My Boyfriend was banned

My Boyfriend was banned

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: visiouscatlover.2406

visiouscatlover.2406

Last night he was farming for karka shells, and I know that didn’t use a botting program because I was talking with him while he was farming. Then when he tried to log in this morning it says that he’s perma banned for botting. He isn’t tech savvy in any way whatsoever, he has no idea what a macro is, and would not be able to even run a 3rd party program, I would know because he has me help him with many technical issues.

Hey anet, I thought you said that it’ll take many reports to go through a permaban, nice going, guess its unsafe to farm the old fashioned way.

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: Wintyr.1780

Wintyr.1780

some people are dumb and report people. when this happens you subbmit a ticket and hey look into it and restore the account if i wasent and the person spaming bot reports with may actualy get banned for filing false reports. it seems in this game they need to investigate before banning i find people will report you if you dont respond or what may have happened he may have been farming in a spot were alot of bots got reported and he got stuck in the mix. its like being in a car with you friends and one of them jumps in and says opps i robbed a bank now drive. you just totaly screwed

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: visiouscatlover.2406

visiouscatlover.2406

some people are dumb and report people. when this happens you subbmit a ticket and hey look into it and restore the account if i wasent and the person spaming bot reports with may actualy get banned for filing false reports. it seems in this game they need to investigate before banning i find people will report you if you dont respond or what may have happened he may have been farming in a spot were alot of bots got reported and he got stuck in the mix. its like being in a car with you friends and one of them jumps in and says opps i robbed a bank now drive. you just totaly screwed

Yea we submitted a support ticket, and we hope it goes through
and yea, they should really check up on bot reports…like I can call up my guild can basically report 1 guy just because I don’t like him, and he’d get banned
He was farming with a party and talking with them the whole time too

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

They need more than reports to ban people. But you should not forget, that at Anet there are human beings as well and they sometimes make mistakes.

If you request it (and you have done it) you can ask for a review and if anything goes right, he will be back again.

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We wouldn’t suspend an account simply because someone was reported. I imagine the matter is already resolved, but if not, I am sure it will be reviewed and responded to very soon.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: Calli.6309

Calli.6309

My friend got banned just now too he was farming last night for a few hours in Frostgorge which is quite a hotspot for bots, but I know he isn’t botting because I was talking to him. I sincerely hope this gets resolved.

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

Funny why it’s always someone else than the banned person who start this kind of topic. Can’t he/she come here and tell why he/she got banned ?
Maybe your ‘friend’ did exact the same movements as a bot will do. And from that other topic, the reported areas are watched. I’ve farmed a lot too but not in a certain pattern.

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Funny why it’s always someone else than the banned person who start this kind of topic. Can’t he/she come here and tell why he/she got banned ?
Maybe your ‘friend’ did exact the same movements as a bot will do. And from that other topic, the reported areas are watched. I’ve farmed a lot too but not in a certain pattern.

Banned from games can also ban you from forums. And if they are not banned from forums they may be too annoyed to post.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

Maybe, but they can add the ticket number of the support in here so that the staff can handle quick. Not just telling that he was talking with person X since nobody can check that. But I hope that they will be unbanned.

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: Koyannis.6943

Koyannis.6943

I don’t know how Anet reviews activity for botting, but I know WoW can detect keyboard and mouse input to determine if there is actually any human interface being used to control a character. I would imagine this sort of thing should be common practice in modern games that are plagued by bots.

My Boyfriend was banned

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The person who submits a ticket should receive at least one email right after submitting the ticket to verify that we received it. Tickets are being answered quite promptly, so follow-ups in the forums generally are not necessary. If the issue is not resolved in three days, you may post in the Tickets for Review thread, which is at the top of the Account Support sub-forum.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)