Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: The Coma Kid.5184

The Coma Kid.5184

Edit** Removed issue. called my ISP and fought with them, the problem is on their end. If others are having a latency issue try contacting your ISP and fighting with them until they double and triple check.

Gwen Andraste – Human Elementalist
Nameless Accord [NA]
Your Cute [Babe] – Maguuma

(edited by The Coma Kid.5184)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Galogon.4590

Galogon.4590

What really bothers me is the fact that, even though a large portion of the playerbase is suffering from severe latency, there’s no reply from Anet whatsoever acknowledging this issue (nor suggesting that some kind of fix is on the way).

Bedazzling!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

Edit** Removed issue. called my ISP and fought with them, the problem is on their end. If others are having a latency issue try contacting your ISP and fighting with them until they double and triple check.

It’s highly unlikely that the problem is with many major national ISPs, is it?

Once again is unplayable due to lag for me. Can’t believe Anet have not even bothered to reply here.

Network Lag [Merged]

The Coma Kid.5184

Once again is unplayable due to lag for me. Can’t believe Anet have not even bothered to reply here.

Idk how it is with American major ISPs but the ones in Canada tend to be awful. It could always be that there is an issue with your line (which is what’s wrong with mine). It’s always safe to contact your ISP just to check on that. Then again it just can be bad connections at Anet with their servers, or their ISP’s servers.

Nameless Accord [NA]

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Sarnax.8357

Sarnax.8357

The skill lag is getting worse. Not a day goes by where I’m not affected by it. This morning I was playing just fine. Then the afternoon comes and it would take 3 mins to activate a skill. GW2 is the only game where I experience this. Sometimes I have to reboot the modem, then reboot my comp to fix it. It makes playing this great game very frustrating. I wish we would get some feedback from Anet in terms of what they think this might be and how to resolve it. With so many people complaining about it, one would think it would be an important item of discussion at their meetings.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MEtan.5143

MEtan.5143

I keep lagging out of Yak’s Bend today. Not sure what’s going on.

Network Lag [Merged]

ZaxanRazor.6235

Idk how it is with American major ISPs but the ones in Canada tend to be awful. It could always be that there is an issue with your line (which is what’s wrong with mine). It’s always safe to contact your ISP just to check on that. Then again it just can be bad connections at Anet with their servers, or their ISP’s servers.

The symptom I, and that just about everyone else with the issue has, is that everything else regarding internet is 100% fine, only GW2 sucks. This ranges from Portugal to Thailand, going by the posts.

Network Lag [Merged]

The Coma Kid.5184

The symptom I, and that just about everyone else with the issue has, is that everything else regarding internet is 100% fine, only GW2 sucks. This ranges from Portugal to Thailand, going by the posts.

I’m not saying it isn’t on Anet’s side I’m pretty sure most of the issues that you and I are getting are 99% most definitely on Anet’s side. Sometime it’s on an ISP’s side, but again what most people on this forum are getting is probably on Anet’s side.

Nameless Accord [NA]

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Turlandio.6581

Turlandio.6581

Same problem. It started within the past two weeks and has a seemingly unpredictable pattern.

I’m no stranger to lag (being that I live in Australia), but I’ve never had a problem with the game stopping for minutes at a time.

Tooldealer – Yak’s Bend

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Takebo.4280

Takebo.4280

Looks like i’m not the only one having lag issues in game. It started after the last patch, seriously, it’s impossible to play the game, can’t do i thing, even moving to a unpopulated area it still lags badly. At the point that you can’t use skills, gather materials, in the end the game boots you to character selection screen with a message that it lost connection… frustating, for sure.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Myself and my guildies are also getting some wicked lag right now. DCing all over the place.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Zinder.3906

Zinder.3906

I am beyond frustrated at the moment. Since last patch, the lag has not only driven me slightly crazy, but it has also began driving many of my guildmates away from the game and, now, as I try my best to play alone, I can’t get through a single storyline piece without getting sent to the character select screen about half-way through the flipping thing! Its gone way beyond testing my patience. Its impractical for me to continue to play a game with such a lackadaisical approach to server latency issues but, alas, I have been trying to troop right on through it. Please, please, for the sake of mine and everyone else’s sanity, try to come up with some response…even if its just a post telling me where I can stick my game till you get it fixed. Thanks

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Arajal.5438

Arajal.5438

Adding to this thread. Since the last patch, I’ve been having numerous latency issues, up to and including disconnects. I’ve used PingPlotter to check my network latency, and it periodically dies out (ranging from every few seconds to every few minutes) only when GW2 is running. Otherwise the network is fine. Zone population has nothing to do with the lag, as I’ve had perfectly smooth connections durring the major world bosses, while at the same time have had massive lag spikes and disconnects in low-populated zones.

