My account was banned for selling gold?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I will come right out and say that I do not sell gold or in-game items for real world money. Which was why my account was apparently banned. I submitted a ticket at 6:56 PM on November 2nd. I still haven’t an answer yet, and still cannot log in. As far as I know my account was not hacked.

The only thing I can think of is while participating in Eternal Battlegrounds I was talking about currency exchange with some people, and I stated that (at the time) from Gems to Gold is was 61 silver per 100 gems, and that you can get 24 gold for $50 if you were to buy it then.

Now if this above is what I did get banned for, then that’s just silly since the currency exchange in the game is completely legal and implemented by the developers of the game. The only thing I can think of for this was a few people reported me for being a gold seller, and I got auto-banned, which from some other post I’ve read from a dev doesn’t happen, but I’m skeptical.

I want to say that I really love the game and the time this happened really bugged me. It was a few minutes before the WvW reset and my guild was going to group up and do things, but now I can’t play this weekend.

If anyone knows anything I’d be grateful if you share that information.

Posted by: Slark.1263

Slark.1263

Some people have trouble understanding the English language, even the basics. Any time you talk about Cash and Gold in the same sentence someone is bound to report you just for the heck of it.

If this particular incident is the one they banned you for ( or any other ). You can try an appeal your ban and hopefully they will understand. Good Luck.

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

lets not jump into guessing games. Wait for the reply from ArenaNet to find out the exact reason. You could have been compromised, but the farmer might simply have been “testing” the account. This alone is enough to trip most games security measures.

If you are innocent, Support can help you regain control of your account.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

If you are innocent of the charges then Customer Support will restore your account, rest assured of that. You only need to give them a little bit more of time till they deal with your issue.

We proceed to close this thread now.
Thanks!