Massive frame and audio stuttering

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Howladon.2096

Howladon.2096

Okay, this usually happens when I am playing sPvP, but it has happened in other places of Tyria. Anyways, what usually happens is I go to play a round of sPvP, and before I can ever finish a single match, my game starts to stutter and get very choppy. The audio is also very choppy. After about 30 seconds of the choppyness, my game will freeze altogether leaving only the audio on a strange loop. I am then forced to reset my computer by manually hitting the button on my PC. Also, if I quickly tab out before my computer freezes and check my internet under “connect to” (windows vista 64 bit BTW), it is unable to find any networks. I have tried using an Ethernet cable and the problem still persists.

I have updated all of my drivers, and run a hardware diagnostic for all of my computer’s internal parts. My basic specs are as follows:

HP Pavilion Elite m9510f (2008)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 MHz
Nvidia GeForce GT 640 Gigabyte OC Edition (upgraded from when I purchased the computer)
8 GB Ram
Asus Motherboard

Please write if there is anything else I can provide you to help fix my problem. Thanks!

Donovan – lvl 80 Ranger -
Legendary – The Dreamer, Kudzu, The Bifrost -

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Sounds like a temperature problem (probably CPU). Please download Hardware Monitor and post your temps – before you get too close to crashing:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Howladon.2096

Okay I will go download it and try it thank you! I know for a fact it is not my GPU over heating because I was using MSI Afterburner and it never broke past 60° which is very cool.

Howladon.2096

Not sure if this will help because im not sure how to post the actual picture but once the problem started happening my CPU temperature never went over 50°C. I honestly don’t think its an over heating issue my computer is always very quiet.

Attachments:

Howladon.2096

Something else to add is that this is now happening on most of the other games I play (LoL and Starcraft 2). This leads me to believe that it is not a problem with a specific game, but a problem with my who;e computer.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Edited:

I reread your post. It could be a power supply or motherboard issue. If possible, substitute a different power supply.

(edited by abomally.2694)

Posted by: dangerCake.1473

dangerCake.1473

Yeah, those temps are remarkably low. Usually you don’t start to see heat-related problems unless the CPU is going over 80C. Perhaps get some stress-testing software (start with Prime95) and see if you can’t narrow down the problem by inducing crashes through specific tests.