Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shiva Dragons Heart.5203

Shiva Dragons Heart.5203

I’ve encountered the same issue and I have never lagged on Gwars 2 since it’s been out, even during the Karka event I did alright. I read on another thread removing the game and re-installing helped. I’m going to try that and I’ll report my results here. Whatever is going on is going to cause Anet to lose a lot of loyal players if it isn’t resolved. I wish you all the best of luck ;-)

ShivaDéjàVu
Drâgons Reborn [Rïse]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/UnitedDragonsShiva/

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

All I do is spvp first off….

Over the last week I was getting bad spikes of “video lag” whenever a lot of area effects were going on around me.

Today I was playing and was experiencing really bad “skill lag” – i.e. i would fire off a skill and not see it connect a second or two later. It was nearly unplayable. This happened consistently all night.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: DesaanUK.3742

DesaanUK.3742

Adding my voice to the discontent. Always the same every day, 7pm GMT to 11pm GMT is borderline unplayable. This has been happening more and more frequently over the last few weeks.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: watheflute.4750

watheflute.4750

Adding my voice to the discontent. Always the same every day, 7pm GMT to 11pm GMT is borderline unplayable. This has been happening more and more frequently over the last few weeks.

I have exactly the same problem. Skill lag, etc. after 7pm GMT since last patch. I’m on Desolation, sometimes the lag disappears if I guest on other servers.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Same as many others here, over the last week or so I’ve been experiencing terrible lag after about 7pm GMT.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Siegegamer.6725

Siegegamer.6725

wow i wonder if arenanet give a kitten about peoples lag, and also there server quality… reminds me of the old gw1 days.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Sarphil.9580

Sarphil.9580

I just login and got a new update. Now I am lagging badly (it wasn’t before the update).
My latency range is 550 ave.

Please fix this. Thanks.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Gallowbraid.9267

Gallowbraid.9267

From Sydney, Aus, have been playing pvp since 6pm (GMT +10) and around 7:10pm, started lagging to an unplayable point (characters warp constantly).

This has been happening for months. Always happens sometime after 7pm. It’s like the game is forcing me not to play too much when I get home from work…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: kitsuneKyo.6824

kitsuneKyo.6824

Since the last update I lag like crazy. (from AUT)
have 100mbps connection and constant ~30ms ping @ www.google.at while gw2 is lagging. same problem with no firewall or antivir software up.

Sunday, 26 May
16:13:56
(GMT + 0:00)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: PadmaN.7820

PadmaN.7820

Terrible lag in WvW since last patch 24.05. 1-2 sec lag spikes. People jumping around the screen. Feels like rubberbanding/jittering… Lots of my friends with same problem. Also few threads in around here too. Submitted my support ticket for this.

(edited by PadmaN.7820)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Can we have a ping icon like gw1?

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Network Lag [Merged]

kitsuneKyo.6824

now in AC explo and ZG explo two of my guildmembers had ~3sec lags as well! i’d really like a DEV commenting on if they are aware of this

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

i’d really like a DEV commenting on if they are aware of this

Hahaha, Next joke.

Anet are well known for totally ignoring any posts regarding Lag or Skill Delay – Or bugs they can’t fix.

Try making another post that you are unable to buy gems, You will be amazed how fast you get a response

Network Lag [Merged]

kitsuneKyo.6824

i’d really like a DEV commenting on if they are aware of this

Hahaha, Next joke.

Anet are well known for totally ignoring any posts regarding Lag or Skill Delay – Or bugs they can’t fix.

Try making another post that you are unable to buy gems, You will be amazed how fast you get a response

thats a little bit close-minded to say.
I think they are working really hard, they only have their priorities off sometimes.

the only thing why I’m kitten ed is that they keep dashing out living story content and totally seem to ignore the already existing and bugged like crap content. :/

you’re acting like they were moneygrabbing apes like frogster. XD

btt: I tried it again yesterday: In the background I set a constant ping to google.at to check if my network has severe lags sometimes.

