My account is hacked

My account is hacked

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Icko.1307

Icko.1307

guys i need some help. my account is hacked and some IP keeps on connecting on my account even though I already removed all the authorized network except for my IP…

i already submitted ticket to ANET. my friend told me that my character is online and until now. any advice how to remove him from logging in to my account..

i also changed my password today and he is still can login even though his IP is not included in the authorized networks

Attachments:

My account is hacked

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Disconnect the ip to start with.

Then change your email password and the password for the game.

Also check your pc/laptop for keyloggers and such. And wait for support to respond to your ticket.

My account is hacked

Icko.1307

thanks for the response..

i was able to login to the game and already changed my email password and gw2 password. but my items are already gone.. i also run my anti virus.. im just waiting for feedback from the management what to do with my case

My account is hacked

SandraSolace.7682

Support will help you and can give you an account roll-back to a point before you were hacked. If you want one that is, because a roll-back will only be done once per account. So if you do get the roll-back, you’d have to be extra careful with your account.

Support will also give you tips on how to secure your account better after all this.

My account is hacked

Icko.1307

i replied to their email and i do believe that my last login date before i got hacked was probably february 2 or february 9 which is also indicated in my report…

I just applied the today the 2 step verification using google authenticator .. i hope this will improve the security of my asccount

My account is hacked

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

If you’re using hotmail or gmail you can check your email account’s last history.

Ever since my account got hacked I’ve been seeing this dozens of times a day now.

Successful sign-inToday 11:29 PMUnited States
Security challengeToday 11:26 PMUnited States
Incorrect password enteredToday 11:15 PMChina
Incorrect password enteredToday 4:14 PMChina

The legit login being myself, the Chinese obviously being hackers attempting to get in since they now know my email address

I know it’s stereotypical but I really think we should be able to set up network BLACKLISTS to go along with setting up network whitelists on our accounts. I can guarantee you ANY sign in on my account from China would be illegitimate and I think a lot of people would agree with me that if they could black list networks they’d blacklist the entire country of China.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

My account is hacked

Icko.1307

i did update my email and added a 2nd verification code before login in my email add

My account is hacked

Icko.1307

guys do you know the proper place where can i follow up my ticket number?

My account is hacked

SandraSolace.7682

Right here

But only when your ticket is 72 hours old!

My account is hacked

Icko.1307

i filed my report february 22 +8:00GMT.. so i have to wait until tomorrow thanks

My account is hacked

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Icko — to be honest, account issues like the one you’ve written about can take more than three days. You can update your ticket by simply responding to the most recent e-mail with the 6-digit incident number in the subject line.

To confirm general policy: If an account is compromised (“hacked”) by an unknown third party, it’s entirely possible that we can restore (roll back) the account, once the account has been secured, upon request of the owner, and with careful verification of the account history and the compromise incident.

Naturally, there are exceptions. Those involved in account sharing are not restored. Accounts that are transferred — resold, traded, given away — are not eligible. Accounts that are involved in multiple compromise incidents are ineligible for additional restorations for a number of reasons.

Restorations are not used to replace individual items or characters, but are only offered for full-account rollbacks under specific circumstances.

I hope this info is helpful.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet