Name Change

Name Change

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hellsing.4590

Hellsing.4590

This is ridiculous. Just because some one gets upset at a name Tickle My Tequatl, ARENA have to go through my entire account and get me to change 3 of my characters names?

Utter nonsense If an admin is going to reply oh it doesn’t follow game rules. WHO IS IT OFFENSIVE TO? TEQUATL? I ASK YOU WHO? IS THE NPC DRAGON really going to take offense?

Name Change

Hellsing.4590

I stand corrected, the admin went into my account and decided to make me change 4 of my character names. One which was acceptable but seriously? Legendary Quampon? Admin Abuse flat out. I refuse to change that name until I hear from a representative.

Then again rules will be stated mechanically by the replier without serious thought to the given situation.

Name Change

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not sure what was wrong with the Tequatl name, but the Legendary Q… name is not hard to see why. I’m sure if you thought about it, you could see why.

Name Change

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I guess you are not an native English speaker? Quampon is very close to an English word for a female hygiene product.

Name Change

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Pretty sure that was already known, considering it was self-admitted one of the names was inappropriate.

Name Change

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well, I like to pretend that I’m giving the benefit of the doubt. ^^

Name Change

Hellsing.4590

Fine lets go with ARENA is right, everyone else is wrong.

Name Change

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ok, works for me! ; )

Name Change

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

~snip~ I refuse to change that name until I hear from a representative.

And we refuse to allow you to play on characters with offensive names. How’s that for a showdown, hmmm?

All joking aside, you may appeal the name blocks, and on a very rare occasion, they are reversed. But consider this: Every offensive name you use makes you subject to possible suspension. You didn’t mention if you were subject to a suspension this time. Maybe you just got the rename requirements without a single minute of suspension. If so, great!

But you need to read this and really take it on board:

The team has done you a favor — yes, a favor! — by reviewing your account and flagging all offensive names. You can change them all, or you can stop playing on them, but you can do that either without penalty or with a single suspension. Would you prefer to have two, three, even four separate suspensions for the names that cross the line? Consider: the Naming Policy applies to you, as it does to everyone else. You may not agree with it, but at the end of the day, the decisions made by the team, even after a review, will likely be upheld on at least some of your chosen names.

Even if one name is released, even if two names are released — and I highly doubt that will happen — having a single name-changing episode is to your benefit.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)