New CPU upgrade now GW2 runs very bad. why?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: woofdang.6397

woofdang.6397

I upgraded my CPU from an 8350 which ran GW2 at 60-80 fps with an AMD 270x Card but since I changed out my motherboard and CPU for an intel i5 4590 the games run so bad and I get around 8-15 fps, Why is this? It’s a new system with just a few other games installed and that’s all I have on this machine so far. The system (windows 7) has been fully updated and I can’t figure out why it runs so poorly now. Other games run so much better on this new 4590 i5 compared to my old 8350 FX chip, all except GW2.

So anyone have any ideas what’s wrong?

Thanks!

woofdang.6397

FYI yes I did run -repair.

Thanks

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Is your GPU in the slot next to your CPU ? Make sure it runs at @x16 and post
maybe a screenshot from GPU-z and CPU-z while GW2 is running, like this :

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

woofdang.6397

yep it’s in the PCI-E X16 slot.

Alos the odd thang is on the character screen like you show my FPS is fluid at 60 fps or higher, but once I get into the actual world it drops between 8-20 ankitten.

Here are the snaps. So what’s going on?

Attachments:

woofdang.6397

I noticed that Texhpowerup GPUZ says the pci e x16 is running at X4 v1.1 hmmm. Is this the issue and if so how do I crank that up? Not seen anything in bios or ufi for my mobo which is the ASROCK H97M Pro 4

Thanks,.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Confirm it’s in the proper slot. Your board has two x16, but one is meant for a dual GPU setup and is only x4.

Also confirm that all power connectors are connected. It generally won’t turn on if it’s not, but some do.

woofdang.6397

Ok I am a moron! Thanks you guys! It was in the lower slot. The first slot is like right up under the CPU and I do not know why I did not see it and put it in there. Ugh! It’s a micro atx or itx board. ugh. That fixed my issue. I am now running at 70 fps+

Thanks again I would have never figures that out on my own any time soon! I had not even thought of that! I’m a moron! Sorry guys and thanks again! You saved me days of head aches!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I noticed that Texhpowerup GPUZ says the pci e x16 is running at X4 v1.1 hmmm. Is this the issue and if so how do I crank that up? Not seen anything in bios or ufi for my mobo which is the ASROCK H97M Pro 4

Thanks,.

If it is really in the proper slot, reseating the card often has helped.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

woofdang.6397

Another question you guys might be able to help with. I noticed this new board’s bus speed is at 100 MHz and my amd board ran at over 200+ MHz. Is this an issue?

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Not an issue, different architecture.

Bus Speed*Multiplier=core speed

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS