New GW2 account from G2A

New GW2 account from G2A

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mr Niice.2307

Mr Niice.2307

Hey everyone!

I am writing this on behalve of a friend of mine; DaBeat.1026

My friend recently bought his account at G2A, thinking this was a legit site where you can get keys. Apparantley Arenanet sees G2A as an illegal third party website where you are not allowed to buy keys from. The consequense of him buying an account there is a banned account.

I understand that certain websites are illegal (gw2 money sites etc), but G2A (didn’t know it myself) seems quite legit after entering the website. Perhaps it’s fair to ban accounts that got their keys from those websites, but shouldnt it be communicated a bit better to new players?

As it, according to me, wasnt communicated properly (especially to new players) I’m asking you Arenanet to revise your previous decision on banning him. With the recent promotions in mind the saying "when it’s to good to be true then it probably is’ isnt in place here..

Thanks in advance.

ps, i know that the person itself needs to contact gw2 but he did and I think that this matter needs be communicated better to players.

~ Cerum

(edited by Mr Niice.2307)

New GW2 account from G2A

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

ArenaNet don’t ban accounts for being bought from certain places. They ban accounts for said places either stealing keys or doing a chargeback after they have sold the key.

G2A have been having plenty of issues like these lately.

If you want to be on the safe side, always buy directly from authorized retailers. (Or even better, directly from uy.guildwars2.com)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

New GW2 account from G2A

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If G2A is so “legit”, they should gladly refund your friends purchase price (since the key was banned due to G2A relations with Anet).

I get what you are saying, OP, but Anet cannot police the world to stop keys (legit) or not being re-sold by 3rd party companies that are not authorized re-sellers. They certainly cannot allow the keys in question to be used (even by good intentioned players).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

New GW2 account from G2A

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Any problem with a purchase, the buyer (player) can request a refund from the source from which the game was purchased. If bought from the Official GW2 site, then a refund from ArenaNet directly. Purchased elsewhere, the refund comes from the retailer. Your friend has every right to seek a refund from the place of purchase. Just as with any other purchase.

Good luck.

New GW2 account from G2A

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I buy a car, I don’t get full details on the car (it’s used) and it turns out the person I bought it from stole it and is selling me stolen goods. The police come and take the car away.

Replace car with GW2 cd key and Anet with police. That’s why they took the account away. They can’t communicate who is selling stolen keys because… they have been stolen and Anet won’t be able to track them down until they are used.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

New GW2 account from G2A

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

G2A buy their stock from re-sellers who sell keys to them for an insanely cheap price, thus allowing them to sell them back off for relatively cheap too.

However.. Most the keys G2A sell are obtained via illegitimate means, stolen credit cards being the big one.

Recently there was a huge problem with CD Key reselling sites (G2A being at the top) with CD Keys being sold for Farcry 4 that were obtained fraudulently.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/28/ubisoft-key-resellers-stolen-cards/

I owned one of those far cry 4 cd keys, and upon my key being reinstated, i made a promise to myself that i would never buy anything from G2A again, because I’ve had nothing but trouble from them.

Tell your friend to buy GW2 legitimately either in an actual retailer (if you can still pick up GW2 There) or online on the actual gw2 store. He isn’t getting his account back.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA