Mega super lag

Mega super lag

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DJayTee.6104

DJayTee.6104

Are other people experiencing extreme lag recently. I am getting spikes of unreal proportions and its ruining the game. I know from reading comments in game that others are getting similar effects. If this is a result of the constant special events and updates then it needs controlling because the game cant cope. Before its suggested i have a top spec PC running very smoothly with a nice steady internet connection i am not experiencing any issues with my internet. This has only just started in the last couple of weeks.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Angus.7460

Angus.7460

I only really noticed it after the karka queen update, it makes the game unplayable. I don’t have it all the time, and it seems to be at the busier times when I’d assume more people are on.
I too have a good PC and I have a very fast connection.

Mega super lag

Posted by: riverfish.4173

riverfish.4173

this started for me today, the game has become un-playable. It used to run smoothly for me too

Mega super lag

Posted by: Saber CZ.9045

Saber CZ.9045

Show no fear – Epic Lags

Dragon Bash is here! :/

Mega super lag

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Ultra lag. Did they sell servers or wut?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Mega super lag

Posted by: Luna.8603

Luna.8603

Ever since dragon bash I have been getting lag which has made the game UNPLAYABLE. It is not always there and it only seems to be Guild Wars 2. My connection is fine and I have a high end computer that runs the game on ultra at around 100fps.

When I do lag I have anywhere from a 5 second to a 1 minute delay. Absolutely outrageous. I am not the only one experiencing this either so are some of my friends.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Dragon Ball Zed isn’t even playable during this lagfest. and LA is bad too.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

Mega super lag

Posted by: Luna.8603

Luna.8603

Glad to hear it’s not just me. Some people seem to be fine.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Durandal Archeron.2593

Durandal Archeron.2593

Its particularly bad in the evenings(uk time) for me, dragon bash is all but unplayable….but even worse is how the rest of the game is affected, while dragon bash is the worst by far, the lag is enough in the rest of the game to make me give up on trying to finish my daily…

It makes me wonder if anet expects us to pay for gems to fund temporary content which you miss because the lag means you can’t play it within the time window -_-

Mega super lag

Posted by: Meanie.1536

Meanie.1536

I have the same problem. Lags star every evening, around 19:00 (GMT +1) and make game absolutely unplayable. Delayes ar from 2-3 seconds to 1 minute, even sometimes making my account to disconnect (three times in a 15 minutes period). My PC is brand new and my connection is pretty fast and every game and internet application run smooth.

Thank you for helping!

Mega super lag

Posted by: Fenris.2657

Fenris.2657

Same here – no other games etc effected. Ran connection test and was getting full speed (~30Mb). Very frustrating!

Mega super lag

Posted by: Urukami.4796

Urukami.4796

I hope Anet fix this soon because it’s really ruining the game :/

Server: Seafarer’s Rest [EU]
Main Professions: Necromancer & Revenant
Youtube Channel: http://youtube.com/MrUrukami

Mega super lag

Posted by: Moxie.6209

Moxie.6209

I’ve had the same issue for a couple of weeks now. Some days the lag is just split seconds, other days, like today, I’ve had some 10-15s lag… even the odd 2min lag. Ive noticed issues in WvW, Dungeons, zones considered less popular than others…

I’ve had to sit out tonight listening to all my guild mates on TS enjoying the new update whilst I just read the forums because the lag is unbearable. Really depressed I can’t play

I don’t have any internet issues either. It’s all through GW2.

Mega super lag

Posted by: BLACKHEART.8035

BLACKHEART.8035

since dragon bash patch ive had for the first time severe lagg,severe lagg deaths, rubber banding and disconnects making this a totally broken game for me!
i have checked everything and can play everything else except GW2

WHY?

Mega super lag

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

Lag in COF, Lag while farming hologram creatures, lag in dragon ball, witness your little ele get smashed in real time and cannot do a single thing….

Don’t cheap out on the server cost NCSOFT!

Mega super lag

Posted by: KelaniScar.2950

KelaniScar.2950

Getting the lag as well, makes the game completely unplayable. Fine as a whistle on everything else, it’s only GW2 that seems to have an issue.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Domatron.6749

Domatron.6749

Same problem here.

It really only started for me since the Dragon Bash update and lags even when I’m not in LA.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Ocader.5709

Ocader.5709

DB update then WvW is unplayable due to lag.

Mega super lag

Posted by: notorious bob.2061

notorious bob.2061

Unplayable right now due to lag and disconnects. Almost done with the game to be honest. GW1 was never this bad.

