Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Doctoris.2675

Doctoris.2675

Howdy,

Receiving some delay while playing the game on all maps (Jade Quarry PvE, Mists PvP, and WvW servers). Delay is about half a second to a second— not unplayable, but definitely very annoying. This is the first time after a couple months of playing that this has occured.

Internet speed is at 50DL/10UL MB/S speed, 11 ms ping, no dropped packets, so I believe the cause may be server-side. Playing from Northeast USA.

Cheers.

[EDIT] I rescind my previous statement, it’s quite unplayable.

(edited by Doctoris.2675)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: rsegames.3916

rsegames.3916

Heya, on JQ here, lags over 20-30 segs every action, and a lot of rollbacks, really impratical to play like this… Also 2 more of my friends are having this issue.

Just hope we get this fixed realy quick.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: thug.2490

thug.2490

Just to add to the pile. I never had connection issues, since the culling is supposed to be gone I lag though. All I do is wvw, that is impossible for me now. Weapons dont switch, char keeps running, skills take 3-30 seconds to happen. Doesnt matter which settings I use. Needless to say that is not acceptable.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: maxsettings.2834

maxsettings.2834

Regarding skill lag and higher latency than normal, try forcing GW2 to use port 80. It’s a tough sell but I say try it out and see it helps you out.

Devona’s Rest [TDD] – [OBS]
Bukems Mailbox

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Vorpal.5670

Vorpal.5670

I am having terrible lag in waves since I logged in today. Was fine all day yesterday.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Aranel.2837

Aranel.2837

Well, gameplay was sluggish and laggy all day until I walked into Diessa… then it went horribly downhill from there. I could no longer get any responsiveness out of my skills, the person I was with was warping and disappearing all over the screen. I stopped to tell him it appeared he was stuck (still running) into a tree. Turns out he was actually miles ahead of me, and I had apparently been killed by enemies I couldn’t see on my screen yet. By the way, the chatbox worked flawlessly at the time this went on. My connection was perfectly fine (GW1 also ran fine), so I ran -diag on GW2. Appeared to have severe packet loss at Level3.. whatever that is, but I’m pretty sure it’s on the game’s end. The game was literally unplayable for me this afternoon, and it was not this way until the update of yesterday, so I went to play a different game that does work without making me want to chuck the screen out the window.
In short: please fix this Anet. You do want people to actually play the new content right?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Can it be related to this? I’m noticing it on multiple fronts. The problem isn’t latency, its packet loss. http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/03/27/the-biggest-cyber-attack-ever-is-slowing-down-the-internet/

Quote"One thing that does slightly worry me though. I’ve been having problems with the speed of my connection for the past few days now."

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Masterjalf.4928

Masterjalf.4928

After patch i’m getting dc’d evey 1 or 2 hours is annoying

once i’ve lost cof last chest because that!!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Neksis Syxx.6983

Neksis Syxx.6983

I live in Chicago and the lag is coming close to being a deal-breaker for me—and I run a 70 man guild!

In any group event, I’m worthless because I am consistently receiving 2-4 second lag outs. They usually result in me standing, having everything freeze, and I rubber band into being downed or defeated.

At first sign of the lag I had to have my ISP come out and look for problems on my end. Nothing was found wrong with either my signal or cable modem.

I ran Guild Wars 2 in diagnostic mode and it looks—to me at least— like the bottleneck is on ArenaNet’s side and not my ISP’s (I’m not over technically minded so I could be wrong):

1/ 25 = 4% |
1 13ms 2/ 25 = 8% 1/ 25 = 4% 69.245.246.1
0/ 25 = 0% |
2 12ms 5/ 25 = 20% 4/ 25 = 16% te-4-2-ur01.chicago302.il.chicago.comcast.net [68.87.204.57]
0/ 25 = 0% |
3 9ms 3/ 25 = 12% 2/ 25 = 8% te-8-1-ur02.chicago302.il.chicago.comcast.net [68.87.210.78]
0/ 25 = 0% |
4 12ms 3/ 25 = 12% 2/ 25 = 8% te-2-5-0-0-ar01.area4.il.chicago.comcast.net [68.87.230.173]
0/ 25 = 0% |
5 14ms 3/ 25 = 12% 2/ 25 = 8% he-3-9-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.45]
0/ 25 = 0% |
6 17ms 1/ 25 = 4% 0/ 25 = 0% pos-1-6-0-0-pe01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.87.130]
2/ 25 = 8% |
7 14ms 3/ 25 = 12% 0/ 25 = 0% xe-4-0-1.chi11.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.71.145]
3/ 25 = 12% |
8 —- 25/ 25 =100% 19/ 25 = 76% xe-8-0-0.fra60.ip4.tinet.net [141.136.108.45]
0/ 25 = 0% |
9 123ms 6/ 25 = 24% 0/ 25 = 0% cdnetworks-gw.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.71.122]
1/ 25 = 4% |
10 —- 25/ 25 =100% 18/ 25 = 72% 206-127-157-94.plaync.com [206.127.157.94]
0/ 25 = 0% |
11 121ms 7/ 25 = 28% 0/ 25 = 0% p4-23-c0-ncdc-pub.plaync.net [206.127.158.1]

