New Account Restrictions

New Account Restrictions

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Volatile.8452

Volatile.8452

I have a second account and I’m trying to transfer some of the gold I’ve made to my main account. I understand why the limitations are in place, but what would the reasoning be for NOT TELLING the player how long these restrictions are? The account is 11 days old and I still cannot transfer modest amounts of gold. I can see a week for restrictions, but anything beyond that just seems to needlessly restrict legitimate players. It doesn’t seem like too much to ask to be told when we wont be restricted other than a vague “As you continue to play”

Does anyone have further insight into the length of restrictions?

edit: I seen the post just before this, but both of my accounts are pay-to-play.

New Account Restrictions

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

the limits for gold transfers (mail etc) are for the first 30 days of the account existing. you can only send a certain amount of gold.

The first 30 days following creation, a new account is limited as follows:

*Amount of coin that can be mailed. However, any amount can be received.
*Value of items both deposited into and withdrawn from a Guild Vault.

The amount you are allowed increases approximately one gold every 10 hours.

edit: after 30 days, the restrictions are lifted

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

New Account Restrictions

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Because gold sellers could open an account (with a stolen card), use that account to transfer all of their gold sales from, and then have it closed if the restrictions were so short.

It really is there to combat gold sales. Most new accounts will never need to worry about transferring gold back when they are new. Most new accounts will want to hold onto any gold they get for everything in the game.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

New Account Restrictions

Posted by: DragonHeart.7201

DragonHeart.7201

Tried to trade an item of sort of higher value? Don’t know if that might work?