My items in my bank keeps disappearing!!!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: jinxy.8457

jinxy.8457

Last week as i was searching for the mats in my bank to craft The Gift of Mastery i couldn’t find my 2 gift of exploration. I remember placing it in the top row of my bank and i havn’t touched it since i got it from world completion.

I sent a support ticket and i get this response:

[i]If you had already received the Gifts of Exploration, and have since lost it, I’m afraid there’s nothing further we can do. Our logs are a bit limited, and don’t allow us to see what may have happened to the items. Additionally, the Guild Wars Support Team is unable to replace individual items for the situation that you have described.

I’m sorry that there’s not more that we can do in this case. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.[/i]

I was really sad that they couldn’t replace the gift for me but something else just disappeared from my bank today and i can’t be assured that my items in my bank are safe. The starter masque for necromancers is missing- it was transmuted to a white and placed in my bank for my elemetalist. I am certain something is up with my bank because its always filled. I often swap armor sets on my warrior for dungeons so i know its always filled, but as i am typing this thread there is 3 slots empty and im not sure what else could be missing!

Please anet could you please investigate this further as i am positive that this is some sort of bug and im afraid that my items in my bank are at risk. I don’t want to submit another support ticket because i think i will just get the same replies that “we can’t replace items”

Oceanix [OCX]

(edited by jinxy.8457)

Posted by: Jinx.7945

Jinx.7945

First, change your password for the game, and for the e-mail account linked to it. Both may have been compromised. Turn on either the authenticator or e-mail authentication for your GW2 account.

Then, try responding to your original ticket. Let them know additional items have gone missing, and that you suspect your account has been hacked. Ask them to investigate a possible hack of the account. If you can no longer update the original ticket, open a new one and reference the number of the previous one.

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

Look at your account / security tab on this page. You should see the IPs from which your account has been accessed. If you have some from strange places (for example China, while you live in USA), you should delete those IP ranges and you should do as Jinx has suggested.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If you account was hacked, you can ask for a rollback of your account to that date. You will of course lose everything from that day forward and they may refuse to do a rollback if you give stuff to other people, as that looks like you are trying to get around losing items. Basically you will need to stop playing the game until you get the rollback so that you don’t do anything that would cause then to refuse.

Posted by: Crow.6504

Crow.6504

Youre not the only one with a problem on the starter mask disappearing , at least you got an answer , i sent in a ticket on the same subject , months ago , and still havent had an answer!!

Posted by: Timebandit.3570

Timebandit.3570

Ive had issues with stuff dissapearing from my bank aswell. Just currious did you by chance prepurcahse the game and get in on the 5 day headstart several friends of mine and me did we all have had dissapearing item issues.Though never bothered to report it.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I really encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They should be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

If you find you still need help after three days, feel free to post in the Tickets for Review thread, which is at the top of this Account Support sub-forum.

I do also need to point out that items disappearing would be incredibly unusual. Oftentimes, when a player thinks an item is missing, s/he has forgotten that it might be on a character or a storage box and not on the main panel or on the specific character that the player believed held the item. So before submitting a ticket, I’d suggest going through the entire account — with the storage agent and per character; all bags, boxes, steamer trunks -- to see if the item may simply have been misplaced.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Losing items in this kind of internet service AND having a support that simply replies ‘sorry but bugger off’, is unacceptable.

Personally I have seen Gaile as the support liason for many years and before that as the community manager. As a player I have rarely seen that she is wrongand much more often she gives use players the benefit of the doubt.

I have heard some! (but not many!) claims of magically dissapearing items but so far nobody could ever prove it. What garantee can you give that you are right and Anet is wrong??

Last of all, why is ‘bugger off’ unacceptable?? if you disagree with the company’s policy in this matter that is actually the only thing to do. Nobody is forcing you to play this game

If I loose trust in a company I just move on

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Anet Gaile Gray wrote:
>I do also need to point out that items disappearing would be incredibly unusual.

1) That is not true.

This is not true. And it is not unusual. I have lost a couple of items, and didn’t report it because the items in question weren’t valuable (less than a couple of silvers).

2) We lose stuff regularly and gw2 support says sorry but bugger off.

But I just lost stacks of crafting materials transferring them to the guild stash. And if you contact support they reply ‘sorry but we can’t do anything about it’.