Can anyone with the technical knowledge confirm that the lag issue is a result of ANet’s equipment and not mine?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Just Us Grown Ups [JUGs] – http://jugs-guild.com

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m getting intermittent issues in terms of sudden small spikes of lag. It’s not affecting general use of the internet across the network, just GW2 on this PC. Could be my PC, could be this big cyber attack thing. I’d be interested to know if there is any probs Anets end, just so I know whether I can rule it out as an issue

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I’m getting really bad lag, and constant disconnects right now. It was fine last night and this morning… But as soon as I logged in this afternoon, I was DC’d before the zone loaded. I managed to switch zones, and I get DC’d again. Sometimes it happens as soon as I login, sometimes 10-30 seconds in.

I’ve also had huge lag spikes — my character will stop moving for 20+ seconds, animations loop during this time. Guild chat seems to continue to function, though my responses are hugely delayed and I end up DC’d shortly thereafter.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: redshark.2801

redshark.2801

im having delay for 1-3 secs… i wonder how i going to play gw 2 zzz before the patch i don experience any lag issue zz

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: catron.4856

catron.4856

Lately i’ve been getting horrible lag. In PVE, the lag is about 3 seconds max. In WVW there is no maximum to the amount of lag. Skills could take 5 minutes to happen.
An internet speed test http://www.speedtest.net/ showed a ping of 16ms, download of 23.62mgps, and an upload speed of 4.50mgps.

I can watch youtube etc on highest quality, and watch the videos load alomst instantly.

Lag makes game UNPLAYABLE
Do something.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

similar to catron, internet isn’t the problem.. i can run everything else smoothly, but there’s network lag over most of the maps, makes it irritating to play in orr and dungeons.

I’m on desolation, it’s not something started with the 26th patch, but the patch before that around 20th i guess.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

i’v just guested sea farer’s and the lag’s gone, would be lovely.. if something regarding the lagg in desolation is done to help me play with the guild ~

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Wildfang.3271

Wildfang.3271

I had been lagging as well since the latest patch. Been getting several secs delay in no matter what I did, be it wvw, dungeons or open world. My location is in Malaysia and I had some other friends here who had been facing the same problem too after this patch.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Luq Le Lucky.2608

Luq Le Lucky.2608

I have the similar lag issue with the rest after the March 26th patch. I lag in PVE open fields, WvW, and story quest but don’t lag in dungeon’s and in Lions Arch (lag’s in other towns).

I am playing from Malaysia.

But somehow i found a workaround for the lag. If your playing from Malaysia and using Unifi (that’s what I am using). The lag can be fixed by double logging into the area!

For example, I am lagging in Queensdale, all I have to do is to waypoint to Divinity’s Reach and waypoint back into Queensdale and the lag is fixed!

That works for me anyway just give it a try. Its annoying I know but that’s how i cope with it now hoping Anet would fix it!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Right, let’s start figuring things out. Have any of the people posting here, tried guesting on another server with a lower population and seen if they have the same issues? If so, please make that known here. I tested and then moved to a lower population server, and a great many of my issues were reduced. I know, I know, you don’t want to move, you shouldn’t have to. but compared to not playing at all … I think this needs to be a real consideration, especially when we know some servers are loaded with players almost 24/7. And if that wasn’t bad enough, they are offering gw2 at 30% off this weekend. Which will bring in more players, that will flock to busy servers like ants to sugar..

So try it, post your results. If it makes no difference then make that known also.

Side note: When my friends and I played gw1 we learned to log out completely and restart our computers before doing a dungeon, etc.. Especially if we had been in game a while. This helped us not have tons of lag. Now you might be saying, “Yeah so, this is gw2..?!” Well they used the same engine and just modified it. I’m willing to bet some old issues are still there.