Then I took my Engi and just ran around in the open World, doing some Eventchains etc.
-> No Lags – CMD Ping constant @ 30ms

Afterwards I joined my Guild in Arah and a few CoF runs
-> Severe Lags, Got ported around like crazy. CMD Ping constant @ 30ms

I bet my non-existing legendaries that this is a dungeon server issue!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: guala.3086

guala.3086

Well, here in Austria we are experiencing those lags too .
It is not a matter of the ISP, as our guild-members are working with different providers but have lags nearly the same moment. It seems it is a problem within the Guildwars-Servers. The lag even concerns the black lion interface.
It is quite interesting, that there is no official comment on that problem. That’s really bad quality management and customer relation management.
I must say, that the game is unplayable with that bug and if there is no solution the next 7 days I have to return the game to where I bought it.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Hexyn.8462

Hexyn.8462

Hi,

I was experiencing this last night when I logged in for some WvW, I didnt test PvE zones but it was happening on multiple borderlands. The symptoms I’m seeing is sporadic skill delay and pauses. Every few seconds the action would halt and then would catch up. This does look like network lag, but I’m not entirely convinced, I believe it has something to do with your new patch and your servers directly.

using the /IP command ingame I took the IP of that server and ran a tracert against it, all hops were at a clean 32ms to a NCSOFT domain but the lag was continuing.

I had other guildmembers experience the same thing on completely different ISP’s. Even one member that was perfectly fine until he and a few other crashed out (at the same time in wvw) and apon relogging was experiecing the same warping effect.

I’m not entirely sure what is causing it for some and not others, but I do believe this is related to your new patch.

————-
Piken Square

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Kuretsu.3465

Kuretsu.3465

Adding my voice to this.
I get no huge latency issues at all in the Open World.
When I enter WvW, PvP or a Dungeon the latency spikes happen.
I have been having these latency issues for about a month but with the patch of the 28th it seems to spike more often instead of just having constant latency.

I did a pingtest.net test to Frankfurt (I believe their datacenter is there.), my own location (Rotterdam), and London.

Everywhere I get an ‘A’ score: No packet loss, very low jitter, about 20ms to Frankfurt and London, even lower to Rotterdam.

This issue seems to be exclusive to Guild Wars 2, as several other MMOs as well as online shooters (where latency matters even more) are working fine with very low latencies (even if I would connect to a NA server).

I had a chat in /m in Lions Arch yesterday and it appears I am not alone on this issue.

I hope some dev can respond with some more insight soon.

(edited by Kuretsu.3465)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Malevolusnox.2475

Malevolusnox.2475

Another voice here, you know, one of the ones Anet is obviously ignoring because they apparently have better things to do.

Someone should fake a ‘I can’t buy gems thread’. When they take the bait, hit them with this thread.

Otherwise this will be ignored until the day after the end of the world.

Only chat works. Game is frozen. Everyone else is fine and the game becomes unplayable.

I can’t play with my friends, I never get to see them and haven’t in years, this game is my one interaction with them and I’m being screwed over because Anet cares more about profits than its customers.

I’m not even surprised, they’ve become no better than Blizzard.

I’m so disappointed.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: fepierri.6730

fepierri.6730

I’m from Brazil and i’m having Network Lag issues too… It started like 2 weeks ago… It seems that a lot of ppl have the same problem, ANet must repair it soon

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: The Last Hobbit.6492

The Last Hobbit.6492

Huge network lag whenever I am anywhere near a WvW zerg. Nothing else lags.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

sPvP has lag problems atm. Everytime I try to play sPvP in the evening, I end up ragequitting because of the lag. A few comments:

1) the lag I am expecting isn’t huge, but enough to make the game not fun, think something in the 400-800 ms range
2) it only ever happens in the evening, if I play in the morning / early afternoon it’s perfectly fine
3) I ran a lot of speed tests to a lot of different servers in different countries, and I always have a nice and low ping (never above 80 ms if pinging west-european servers). From this I conclude that the problem is not on my side.

Back in the days I always noticed that sPvP was lagfree even if the rest of the game was not. Please make it like that again!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Motley.7416

Motley.7416

Second day in a row, yesterday was playing from 10am (UK time) and 10pm, from 10am till 6pm it was fine, then 6pm arrives and the lag begins. This exact same issue has happened today, been fine until 6pm and almost right on key, myself and 6 other guild members all suffering huge 5-10 second lag spikes, rendering the game unplayable.

