My recent connections?

My recent connections?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

Ok so I checked my connections and I saw one from TX , US (64.25.32.69).

Is this a glitch? The connection happened at the same time I logged in and I’m pretty sure I haven’t been hacked. (Changed all my passwords recently due to a gmail issue)

I would appreciate any response

My recent connections?

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

the samy story, what is it?

Talék

My recent connections?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

this is a glitch. The IP-adress is the server for NA-players.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

My recent connections?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey folks, no worries. There are several routes through which you go to access the game or the forums, and I’m told the forum sometimes throws an access IP from Texas, but that’s you… or us… or you talking with us on the forums. So it’s all good.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

My recent connections?

Posted by: Cionna.3158

Cionna.3158

Same for me and I m european player. So the european servers are located in North America ?

The Rolling Dices [TRD]

My recent connections?

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Same for me and I m european player. So the european servers are located in North America ?

No, Texas is where the IP’s where registered from what was said last week in another thread I can’t find atm.

edit found a different one from what i was looking for but still the same answer

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/267932-eu-servers-in-texas/

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

(edited by MasterYoda.8563)

My recent connections?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

No the european servers are located in europe (germany to be precise). However the login server is in Texas. So when EU-players boot the game, they first connect to the US to login. When logged in, they go to europe to load the actual maps and server info.

This is important so players in US can share friendslist and guildrosters with EU players (wihtout physically getting together in game), as well as the global TP.

The forum that is causing this glitch is located in the US as well.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

My recent connections?

Posted by: DaGhostDS.9738

DaGhostDS.9738

Had the same issue and looked the IP address on google, its listed under NCsoft so false positive :p

My recent connections?

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

Oh thank God. I was worried there for a second!

My recent connections?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

We are going to get this fixed very soon. It’s harmless, but we know it’s alarming.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

My recent connections?

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Hey folks, no worries. There are several routes through which you go to access the game or the forums, and I’m told the forum sometimes throws an access IP from Texas, but that’s you… or us… or you talking with us on the forums. So it’s all good.

Not good enough.

That security page is to give us information about account use and abuse, an unidentified ip-addres will – and should – ring alarm bells. As I can not remember, and can not be expected to remember – these 32 bit numbers ip numbers I suggest the account page does a reverse DNS name lookup or – when failing to find a proper host name – a whois lookup.

At the very least. add an rdns lookup to the listed ip-adresses and get your own ip-adresses a proper DNS entry.

(edited by frans.8092)

My recent connections?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Wouldn’t be so disconcerting if it didn’t keep “breaking” and need “fixing”.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

My recent connections?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Not good enough.

That security page is to give us information about account use and abuse, an unidentified ip-addres will – and should – ring alarm bells. As I can not remember, and can not be expected to remember – these 32 bit numbers ip numbers I suggest the account page does a reverse DNS name lookup or – when failing to find a proper host name – a whois lookup.

At the very least. add an rdns lookup to the listed ip-adresses and get your own ip-adresses a proper DNS entry.

What I see on my account does show a location, not just a random set of numbers. I don’t need to remember anything, I am told the location of the account’s most-recent log-ins, like this:

Location IP Range
WA , US ( XX.XX.XXX.XXX )

Is that not what you see?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

My recent connections?

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

We are going to get this fixed very soon. It’s harmless, but we know it’s alarming.

Still not fixed ???

Attachments:

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

My recent connections?

Posted by: Aretimus Wolfe.6589

Aretimus Wolfe.6589

I don’t live in Texas and that same ip address shows as a log in. My account was hacked at about the exact same time. Btw, that IP address shows up as Montclair, NJ.

(edited by Aretimus Wolfe.6589)

My recent connections?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Still not fixed ???

Tell me about it. You would think it easy to simply filter it.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

My recent connections?

Posted by: thepurplesmartie.3017

thepurplesmartie.3017

I just had this myself too as I had just logged into the forum and not the game.

My recent connections?

Posted by: sinradr.7186

sinradr.7186

I had this as well but I wasn’t able to log into the game (I tried 5+ times panicking because I thought I’d gotten hacked) but kept getting errors. I was able to log in to the forums and changed my password here and then I was able to sign in to the game client. I changed my email password as well just to be safe but is this just part of the bug or what?

My recent connections?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I had this as well but I wasn’t able to log into the game (I tried 5+ times panicking because I thought I’d gotten hacked) but kept getting errors. I was able to log in to the forums and changed my password here and then I was able to sign in to the game client. I changed my email password as well just to be safe but is this just part of the bug or what?

That would not be part of the anomaly that shows the forum IP address on recent connections. Make sure to keep your computer and email address secure. You can read more about security and other related articles in the Knowledge Base.

https://help.guildwars2.com/home

Good luck.

My recent connections?

Posted by: sinradr.7186

sinradr.7186

That would not be part of the anomaly that shows the forum IP address on recent connections. Make sure to keep your computer and email address secure. You can read more about security and other related articles in the Knowledge Base.

https://help.guildwars2.com/home

Good luck.

Thank you!

My recent connections?

Posted by: Burning Arrows.8276

Burning Arrows.8276

The ip your are stressing about belongs to ncsoft and arenanet no worries bro its all good…