Worth a try anyways.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: aern.5023

aern.5023

I transfered from Deso to Piken and it really helped me with lags. Deso is High populated and Piken is medium (i think), so if you have lags and you dont care about servers, you should transfer.

Cathaerna | Dugada
Hand of Blood [HoB]
Aurora Glade

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: figjam.5296

figjam.5296

Having terrible lag for last 3 days..Not able to play pve or do dungeons.

Any idea how to fix?

Thanks

The evil never ends. Just evolves.
Dungeon Master
Been there. Done that.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Also having really bad lag. 2-3 seconds, sometimes longer. Almost unplayable.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Javro.2746

Javro.2746

Its not lag,I can’t log my character at all.. lol

Pround member of [PINK].
Highly engineered.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Addeon.5960

Addeon.5960

Can`t stay log on to Underworld server. Major lag took me 10 minutes get of the lion arch loading screen. Trading post is down giving a 502 error notice and getting kicked all the time.

But i`m ok guesting on different world at the moment hope this helps Anet good luck on fixing it.

(edited by Addeon.5960)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: RaZ.2145

RaZ.2145

Also having really bad lag. 2-3 seconds, sometimes longer. Almost unplayable.

same since today … I never had this kind of issue in PVE … just in wvw …. Speedtest test done … and nothing bad ( same as usual) …

SFR server !!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: udoh.5307

udoh.5307

Aurora Glade Server
Since the patch, some strange lag issues. Earlier today, skills not always activating when they say they are going too. This is similar lag to the meta events at times that happened last month.
Today’s other issue was that I seem to be unable to join parties,my party members say I am in the party, but it doesn’t show up for me.
Very strange lag issues.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: BakedGoodz.4082

BakedGoodz.4082

am also having lag issues since the 26th patch

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: GodAmongUs.9713

GodAmongUs.9713

I’m also having similar lags. It isn’t from the new patch but it is from the day that I bought the game. I wanted to guest in a medium pop server but they are all EU and the game says that I can’t guest from american server to EU server.
I’m playing at Dragonbrand server (high populated server)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: jhohcable.3852

jhohcable.3852

Huge lag problems for me since about last week, 1 to 3 second delays on any attack. Movement seems relatively fine until I get into combat.

The odd thing is that my brother just tried it this morning and he had no problems, and we run off the same connection. We have almost identical computers, same internet connection, both on Crystal Desert. He has Win7 though and I have Win8 though.

I can wait for a fix though, I got some other games I can play. But I do wanna play this, so I hope whatever the problem is, it’s found out soon and fixed.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Hi there,
I have some lag issues (huge lags) in tournaments especially in the evenings/nights for a few days now. In the morning or afternoon its okay. I don’t know how to solve this problem, but it is too annoying in tournaments, where i play with friends . Sometimes i have lags in HotM and i haven’t got any lags in Tyria – ever! I don’t think this is a problem by my side :/ . Anyway … ty for this game and sorry for my English. In-game chat is Okay – without lags!

Home world : Seafarer’s Rest EU

(edited by Zahrexsiiszb.8472)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: mattenator.4328

mattenator.4328

Logged in today, eager to spend my day off grinding toward my legendary. Tried healing myself to gain swiftness (rune from armor); after waiting 6+ seconds for anything to happen, I went to another zone to try it, but the same thing happened.

I found something else to do while waiting for the lag to calm down as this has been happening over the past few days – ran around a bit in the game with small intervals to test it out. 8 hours later I’m still lagging, and I really don’t feel like playing gw2 anymore. Today was WvW event day for the guild too, and I just feel like Anet is trying to make me quit.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Found this, might help some here track their problems down. Although I ran it and it said all was fine. And I still have crashes etc..

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Aunarisk.9710

Aunarisk.9710

Same here, at blackgate, I got too much lag to play over the past few days.

Wasting my time for new gaming era? Clicking and make a wish for next 4-6 seconds after (sometimes up to 10+)…."still stand with expectantly monster around " or “down to the ground”,if this is new playing experience. It’s quit not fun with this.

Then I just log out and disconnect, waiting for 15 mins up to 2 hours, then I re-log-on…. “Still lagging”… ok… it’s like DoT (Damage over Time) for player…

I try to re-configure my internet connection (changing DNS to Open DNS both my router and my pc), ever I can use my internet normally… watching streaming vdo, listen online radio , serving and etc.