Mega super lag

Vashoom.8512

I can’t play right now, as there is a 5 second delay on anything I press.

the game never used to be this bad during prime time, and yes I know there is a new event/content which brings players back.. but if anet wants to keep bringing new players to this game they need to fix the issues we are currently facing with server capacity.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Mega super lag

Vashoom.8512

scrap that, it’s more like 30 seconds.. no wait, disconnected from server -.-

well it would have been nice to play tonight.. I guess i’ll have to wait until people have gone offline.

wait a second.. wasn’t this the whole point of having OVERFLOW servers? correct me if I’m wrong..

Attachments:

Mega super lag

Posted by: Valarius.9437

Valarius.9437

Also getting this. Just logged off in anger. Getting 4 second delays on every skill, and after 3 deaths to the same mob because all my skills are flashing waiting to fire but not actually going off… yeah, no.

As with the above, it’s not my hardware or my connection.

UK, lag typically starts after 19:00 if that helps any.

Mega super lag

Posted by: tobehfaic.3947

tobehfaic.3947

Yup. Getting the same lag in the UK. Starts fine for a few seconds but can’t even finish fighting and individual enemy before I get the looping icon activations of doom, before being spat out to the menu/desktop. I originally thought it was because I was running off my External Drive so moved it across. No dice.

I’m not even bothered about the event really so kinda annoying when I’m just tooning around in Kessex Hills and a single enemy decks me, adding insult to injury and I cant do a sausage against it.

Mega super lag

Posted by: samuelmcdevitte.5647

samuelmcdevitte.5647

Same here. Getting disconnected as soon as I get into the game. It’s started ever since the dragon bash! I live in the UK. Was fine until about 7:00pm then I just constantly got disconnected. The Internet connection on my computer is fine, except with guild wars :/

Mega super lag

Posted by: JosieMach.3052

JosieMach.3052

Getting huge lagspikes too. and being kicked out. I have a very good computer and fast internet. and i see more people have problems so it should be anet.

the lags are sometimes 4 minutes. i was doing CoF first boss, lagspike, and in chat they were saying where are you? we are waiting at the gate controller already! its horrible to play. I dont even want to do fractals like this or dungeons.

Mega super lag

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

I’m in the UK, playing on US server. The lag just hit me today near the end of a CoF run. Managed to finish it, but doing the guild rush was next to impossible due to lagspikes.

Tried rebooting and restarting router, but no success.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Asmodaus.1028

Asmodaus.1028

I started having lag today after the small 8 file patch today. Got home from work, patched up the game then a few hours later my guild mates and I decided to run a COF path 1 dungeon, and i kept getting massive lag spikes and d/cing. Id restart the client with no luck. Even rebooted my comp, and when that didnt work, i reset my router and modem and still no luck. Everything else is fine on ym comp no connection p[robs or anything, so it must be something in the latest patch or patches from Anet that are giving the massive lag spikes. I usually never have any lag in this game, even with the hoards of ppl at the world bosses/ Hopefully we will have a reply from a dev or something if they have any idea what the prob is, and maybe a time frame when it might be fixed. I cant play GW2 at all tonight. Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be better

-No mercy for the weak, No pity for the dying, No tears for the slain- /-\S/\/\()|)/-\|_|S
-Often Imitated But Never Duplicated-

Mega super lag

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i’ve been having this same issue as well. i lagged out and crashed 4 times trying to go from the citadel in WvW to the NW tower. it comes and goes in waves, but there’s always at least some measure of it that’s constant, such as taking 2 seconds to go through glowing doorway in any structure in WvW. i stand outside, running into it for a while, get in, then have actually rubberbanded back outside of it several times. i’ve seen yaks walking far far behind the guards that are with them, yet when i target them and fire an arrow, it shoots to the nothing that’s in between the guards.

it’s making the game unplayable. not in a “wow, the quality is so low, i don’t want to play” way, but in a “i log in, move 2 steps, then lag out over and over” way. there are times where i literally am unable to play the game, unless the login and loading screens count.

it certainly isn’t my ISP, because multiple people i’ve spoken to, on a couple servers, are all experiencing the same problem. the yak issue began before the server caps were increased, the rest has all been in the past 2 days.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

I just logged on for my guild WvW night and i ran up to lake tower & everyone was just static for about 10 minutes then i disconnected..

