Merry Christmas Please help with installation

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: obi.4032

obi.4032

I have just received GW2 for Christmas, installing with discs and it is currently doing a massive download. What is this download please and how big is it, I am on a wireless internet account. Currently it says I am at 8 % and have 69,000 files remaining to be downloaded. Yikes. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Posted by: harshil.8126

harshil.8126

well,
1st:— the percentage depends on the total number of files…bt the size of each file is different some in kb and some in large Mbs..
EX: if u have 10 files to download then first 9 are like 2mb so u get 90% bt last file is 500mb so u will just have to wait without tking the % into considertion
2nd—i bought game in nov and had to download 67000 files and it was round 4-5 gb, so just let it download in background nd enjoy a happy Xmas…

Posted by: obi.4032

obi.4032

well,
1st:— the percentage depends on the total number of files…bt the size of each file is different some in kb and some in large Mbs..
EX: if u have 10 files to download then first 9 are like 2mb so u get 90% bt last file is 500mb so u will just have to wait without tking the % into considertion
2nd—i bought game in nov and had to download 67000 files and it was round 4-5 gb, so just let it download in background nd enjoy a happy Xmas…

Thank you for responding. Now I know to download from a broadband connection at a different location and transfer the files from my laptop. You have been a big help. I hope you have a nice Christmas and Happy New Year.