I also lost an exotic weapon AND a transmutation crystal while trying to transmute a fractal weapon skin. At the time of the transmute, the game automatically selected the stats from the exotic (pow/prec/crit) but the finished result had NO stats. Only the sigil got transferred to the fractal weapon skin.

If you contact support about this they reply ‘sorry but we don’t have the tools or know how to restore ‘individual items/whatever’ to your account.

3) Is anet incapable of restoring the items you lost

Of course they aren’t. Several of my guild mates have gotten gold refunded to their account. If you lose a stack of materials, then anet can simply give you the gold to buy it again. If you lose a weapon or whatever, then anet can simply give you the gold to buy it back. So, either support is lying to me, or my guild mates are lying when they tell me they have gotten gold lost on the TP returned to them.

3) What else

Is it legal to refuse to restore items that disappears from your characters/bank account/guild bank? You can buy gems for money, then buy gold for gems, then buy items for gold. I doubt that gw2 even have the right to refuse to restore lost items in any western country.

The game is about collecting items, so when items disappears, its not just a ‘normal bug’ like ‘my game crashed’, ‘my graphics looks strange’, ‘I got stuck in a wall’, ‘The brazier didn’t light up when I lit it’, etc and so on.

Losing items in this kind of internet service AND having a support that simply replies ‘sorry but bugger off’, is unacceptable.

You most likely deleted the items or salvaged them accidentally. That’s the most common reasons why you can’t find them. Anet doesn’t undo player mistakes.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: sorenrye.7238

sorenrye.7238

You most likely deleted the items or salvaged them accidentally. That’s the most common reasons why you can’t find them. Anet doesn’t undo player mistakes.

You are wrong, they weren’t accidentally salvaged, destroyed, etc. Or you are trolling.

I have described in detail what happened, your disbelief, is shared by me, which is why I post here, to share my experience with items disappearing AND how the gw2 support handles the incidents.

How can someone implement a game, where you transfer a stack of items from your inventory to your guild stash, end then the stack is just gone. puff.

Or implement a transmute method, that doesn’t work.

sorenrye.7238

Personally I have seen Gaile as the support liason for many years and before that as the community manager. As a player I have rarely seen that she is wrongand much more often she gives use players the benefit of the doubt.

I have heard some! (but not many!) claims of magically dissapearing items but so far nobody could ever prove it. What garantee can you give that you are right and Anet is wrong??

Last of all, why is ‘bugger off’ unacceptable?? if you disagree with the company’s policy in this matter that is actually the only thing to do. Nobody is forcing you to play this game

If I loose trust in a company I just move on

This looks like a complete troll post to me.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You are wrong, they weren’t accidentally salvaged, destroyed, etc. Or you are trolling.

I have described in detail what happened, your disbelief, is shared by me, which is why I post here, to share my experience with items disappearing AND how the gw2 support handles the incidents.

How can someone implement a game, where you transfer a stack of items from your inventory to your guild stash, end then the stack is just gone. puff.

Or implement a transmute method, that doesn’t work.

Someone from your Guild withdrew the items in question, thus the reason why they are missing.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

sorenrye.7238

Someone from your Guild withdrew the items in question, thus the reason why they are missing.

I am convinced you are just trolling. But for the rest:

==> Drag stack of crafting materials from a characters inventory to the guild storage. The stack disappears. It is no longer in the inventory nor in the guild storage. Simple. Easy to understand. No one else has access to the storage.

If you, or any of the other trolls in this forum, wants to drag this off subject (see above).

So, subject:

1) Items disappear
2) Support doesn’t care
3) You will not get your items back wether or not you contact support.

And if you post the information on this forum, trolls go on like ‘it didn’t happen’, ‘I need proof’, etc and so on. If you post screenshots, trolls will say they were ‘tampered with’. Or you will say that they weren’t taken when it happened (check the other threads to verify this).

You can go on trolling all you like, I’ve said my piece, and no amount of rambling and theorizing on your part, are going to change the facts.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This thread is well beyond acceptable forum content. sorenrye, this forum is not for ranting about a support issue. It is not for posting misinformation and downright untruths. It is not for offering commentary on random issues about which you know nothing. Your comments are unacceptable. And we can test in 10 seconds, but if dragging items from your character to the guild storage pane were truly broken, we would have thousands of reports. We have only yours.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)