Mega super lag

Vashoom.8512

to better illustrate this point, I compiled a video, showing the 2 lag after clicking #1 attack ability, or using heal.
Notice after jormag dies and people zone out, the lag instantly vanishes, as you can see me using #3 staff ability at the end of the vid and it appears with no lag.

This issue, along with camera getting stuck after zoning and culling mobs.. I think anet have underestimated the expected popularity of this game!
I hope they fix these bugs soon.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I experienced massive lag since the last update, too.
Of course there have been lags before, but it’s worse than before the latest update.

Mega super lag

Posted by: MetalSpartan.9853

MetalSpartan.9853

Since yesterday I have much lag in gw2, i dont know the reason but it is only with this game, I have a delay of about 4 seconds per skill. some one know the problem?, I play from Latin America.
Thanks

Mega super lag

Vashoom.8512

deleted my message cos I though the problem was with my network, but even after shutting off all things downloading.. i’m still getting disconnected and booted out of my game, on average once every 2 hours

really, this only started this badly today, not sure what they’ve done to affect UK users or if its Virgin ISP doing funky stuff… but its very frustrating.

Mega super lag

Posted by: NightDreaming.8670

NightDreaming.8670

I get the same, but Only if I go into a heavily populated region, like the Not So Secret JP right now. If I open a different char who is in a different region I don’t get the problem. This is repeatable.

If the servers are set up to deal with different regions and the one with the Not So Secret JP is mega busy, while other regions are not so busy, then that would explain why I get the problem only in certain locations

Mega super lag

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Vashoom, last three days I have had exactly the same experience as you posted in the video. WvW is a slide show for me at present most of the time. Skil lag, rubberbanding, dc’s in large engagements. Kitten stuff. When I do ori runs in orr, I get similar lag as well and if I catch an temple event and stop off to complete it then I get the same WvW lagfest

I play from the UK on an NA server. It started on Monday evening for me and has been the same Tuesday and tonight. Off to do something else non GW2 instead of WvW as its unplayable right now for me.

My rigs are good, both experience the same kitten. My internet is solid, o2 (now sky) I am switching in two weeks to someone else anyway though for a much fatter pipe so in some ways I hope it is my isp net and not Anet or UK net but I doubt it.

My theorys right now are that either some backbone bunch of routers in the UK that service alot of the traffic from UK out are suffering or that Anet need to buy some more hamsters for the more popular shards in their GW2 world.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Dannz.2490

Dannz.2490

It’s affecting Latin America too. So far they keep saying to submit a support ticket.
https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/ask/
——————————
1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.
2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”
3. Right-click on “GW2.exe – Shortcut” and select “Rename.”
4. Rename this file to “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic.”
5. Right-click on “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” and select “Properties.”
6. Locate the “Target” line and add the following to the end “-diag”
Your target line should look like this: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -diag
7. Click “Ok” to save your changes.
8. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” to start the test.
Once completed, please click “View Results” and save the results to a text file on your desktop
——————————
Do the same and bump thread.

Mega super lag

Posted by: My Password Is Taco.7134

My Password Is Taco.7134

I am also having this issue and Tech Support doesn’t appear to have any response. Not sure what’s going on or when we can get a resolution.

I even tried the gw2 repair and no luck.

Mega super lag

Posted by: Leon.5348

Leon.5348

Bad lag after new patch .. delays from a few seconds to minutes than DC

Mega super lag

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I have been for weeks now as well playing from Spain on NA (Tarnished Coast).

Average ping rate for GW2 is 250-500ms according to Win7 resource monitor, even though my ping to most other US websites is in the 30-40ms region.

needless to say this is making the new JP content quite miserable with it’s completely lag intolerant JP skills

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Mega super lag

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Having this 3 to 5 second skill delay/lag since about 2 months.
I’m connecting to US servers from Germany(Europe, if for some reason you didn’t know where it’s located at), connection was just fine before. Now it’s a pain to TRY to play this. Gets even worse with many people around, in dungeons or mob heavy infested areas, heck, i get disconnected quite often aswell.

No, it’s not my internet connection or ISP. I run DSL 16000 and every other online application or game runs just fine.

Here’s a screenshot of my resourcemonitor showing my current ping to US servers. It keeps fluctuating from 300 to 500 ping, but stays around 450+ usually.

There must be a fix to this.

Attachments:

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Mega super lag

Posted by: Pelagato.6092

Pelagato.6092

<—- spiking too… way too much… even the bazaar is a bit messy….

note: warframe seems to working fine….