/3) i experience 45-60 second skill lag in relativity small wvw zergs (30vs30).

I can literally stand in the middle of an enemy zerg and and hit my dagger storm skill and it lasts for 45-60 seconds before i instantly die…but not before causing massive damage.

Even PvE i noticed jittery movement of fellow non-NPC characters.

This should be a top priority.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

We where running TA dungeon this morning (Yaks Bend) and the skill lag was horrible, I tried rebooting the game and router to see if it helped but it didn’t, others in the group where getting the same issues, its getting worse by the day, I played GW1 for 7 years and very rarely had lag/skill lag issues, but 8 months of GW2 and its non stop.