Need advice for a new gaming laptop

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DanyxEleven.9162

DanyxEleven.9162

Alright, my laptop is pretty much shot. It runs well but the fan and keyboard don’t work well, plus the HD went bad and I had to switch it with a 75gig one. So, with the price to fix it up right, I could have bought a new one. Anyone know of a decent pre-built laptop I could get from a store or somewhere online, but within a moderate budget? Or would I be better off building one? Thanks in advance.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: HippieJoel.9537

HippieJoel.9537

If your primary use for your computer is going to be gaming, you’d be much better off simply building a desktop computer. Generally speaking you’ll get a much better price:performance ratio on desktop components than you will on a laptop, plus cooling isn’t as much of an issue. If you want an idea of where to start with components have a look at http://logicalincrements.com – it gives good components for each budget.

With that said, if you want a gaming laptop, honestly it’s not something I’m particularly experienced in (my primary laptop is a MacBook Pro) but I’ve heard good things about Lenovo laptops in general. That and where I work we have 100 or so HP laptops which have proven to be fairly reliable.