This is getting frustrating now. The obvious problem would be their servers being too weak to handle the loads, being on a high pop server ofc, but they surely should be able to handle this by now… It’s been a while since release.

I also see others are having the same problems, does anyone know of anything that’s going to be done?

EDIT: Have since found out that during these monumental lag spikes, you can talk fine with your guild mates in guild chat but nothing in public chat. Suggesting heavily that their servers are lagged!!

EDIT2: Day 3 – Been playing since 8.30am, working fine all day. 5.30 on the dot, the first small 1-2 second lag spikes begin. 6.50pm the game is unplayable with 30+ second lag spikes and frequent disconnects.

Seems to be mostly UK players suffering with this so… y’know… Arenanet… PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THIS PROBLEM

(edited by Motley.7416)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: InquisitorCrow.8692

InquisitorCrow.8692

I can second pretty much everything that you just said.
I’ve been playing since 9am, and I’ve had no lag spikes whatsoever. Shortly after dragonbash is released (around that time) the lag spikes start to arrive.

It’s happened for the past few days, and I haven’t seen any response to any threads.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Emelian.6103

Emelian.6103

absolutely agree with you guys, after patch downloaded i feel really bad. guildmate “recieved” his spikes yesterday. before the dragon bash i enjoyed game even in LA, but now, i have a skill lag, like 3 servers in garrison, even if i in some low-pop location.
SFR, Europe. sorry for my english.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Aeryn Knight.4351

Aeryn Knight.4351

exact same issues here

whiteside ridge server

in the UK

isp is virgin media

Network Lag [Merged]

Motley.7416

I’ve got mates in UK all over the place on many different ISP’s, some with 60mb internet, and we’re all having the same problems. I’m getting it significantly worse than some though. Been reading this problem for a few days now it seems. Mine started lastnight, levelled out today, and then went to kitten.

Playing on Desolation, being a UK server, 6pm is obviously the start of potential peek time. It’s pretty obvious what the problem is to me, but will they sort it? Will they hell.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: cygnus.8913

cygnus.8913

I’ve got mates in UK all over the place on many different ISP’s, some with 60mb internet, and we’re all having the same problems. I’m getting it significantly worse than some though. Been reading this problem for a few days now it seems. Mine started lastnight, levelled out today, and then went to kitten.

Playing on Desolation, being a UK server, 6pm is obviously the start of potential peek time. It’s pretty obvious what the problem is to me, but will they sort it? Will they hell.

Same here. I’m in Brum with a 60MB line (Virgin Media)..getting over 200ms ping at peak times, but it’s fine at off peak times.

I will say that my b/f is with BT Infinity on a 60MB line, and is not having an issue, though the issue doesn’t seem limited to one ISP. Unfortunately, I’m not savvy enough to figure out where the problem is, but it’s only been in the past few days I’ve been getting this performance in GW2 and no other games.

Can anyone help?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: SirAmikVarse.2793

SirAmikVarse.2793

Same with my and my partner in England, cant play it – its unplayable, the lag is horrid and I cant even run forwards without crashing… normally its fine its always 6pm on wards.

Every now and then it looks like its actually working so I go to get my wvw dailies done then uh oh a fight happens and it freezes with a crash afterwards, armor repairs needed!

Guess I need to wait for 11pm to run around and get all my dailies done as quick as possible :-(

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

Same issues for me, started on Sunday and got worse throughout the day. Yesterday and today it’s pretty much all right during the day, but right around 4:30-5:30 performance plummets to the point the game becomes unplayable – massive lag spikes, rubberbanding, huge load times and disconnects.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Loads getting this issue, I’ve been getting it ever since the 27th April
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Lag-Long-Loading-and-Error-7-11-3-189-101/page/5#post2188509

Just dc’d due to excessive lag spike and rejoined into an overflow, where lag has gone

(edited by Safari.3021)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: cygnus.8913

cygnus.8913

Just logged into WoW – 30ms ping. I get roughly the same in Borderlands 2.