Feedback on this issue would be most appreciated.

Streaming warrior play of every aspect of the game: http://www.twitch.tv/shinryuku_ku

(edited by Arajal.5438)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Freezer.7902

Freezer.7902

Moscow here,experiencing latency issues since the last patch,and it is getting worse day after day.Double and triple-checked my connection-it is totally fine.Many people have latency problems.I am not the only one.I even tried connecting my pc to a different ISP and got the same problem.
I will stick around with another game for a bit,and will come back when it gets fixed.ArenaNet,i believe in you

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Selm.2806

Selm.2806

I am not totally sure about it – maybe it is because, lately, I’ve been rather role-playing than playing the game in these hours – but I think that my lag is either a lot smaller for the two days, or disappeared completely. I’ll post more when I will become figure of the situation.

Shotgun lover… but there are none in GW2! Guardians couldn’t use them anyway! Boohoo!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Rashef.7245

Rashef.7245

(Poland here)My problem is that i get disconnected every 30 minutes, or my screen goes black. Everytime i’m doing dungeon, killing wrold bosses i’m getting disconnected. I can’t write on guild or party chat. It doesn’t really feel like lag, but anyway very frustrating, and it’s not my internet connection fault, cuz it works fine, other online games works fine(World of Warcraft), download and upload speed are ok. What the hell is happening since last patch?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Halbarz.3854

Halbarz.3854

Good day all

I’m having the issue were my game freezes, i see people moonwalking, i can click skills but they don’t activate. Then after a few seconds sometimes 20 seconds the game catches up. Been having this now for a few days. I called my provider and contacted your support but nothing helps.

I love guild wars 2 and love what Anet is doing with the game, but come on. after reading all these complains about it, is the company even bothering ?

(edited by Halbarz.3854)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: masternightmare.6145

masternightmare.6145

Currently have problems connection the guild wars 2. In the morning’s GMT -6 it works great, but as more players get into playing it seems to suffer till a point where game wont load. Sometime the guild listings of who is online or offline wont load either. Will this ever be fix?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Been getting hideously bad lag these past few days. It’s pretty much unplayable. I get massive spikes that last 10-30 seconds every few minutes and often end up disconnecting me. Throughout this I can usually watch the game and chat as normal in real time, but can’t use any abilities and eventually end up getting teleported elsewhere.

I keep a command prompt up and ping google when I get hit with a spike and it’s always totally fine. This only happens in guild wars, and only in the past few days. Can’t see this being on anyone’s end except anet’s. I’m pretty much unable to continue playing the game if this isn’t fixed.

I live in SoCal, if that matters.

(edited by Vargs.6234)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

I do believe there’s a thread on Blizzard’s forums currently saying Comcast users may/will experience higher latency due to some issue on Comcast’s end. Any ISP’s that also go through Comcast would also experience such issues. So it “can” happen to major ISP’s from time to time.

Network Lag [Merged]

ZaxanRazor.6235

I do believe there’s a thread on Blizzard’s forums currently saying Comcast users may/will experience higher latency due to some issue on Comcast’s end. Any ISP’s that also go through Comcast would also experience such issues. So it “can” happen to major ISP’s from time to time.

I’m not saying it can’t happen to major ISPs. I’m saying it can’t happen to the major ISP from many countries spread out across the world. Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, Israel, Turkey, Poland, Russia and many more have been mentioned in this thread.

Unless there’s a problem with one of the major routing backbones of the European internet infrastructure (there isn’t, because people would be having problems elsewhere as well; other games, major websites and web services), or it’s on Anets end. The odds of all of these ISPs having the same problem at the same time is astronomical.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Halbarz.3854

Halbarz.3854

looks to me that 99.9% of the people having this network lag are from the EU.
ArenaNet atleast give us a hint of what you are working on to figure this out.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Flytballong.9057

Flytballong.9057

Have Anet even commented in this thread even once?
the lagspikes that appeard after the last patch is really getting on my nervs now…..

EU server, Ruins of Surmia

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

It looks like its back again. I’m lagging around in the Cursed shore right now. Its taking about 5-10 seconds for skills to activate.

