Monitor disconnects

Monitor disconnects

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

As the topic states, my monitor goes black during gameplay and says that it’s disconnected. The computer stays running, as does the sound. In order to fix the issue I have to force a restart. This only happens while playing GW2.

I use an HD7770 with win8 64bit and the temps are fine. This has been going on for a couple months now and I can’t seem to find a fix.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: The sound does give out as do my peripherals, but all remain powered on.

(edited by Thz.7569)

Monitor disconnects

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’m assuming your monitor is connected via DVI to your card.

I recommend:
In Catalyst Control Center
Select “My Digital Flat-Panels” tab on the left
Select “Properties (Digital Flat-Panel)”
Now check the box next to “Reduce DVI frequency on high-resolution displays”
Now try it out to see if you still have the issue.

Hope this helps you.

Anet recommends:
Anet says to try setting your CCC graphics settings for Anti-aliasing from custom to “Use Application settings”. I’d try out my suggested approach first though as if it fixes the problem then you don’t have to sacrifice some AA to fix it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Black-Screen-Issue-AMD-ATI

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Monitor disconnects

Thz.7569

Alright, I tried both of those and the problem persists. I also reinstalled drivers and tried playing in windowed mode but that didn’t do anything.

Hope to hear some more input on this very frustrating problem.

Edited OP

Monitor disconnects

Thz.7569

Tried downclocking my card and also tried downclocking my cpu a bit but still no fix. Still hoping to hear some ideas or maybe hear from someone who has resolved that same issue.

Monitor disconnects

Posted by: Rashef.7245

Rashef.7245

Having same problem on HD6850 W7 32 and it seems to be ANet connection issue

Monitor disconnects

Posted by: Fathme.5216

Fathme.5216

same issue with 7770 card….. i can’t play gw2 because of this

Monitor disconnects

Posted by: Dutch Rental.8360

Dutch Rental.8360

same problem here having an 4870 x2 als sometimes resulting into an BSOD atikmpag.sys error
only having this issue in guildwars 2

ps. running win 7 ultimate 64 bit

80 Guardian
Veteran of Far Shiverpeaks since headstart

Monitor disconnects

Fathme.5216

can a community coordinator please acknowledge this issue, it has made the game become unplayable and its certainly not good for the health of my computer…

I’ve tried all of the fixes and nothing has worked…

Monitor disconnects

Fathme.5216

I’m going to update this post to hopefully get a reply, here are some fixes i have tried while talking to tech support with anet:

-limiting the cpu usage to 99%

-transfering the Guild Wars 2 folder out of c:/program files/… and making a shortcut and running as administrator

-checking temperatures of my CPU and GPU under heavy load (WvW..), never went above 55c (that’s great, its not overheating, not even close at all)
-
also tried the fixes in this thread and the ones stickied at the top of this forum

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Monitor disconnects

Posted by: EtonMessy.1836

EtonMessy.1836

You’re not alone. I too am experiencing this problem with the same card and the same operating system. Hope a fix surfaces soon.

Monitor disconnects

EtonMessy.1836

Alright guys, I THINK I might have a solution. I have downclocked my GPU settings ever so slightly and I have a slight increase in performance of about 5-10 FPS. I have also been able to play for about an hour and a half. Before it would have been for a couple of minutes.
Here’s what I changed:
Disabled Reflections (Don’t think that you NEED to do this but it definitley increased my performance.
Using MSI Afterburner, (You can also use the settings in your ATI Catalyst Control center or the NVIDIA control panel) I decreased my Clock Speed from 1120 to 1100 and decreased the memory speed from 1300 to 1200.
This may not be the solution, but it’s allowed me to play for longer. I hope that this information can help anyone else out.
>Screenshot of my settings: http://puu.sh/2vUSn<

Monitor disconnects

Fathme.5216

well, interestingly enough my clock speeds are lower by default then yours, even if i overclocked it… I guess I can try underclocking from 1000-950 etc, heres a screen:

http://oi45.tinypic.com/voa0j7.jpg

Monitor disconnects

Fathme.5216

just played for 2 hours straight i think this fixed the problem eton, thank you very much!

Monitor disconnects

EtonMessy.1836

Glad to hear it ^^. Happy gaming!