New PC, Terrible FPS

New PC, Terrible FPS

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: zaxz.9265

zaxz.9265

Hey so i just got my new pc all booted up and installed gw2 with new drivers and whatnot and I get like 10fps ingame.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0 GHz 8MB
ASUS Z170
Corsair 16GB (2×8GB) DDR4 2133MHz
Corsair RM750x 750W
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX DC3 OC

New PC, Terrible FPS

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Make sure the gpu runs at pcie x16 speed.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

New PC, Terrible FPS

Posted by: Half Mystic.9072

Half Mystic.9072

This isn’t an issue with your PC. It’s GW2’s horrible optimization. I have the exact same specs, except a GTX 1080, and I get terrible FPS in events and cities as well.

It’s been a strongly desired feature that anet put in DX11 at least so it would be more GPU reliant rather than CPU, but they have yet to do anything about it.

So all those parts you have for your new PC? Practically useless in this game. Anyone who says “I get 60 FPS in populated areas and events on high” is a complete liar. =\ Just look it up a little bit on these forums, you’ll see.

(edited by Half Mystic.9072)

New PC, Terrible FPS

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Yeah obviously something is wrong, you should be getting much much higher FPS. You sure you are running the game with your GPU?

(edited by Medazolam.3058)

New PC, Terrible FPS

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

This isn’t an issue with your PC. It’s GW2’s horrible optimization. I have the exact same specs, except a GTX 1080, and I get terrible FPS in events and cities as well.

It’s been a strongly desired feature that anet put in DX11 at least so it would be more GPU reliant rather than CPU, but they have yet to do anything about it.

So all those parts you have for your new PC? Practically useless in this game. Anyone who says “I get 60 FPS in populated areas and events on high” is a complete liar. =\ Just look it up a little bit on these forums, you’ll see.

It that is the case why do players with less impressive rigs get considerably higher framerates? No, there is something not quite working with that rig and this game. Often it’s the GPU not waking up from x1 mode or a thermal throttling issue.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New PC, Terrible FPS

Posted by: Zihkar.1570

Zihkar.1570

Make sure you are running 64bit, I made the mistake of downloading the 32bit without realizing it. Had the same issues, insanely bad fps without knowing why. After futzing with it I found the issue was of my own doing.
If that doesn’t help then good luck to you, hope the figure it out.

New PC, Terrible FPS

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

Make sure you connected monitor to the GPU and not the motherboard. You wouldn’t be the first person that’s done that.

@Half Mystic that’s rubbish. He should be getting much better performance of that regardless of the state of the game’s overall performance. I was on my old 2600K and 970 combination.

New PC, Terrible FPS

Posted by: zaxz.9265

zaxz.9265

Thanks for all the answers.
The monitor is plugged into the motherboard because i dont have any cable for the slot in the graphics card.
But i’ll fix it somehow

New PC, Terrible FPS

Posted by: sirsquishy.2619

sirsquishy.2619

The monitor is plugged into the motherboard because i dont have any cable for the slot in the graphics card.
But i’ll fix it somehow

Ok so that means you are using the Intel Graphics and not your Nvidia card to render the Game.

Once you get your monitor plugged into the Nvidia card you should be good.

New PC, Terrible FPS

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

But i’ll fix it somehow

There’s your problem. Easy fix.