Again its not my isp.
Na player playing on Gandara. (Eu)

(edited by Siobhan.6027)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: lmao.4567

lmao.4567

Heya, I’m starting to feel sick about the lag issue, since it last now for weeks -need to release my frustration somewhere.
I play around 21,00 ~ 22,00 GMT with 10 to 30sec -sometimes minutes lag, or just random dcs.
It is only the game, as I normally play with TS or RC on with no issues.
Seafarer’s rest EU.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Guild Bank is constantly lagged out.. must be nearly 10mins waiting for items to transfer..wouldn’t suprise me if the items are now lost in transit, not that ANET care they wont replace them .
The game is just gone to the dogs imo and nothing being done to sort these issues out.. hence the silence.. hoping that the thread will die of natural causes

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Caligo.4763

Caligo.4763

Gosh! I just complaint 4 days ago but instead of better it seems to be getting worse and worse. The Cursed Shores are once more unplayable for me. But this time I have the (be careful: sarcasm) “pleasure” that I can not switch to another character hoping that it is again “only” the high level areas. No, this time it lags everywhere. Oh, of course, did I mention the even more frequent sever time outs? Just in case ANet bothers to read these post I like to point something out. Since I (as probably a lot of the other players) belong to the working class I (we) usually only have a few hours at best during a weekday to “enjoy” your game. How would you feel if you buy a product and when you are home from work not being able to relax and enjoy playing it because ANet continuously fails to give a stable lagging free gaming experience, day after day after day? Let me give you a hint: It isn’t likely to generate a happy clientèle who wants to put more money into the game (by buying gems) and even worse might never consider spending money on an ANet product again. Just a thought…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Aervius.2016

Aervius.2016

Lag is making the game unbearable and it’s discouraging me from even logging in.

Kolt – Human Thief
[NEX]
#swaguuma

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Are we gonna get a response on this? If I know you guys are working on it then I’ll just tough it out until it’s fixed, but if I don’t know that you’ll ever fix it then I don’t really have much reason to play anymore and am not going to bother checking in every week to see if you’ve done something.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

After 29 pages.. I think they have said all they need to.. silence says much more than words….

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Paposeco.6013

Paposeco.6013

Hello, I started having some major lag/disconnecting issues. Started about 30-40 minutes ago and doesn’t get any better. Not my connection either, tested in several possible ways and made an “cmd: ping server ip -t” on other game servers I usually play and the connection is normal without any package loss whatsoever. If someone could take a look into this I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Edit: Forgot to mention, dunno if it has any relevance or not but I play on Piken Square server.

2nd Edit: Lag and random disconnects seem to be gone. Thank you for your time.

(edited by Paposeco.6013)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Forneus.4930

Forneus.4930

bumping this up again

for a few days it was all gone, since yesterday the random disconnects and lags in all sorts of maps are back

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Oldboy.3821

Oldboy.3821

Same probs here
Seafarer Rest…Italy…
DC every 2 minutes…impossible to play…lag of 10 seconds…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: terminatorkobold.6031

terminatorkobold.6031

Same for me,

It was good for some times but lag came back to me today :-(
Game is unplayable atm

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Panto.1972

Panto.1972

So Anet, when will you guys fix this? I’m getting realy frustrated by the fact that no admins/mods/devs post just something like: “We know you guys have problems and are working on fixing them”. Is this to much to ask?

I live in Belgium btw, no problems with any other games/application that need internet.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Selm.2806

Selm.2806

After a few days of peace, lags are back. I just had to quit the Fractals party, it was unbearable to try and play. kitten it, ANet!

Shotgun lover… but there are none in GW2! Guardians couldn’t use them anyway! Boohoo!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Zenca.2864

Zenca.2864

Same here. Having lag for few days now, especially in the evenings. But tuday… today is a horror. HORROR. Missed 4 world event because of lag.

Are you even trying to fix this issue? By the looks of it…. i’m not sure you are.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Ovation.7186

Ovation.7186

my lagfest saga continues, please fix this anet!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Torgal.8345

Torgal.8345

It’s really crap since 2 weeks or so. Sometimes it’s really unplayable.

JUST GET IT FIXED ASAP omg.. cant believe it. i am working in a it company and if our services would have similar issues we would lose customers pretty quick!

Network Lag [Merged]

ZaxanRazor.6235

Issue persists. Three weeks and counting.

Network Lag [Merged]

ZaxanRazor.6235

The weirdest thing about this is that I can play ikittenone like Curshed Shore, get horrific 5-30 second lag and frequent disconnections – then teleport to Malchor’s Leap and have absolutely zero lag.

Queensdale? Massive lag. Kessex Hills? No lag. This changes day to day.

EDIT:

Apparently the filter has problems with the word zone.

(edited by ZaxanRazor.6235)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

I’m lagging like mad all over the place when i enter tyria with either one of my characters, this doesn’t happen with any other program or game.

Running a Business line and everything has ran fluently up until now.

I’ve attached the Guild wars 2 -Diag.

I prefer not to mention my Belarc Profile since it contains sensitive CD Keys from alot of programs and games.
But that’s another possibility if necessary

I;ve tried to run the Port 88 for the shortcut, with no luck.
Nor does any program that re-routes me like Wtfast Battleping etc.
I tried to run a repair tool with GW2 with no success either, i have double checked my network background and nothing is sending or recieving any data except for guild wars2.

I recieve lag free gaming expierence from any other game, sadly i have no idea what’s causing it.

Attachments:

(edited by Nhalx.9735)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: thechamp.3092

thechamp.3092

I also have major lagg since the patch, I play pvp really much and its almost unplayable for me now. are there any updates on when this will be fixed?

Shad

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Bananasmile.4126

Bananasmile.4126

This experience is from WvW.

7 months I’ve been playing the game, I never really experienced “unplayable” lag until recently. In WvW, Even if there weren’t fights in my field of vision, players would just walk around and “teleport” and my FPS was around 65-70, and when there are mid-sized skirmishes between 10-20 players on-screen my FPS goes down to around 50ish, and big zergs ball battles FPS goes down to 25-30, my FPS never went below 20 ever. System is fine. Given this performance, lag is insane, people are teleporting everywhere…my skills aren’t executing…when I hit something I’m not even sure if I’m damaging it because it just dies with just a few numbers popping out of its head. What’s worse is even if there are no fights at all happening on-screen with me having 60+ FPS, these things still happen, people running and teleport, skills not executing even simple auto-attacks takes like 2-3 seconds to occur, it’s disheartening. First thing I did was to call my ISP, just verified that there’s no maintenance or technical issue going on, my connection is fine as it was 7 months ago. In short, I’ve been playing the game for 7 months with the same system (a decent one as I’m also using it to play other more demanding PC games with no problems) and same ISP never had this problem until recently. So now I know that the cause is not coming from my side. Can anyone explain in more understandable terms how this LAG is being caused from their servers? I’m not IT savvy especially on servers, just the process of elimination led me to believe that the problem is not coming from my side. How will this LAG be fixed if at all? This is a very crucial point for me if I will continue playing the game, I like the game very much, but it’s just frustrating and stressing dealing with this.

EDIT: I’m from South East Asia, I know this is a big factor in latency, but like I said, been playing for 7 months with minimal issues with lag, and I also asked my ISP if there were any technical issues that may cause latency problem from SEA to NA,Texas to cause a negative effect, they said none from their side, in fact, they informed me that they recently boosted their speed (which is somewhat true as I use Skype a lot and felt the increase in quality there), so they were very emphatic that it wasn’t on their side. If it was on their side, then I should have had this issue from the beginning. Thanks

Strikethree, Kinetix (Ki)
Aug 2012 (IoJ) → Jan 2013 (FA) → June 2013 (BG)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Claydo.1856

Claydo.1856

i got the same problem too. it happen 4days ago. i’m in philippines too. using PLDT MyDSL 1.25mbps(PLDT known as a most stable connection in phil.). i tried speedtest and there is nothing wrong. still 1.25,
i tried to release and renew my ip hoping to work. but it didn’t!
im playing WoW US based private server. and i play smooth like killing teq(tested before i wrote this).i even test D3 us server and there is no problem on it(test after WoW). i mostly play int. games like this in my gaming life and i play lagless. i only lagging here in GW2. i’m confused if it was my ISP or Anet got the problem. based on what i playing. i have a strong feeling Anet has the problem.

P.S i upgrade my desktop to i5-3470 gigabyte h77m-d3h 8gb ram 1333mhz, xfx 7750 ghost thermal last week. for one reason. just to play GW2 and play like hell in WvW. and this is what i got?!. pls. do something….

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: abcruziii.9405

abcruziii.9405

i got the same problem too. it happen 4days ago. i’m in philippines too. using PLDT MyDSL 1.25mbps(PLDT known as a most stable connection in phil.). i tried speedtest and there is nothing wrong. still

I can relate to this.

I would like to add that I’ve also just recently experienced lag issues. I noticed that this is evident in high level areas, like Frostgorge Sound and Malchor’s Leap. I see delayed skill animations and players/npcs/mobs appearing here then popping there after a few seconds.

Skill activation lag in these areas is also happening even when no other players are around (and that’s at 50-60fps).

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Subseven.2803

Subseven.2803

Since 3/20 patch lagging badly here in PH, nothing wrong in the ISP tried other Intl games working fine except Guildwars 2. Please help.
Attach my NetworkDiag

Attachments:

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Vaasgoth.3601

Vaasgoth.3601

philippines… 5 mbps connection PLDT ISP… called them up and said no problem on their side… 2-6 secs. attack/skill delay… 2 full days now… sent ticket with game advisor attachments… NCSoft/ANet, please advise…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Chok.9037

Chok.9037

philippines… 5 mbps connection PLDT ISP… called them up and said no problem on their side… 2-6 secs. attack/skill delay… 2 full days now… sent ticket with game advisor attachments… NCSoft/ANet, please advise…

same circumstances as this man.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Seid.2654

Seid.2654

Same situation as this man as well.