Sorry for my English.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: BakedGoodz.4082

BakedGoodz.4082

This is really a shame I was away from the game for months and come back to find it unplayable. Really just my luck i guess.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Oddgo.5423

Oddgo.5423

Throwing my hat into the ring.

Lag spikes that don’t affect chat, but everything else. Whatever the source of the lag, I have tested things out and no problems exist anywhere else in my internet habits. Finding this thread seems to confirm my suspicions that something is wrong server side. I will patiently await a solution, but I hope something comes through soon. Or at least an explanation. Silence is the most frustrating response to an issue.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: DaBubbler.9165

DaBubbler.9165

Having the exact same issue here now as well. I’m on Fort Aspenwood server (we’re always getting bugs like this, avoid this server) and I’ve done everything possible on my end to correct the problem and it still is there. Everything is fine and dandy until I try to use a skill then I get a 2-3 second delay where the game freezes and then about 2-3 secs later it responds again but freezes/lags again the next time I use a skill. This is making anything involving any use of skills 100% unplayable. And before tech support tries to blame my end here’s what I tried:
Restarted client-no change
Restarted PC-no change
Reset and rebooted router and cable modem-no change
Uninstalled, restarted PC, and installed fresh version of GW2-no change
Updated all drivers 1 at a time testing GW2 before and after each driver update-no change
Monitored CPU temps and load during issue-no change
Monitored RAM temps and load during issue-no change
Monitored GPU temps and load during issue-no change
Installed fresh GW2 on 100% brand new machine which just had Windows 7 installed yesterday and all driver updated-no change
Connected using my neighbors wireless-no change
Connected using my smart phones HotSpot-no change
Monitored network bandwith and traffic with WireShark-no abnormal packets found or spot before, during, or after issue was present
Had Brighthouse test my physical cables and connections-no change
And before Anet blames my ISP I’ve connected with other online games and have had 0 connection issues so it’s not my end and it’s not my ISP, especially seeing as I connected with 3 different ISP’s (Brighthouse, Comcast, and AT&T). The other games I tested that worked 100% fine were EVE, WOW, SWTOR, Diablo 3, DayZ, Borderlands 2, Dead Island, Mass Effect 3, and Assassin’s Creed 3. None of those games gave me any issues at all using the online features so I am 100% sure the issue is not on my end or my ISP’s end.
As you can clearly see I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE WITHOUT BREAKING EUA/LUA to track it down on my end and no dice so it must be on the server side. I’ve noticed all the other posts from people about this issue and I see that not a single tech/PR person has commented on the issue so I will go ahead and play something else and maybe come back to GW2 once this issue is actually addressed and fixed. All these comments here and not a single reply from Anet makes me a very sad panda.

EDIT: I clean out the inside of my PC case once a week on Sundays and the last time I cleaned it out was yesterday so that is not the issue either.

(edited by DaBubbler.9165)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: kastro.5842

kastro.5842

I have this lag as well!
Most of the times I have 3 seconds of delay in my skills and dodge. Sometimes the lag is so huge that I can walk around, zoom in, zoom out, open my inventory and pretty much anything but still my skills don’t work and the enemies are standing still doing nothing(in pve and sometimes in spvp). Whe I have no lag is like a dream! The game is awesome! Unfortunately when it lags is unplayable :S
I’m playing from Brazil, in server Darkhaven.
My internet connection and PC specs are higher than recommended.
I used to play WoW and CS:GO without lag.
ArenaNet should say something about it.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

Same issues here, Gandara server! The weird part is that it seems to affect certain zones (and even spots ikittenone) more than others.

I only play in WvW. The red border was a horrid lagspike with rubber banding and all the goodies. Then when my guild swapped to another border for me, it was almost completely gone. The only time I had it, I heard others complain about it as well.

So this seems to be a very localized server side issue..

Is there any word from Anet about this problem anywhere?

Edit: Why does it kitten up the words: ‘in’ ‘a’ ‘zone’?

Puz – TDA

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: figjam.5296

figjam.5296

^^Same here..I’m on Gandara and NOT even able to play..

10-15 seconds lag on group events
5-10 seconds lag on open PvE
5+ seconds lag on PvP
20-30+ seconds lag on WvW! By the time it responds, I already end up dying.

Is there any solution for this massive lag issue?

The evil never ends. Just evolves.
Dungeon Master
Been there. Done that.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Herdt.4968

Herdt.4968

Howdy,

Receiving some delay while playing the game on all maps (Jade Quarry PvE, Mists PvP, and WvW servers). Delay is about half a second to a second— not unplayable, but definitely very annoying. This is the first time after a couple months of playing that this has occured.

Internet speed is at 50DL/10UL MB/S speed, 11 ms ping, no dropped packets, so I believe the cause may be server-side. Playing from Northeast USA.

Cheers.

[EDIT] I rescind my previous statement, it’s quite unplayable.

I and my friends are in the same situation.
About a week the connection has been getting worse, especially in the world WVW. Tier 1.
WVW this unplayable.
First time since the launch of the game I have this delay.
We’ve tested it yesterday.
And graphical configuration problem was not much less in our internet.

(edited by Herdt.4968)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Kistenian.2083

Kistenian.2083

problems started ~40 minutes ago and every evening after patch… I mean evening for me (+11 gmt)
delays when using skills. Piken Square EU

Attachments:

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

This lag is really unplayable. It’s too much, I can’t even do super adventure box alone, all my skills will have a 2-5 sec of delay. Please Anet fix this, do not leave the minority ignored as we are your customer too!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Slaptjip.4895

Slaptjip.4895

I have serious latency issues post patch (26 March) to the point where it has become impossible to do any event/dungeon with my zerk warrior.

I can still get away with my Guardian.

Players teleport, when running they skip-jerk forward. I never had this issue. It is impossible to time boss fights and skills take 2-3 seconds to execute.

I never had this problem since launch.

I have had no hardware/software changes.

I manually download applicable drivers especially to maintain a stable compatibility between my software & hardware.

I have a powerful machine but that is not the point. I had no hardware changes & everything worked very well before patch.

I have tried going from high graphics to low.

I have down scaled sound quality, disconnected my 5.1 headset and problem still persist.

Only thing I have not tried was a less empty server (I am on Aurora Glade) but I should not have to jump server to make things less jerky.

I have a very stable 10meg connection.

Arenanet, something seriously went wrong in you latest patch.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Ever since 26/3 patch, I’m unable to play this game as what I used to. WvW is impossible, even fractals and dungeons too. Solo is still doable but still when i’m unable to cast skill for 30 seconds, the result is still the same.

Anet, you want us to explore the game, you want us to play the latest patch in the game, but with this lag(which I believe not on client but on server), how is it possible for the players to explore the game?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Slaptjip.4895

Slaptjip.4895

I attempted guesting in a last attempt after I ensure everything on my side is clean

Sadly the lag continues.

GW2 has found a space on my shelf, I will check once a month for an improvement.

In the meantime I will play BF3 and wow, at least those 2 work without any issues.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Ghetto Guardian.9520

Ghetto Guardian.9520

The game is unplayable with all these lag spikes. I really want to play. But the game isnt allowing me.

Fix It Anet. FIX IT !

YaKSlapper[YaK]
-Gandara
Tell Me I Can’t And I’ll Show You I Can

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: soulsifter.4825

soulsifter.4825

I noticed that the lag and disconnection issues started after the 03/26 patch. I have been playing GW2 since Oct 2012 and haven’t experienced anything like this. I also upgraded my speed to 2mbps and checked with my ISP (Globe Broadband) if there are network outages, but there’s none. I am playing in Sea of Sorrows.

I hope this can be dealt with ASAP since most players with Philippine IP are experiencing this. Thanks.

(edited by soulsifter.4825)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: random noob.5173

random noob.5173

Lag on Crystal Desert started for me after 4/1. I think some if it might be the mass of people running Super Adventure Box, but even PvE is often slow and unplayable.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Luckylucd.7581

Luckylucd.7581

Lags Lags Lags. Nothing that stops you playing, but half a second to a second before skills go makes pvp impossible, and pve anoying.
Game was fine before, other games and internet based programs working fine.
Other guildies experiencing same thing.

We hope something will be done soon. If we could have a sign of life from Anet to know the situation is beeing looked at it would be nice too.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Bellocchi.4593

Bellocchi.4593

HEAVY LAG on Seafarer’s Rest.
GAME UNPLAYABLE from 18:00 to 22:00 PST, ALL WEEK.
Super Adventure Box, WvWvW, sPvP and every zone I’ve tried to play.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

OMG ANET SERIOUSLY ?!!!
Heavy lags until 26th of March in the evenings and nights. It starts about 17:30 till the morning, i mean, seriously ?? Are you going to do something with this or what ?! There are over 1,5k replies about lag spikes and nearly 70k wievers … even some answers would be nice … :/