Naming violation?

Naming violation?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: BlackPot.4521

BlackPot.4521

Hi!

System has been suspended my account, because of name violation?

My name is Tebryt Lustythrusrs

Why it is inadequate?

Can i have my account unlocked please

Thanks in advance

Naming violation?

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

The forum can’t help/fix this. You will need to talk to support.

Top of the page and from there submit a request.

I could speculate and say that it’s probably the Lusty part but support will be able to tell you a lot more.

Naming violation?

BlackPot.4521

It is unlocked now! How awesome!

Naming violation?

BlackPot.4521

Oh no, they want to rename my character, but what if i give the same name? Ill be renamed again and again? Or ill get banned????

Naming violation?

SandraSolace.7682

Or that can happen, lol

Probably decided that it was not a “bad” name after all.

Sorry you had to go through that though and glad it’s sorted.

— Edit

Do not use the same name, that will indeed result in a ban.

Please do talk to support before you do anything, or go with a new name that is not against the rules (although I do not see a problem with this one, so support is the best way to go!)

The renaming you are getting now is so you don’t get an actual ban. If you get reported again or use the same name, you will get a 3 day ban and a request to change the name again.

(edited by SandraSolace.7682)

Naming violation?

BlackPot.4521

Or that can happen, lol

Probably decided that it was not a “bad” name after all.

Sorry you had to go through that though and glad it’s sorted.

— Edit

Do not use the same name, that will indeed result in a ban.

I want my name back so ill contact to support thx. Better be sure about dis.

Please do talk to support before you do anything, or go with a new name that is not against the rules (although I do not see a problem with this one, so support is the best way to go!)

Naming violation?

SandraSolace.7682

I agree, better be sure.

Naming violation?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

If you are being asked to rename your character, please choose a new name that is a bit less suggestive. When you think about it, anything with “Lusty” is going to catch the eye and result in some number of name reports. I don’t know if the agent who reviewed it flagged the character for renaming, but if that did happen, you should steer clear of that sort of reference with your new name and you will be fine.

Edit to add, to be clear to the plethora of people who decided to continue to discuss this in removed posts: The word “lusty” is not offensive, in and off itself. It does “catch the eye” though, as I said. It is how the word is used in a name that is assessed and that factor determines whether it is censored or not.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Naming violation?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

If you find yourself unable to assume good faith about another user’s actions, then at least don’t assume bad faith. You can still give the benefit of the doubt by simply not assuming, one way or another.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Don't_assume

Name violations are reported by the players – whether the player with an offensive name meant to be offensive or not, someone else playing the game saw and did not think the name was appropriate. Anet does well to err on the side of caution, there are many cases where alternate spellings, slang terms and so on could go either way. To be fair to all players, when in doubt they require the name to be changed.

Naming violation?

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

If you are being asked to rename your character, please choose a new name that is a bit less suggestive. When you think about it, anything with “Lusty” is going to catch the eye and result in some number of name reports. I don’t know if the agent who reviewed it flagged the character for renaming, but if that did happen, you should steer clear of that sort of reference with your new name and you will be fine.

Yup, that overwhelming desire, that lust for power. is really gonna offend people!

That name is actually HIGHLY offensive and I have no doubt the OP knew exactly what he was referring to. Lets just say it has to do with women who like the company of other women and a certain practice that is used to refer to them.

Naming violation?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not always, it’s often used outside of that context. Still, we are talking about someone with the word lusty in their name. Lol.

I’m sure the issue has been resolved by now. Thanks for the input, never heard of that before. =)

Naming violation?

Posted by: Rayar Blackstar.2670

Rayar Blackstar.2670

“Lustythrusrs”

Lusty Thrusts. Which makes it a bit more suggestive. Is that it exactly? No, but even names that slightly change the name are not okay.