GW2 ping is sitting around 250ms. Is there anything I can change my end to improve that?

Network Lag [Merged]

Motley.7416

So myself and my my friend have just run a test whilst chatting on skype…

We can chat in guild chat when we are lagged out for 30 second spikes. BUT, can’t chat in any public channels. Proving the error with their public servers not being able to handle it!

Useless, they need to improve this and fast!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: babak.3654

babak.3654

Just to add my own experience, attempting to WvW, freezing of 15-20 seconds and can’t even swap weapons. I’m in the UK, with Talk Talk. Game is essentially unplayable, I’m about to log out and find a better use for my free time (i.e. just about anything).

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

Same for me everyday from 6-9pm GMT and other online games run fine. Submitted multiple reports to Anet and still nothing despite making the game unplayable fro many in prime time :/.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Fatallty.7164

Fatallty.7164

Same for me. With those lags its unplayable. Server Aurora Glade, EU. My internet and PC are ok. Others internet games works perfect.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Poister.6175

Poister.6175

Exactly the same for me too, at peak times 6pm-9pm Playability is completely ruined by ridiculously long lag and getting kicked by the server. other times the lag is almost non-existent.
I have tested my ping across the globe using pingtest.com and most reports are A grade line with zero packet lose with exceptionable ping and jitter.

Network Lag [Merged]

InquisitorCrow.8692

On the bright side, I managed to glitch past Inspector Ellen Kiel, and now I get to dance in an area that nobody on this area is able to get to.
All I did was run straight to this area while my game was under the effect of a lag spike. Now I can only waypoint out of here.

Proof – http://i.imgur.com/a7sq0gE.jpg

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Lord Devy.7058

Lord Devy.7058

Same here , yesterday was all fine and today the lag is killing me. Looks like i got it after dragon bash update, the game is almost unplayable at the mo…

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Sam.6483

Sam.6483

Exactly same happen here. ame here. UK, virgin internet

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Lord Devy.7058

Lord Devy.7058

Looks like mainly EU/UK is affected if im not mistaken.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: karllikeeh.9016

karllikeeh.9016

Yeah same for me massive lag around 6 pm uk

isp:- Sky
Server :- Whiteside Ridge
EU

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Chevron.1263

Chevron.1263

I’m having the exact same issue, I have a virgin media 80Mb connection and still lag so much from about 8pm GMT until maybe 11pm. During that time the game is almost unplayable, with constant game kicks to the character selection screen.

ISP: Virgin Media
Realm : Desolation

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Hachirou.9380

Hachirou.9380

Happened today and yesterday. House mate playing fine, unplayable for me. Everything else working fine outside of GW2.

we are on about 80mb internet, one of us is fine one of us isnt.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Daniel.7526

Daniel.7526

Same here.. started like a week ago. so many lag spikes. make gw 2 unplayable..
server desolation.
isp 20mb netgear

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: dazbootland.3786

dazbootland.3786

Same here. Just tried it now. Unplayable. WoW fine. Marvel Heroes fine (until they took the server down). Just seems to be GW. 40MB Sky connection

I haven’t had this much lag since I played Unreal Tournament on a dial-up modem.

And yes, it started happening after Dragonfest or whatever it’s called.

Network Lag [Merged]

InquisitorCrow.8692

They really seem to be avoiding answering the lag problems like it’s the plague.
It’d be nice if they even told us what’s going on – or even if they don’t know what’s going on.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Ping sits at 60ms normally, but spikes to 250ms (the highest W7 resource manager will report) regularly. Makes it unplayable.

Talktalk, just bought a new router. May try switching back ot the old router, I can’t see it’s my router causing the issue but I’m out of options as ANet treats lag issues the same way it treats Necromancer bugs.

Kittens.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Nuked local.dat, seemed to help. May be because users stopped logging in and demand dropped. No diea really.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

Nuked local.dat, seemed to help. May be because users stopped logging in and demand dropped. No diea really.

What do you mean by nuked local.DAT?

Full time Engi, Part time Ele