Mouse Walk Bug

Mouse Walk Bug

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Digitydog.5076

Digitydog.5076

So I just started GW again after not playing for some time.

After installing the new patch and logging on, I noticed that my character had difficulty moving around when mouse walking (i.e., clicking the left and right mouse buttons at the same time and dragging it to change directions).

Sometimes my character doesn’t move/turn at all when performing this, sometimes he starts—stops—then starts back up again.

It is unbelievably frustrating how unresponsive/ unreliable the direction controls are.
(I end up attacking in the complete opposite direction in sPvP because i can’t turn around..)

I’ve tried two different mouses and USB ports, but the problem is still the same.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Mouse Walk Bug

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Check the mouse sensitivity settings on your computer. Check the rotation speed settings in GW2. Those are my only ideas sorry. It kind of sounds more like rubber banding?

Mouse Walk Bug

Posted by: Control.8154

Control.8154

This has nothing to do with mouse sensitivity settings. It’s a bug in the game. I already reported it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Can-t-jump-and-rotate-screen-at-the-same-time/first#post5207011

Basically if you HOLD right click on/near your character while almost fully zoomed in, you can’t change directions because the cursor becomes visible.

You can’t walk, jump, or move in the direction you want to go.

(edited by Control.8154)

Mouse Walk Bug

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

This has nothing to do with mouse sensitivity settings. It’s a bug in the game. I already reported it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Can-t-jump-and-rotate-screen-at-the-same-time/first#post5207011

Basically if you HOLD right click on/near your character while almost fully zoomed in, you can’t change directions because the cursor becomes visible.

It’s no bug you just need a new mouse

Mouse Walk Bug

Posted by: Control.8154

Control.8154

It’s no bug you just need a new mouse

I’m a sponsored player with access to an infinite amount of competitive peripherals including mice and keyboards. It is not my mouse. It is a bug.

(edited by Control.8154)

Mouse Walk Bug

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Since you have so many mice have you even tried using an other one. I play daily with most that time being one handed with out any issues.

Mouse Walk Bug

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I’m a sponsored player with access to an infinite amount of competitive peripherals including mice and keyboards. It is not my mouse. It is a bug.

Cool story. It’s still your mouse or something on your end.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood