New Support "Zendesk"

New Support "Zendesk"

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Caran.3217

Caran.3217

Where did the old NCSoft-support log in go?

Now in order to submit a ticket i also have to put in my real name AND the serial code? REALLY?

I logged into the old support in order to submit a ticket simply with my support-account plus password. That was is it. That’s how it should be.

Tell me this new stuff is just a joke? How much info am i supposed to type in each time – and serial code is an absolute no go.

If there’s no way to reach support the old way, that’s it for me, amazing hoax to make a customer not want to submit a ticket in the first place.

New Support "Zendesk"

Caran.3217

Oh i forgot – this is an external service right? Zendesk.com whatever…

So i should happily give sensitive information to another company? Weren’t you so worried about security ANet?

Tell me i have it all wrong, because i want to submit a ticket, but will not do it if my data goes all over the place/internet.

New Support "Zendesk"

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Now in order to submit a ticket i also have to put in my real name AND the serial code? REALLY?

I logged into the old support in order to submit a ticket simply with my support-account plus password. That was is it. That’s how it should be.

Tell me this new stuff is just a joke? How much info am i supposed to type in each time – and serial code is an absolute no go.

If there’s no way to reach support the old way, that’s it for me, amazing hoax to make a customer not want to submit a ticket in the first place.

You do not need to input every field. Input what you can provide and the team will do their best to assist you.

As agents, we’re finding the system far more powerful and far more user-friendly. Gone are the days of “create a support account separate from your game account.” Do you realize that some people had multiple game accounts, a forum account, a support account, an NCMA, and a NC Account? This is much, much better.

There are naturally some early bugs and glitches, but overall the transition has been incredibly smooth. I’m sure that with continued use, you’ll come to agree.

The system is secure. We’ve had people comb it backwards and forwards. And if this is operating on a system provided by ZenDeck, the other was provided by RightNow. Neither is a proprietary system but are systems build by a company and customized and secured by us. Both are/were secure.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

New Support "Zendesk"

Caran.3217

As i try to submit a ticket i get asked to log in to my GW2 support account – which one is this please?

Which email am i supposed to use? The one for the game, for my account, or for my former support account?

Help please.

New Support "Zendesk"

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

As i try to submit a ticket i get asked to log in to my GW2 support account – which one is this please?

Which email am i supposed to use? The one for the game, for my account, or for my former support account?

Help please.

And that is where I think we may have an issue. What’s your ticket number, please? Do you have two different numbers?

Let me investigate, please. You should not be asked to use any support account, as far as I understand this transition. Back soon with more info!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

New Support "Zendesk"

Caran.3217

I think it went through now (without having to log in to support). I had to type in my account email on top of having to type in an email in the first field which is weird. At least you don’t have to type in the email to log in to the game, i guess that is a plus…

I don’t have an email confirmation yet, i will let you know if there’s any further trouble.

Thank you for now.

New Support "Zendesk"

Caran.3217

No confirmation email yet. I can’t log into support to check if a ticket has been generated – the system does not accept my account log in (which is the data i provided to submit a new ticket).

Can’t log in, can’t check, no idea – lots of wasted time, calling it quits for tonight.

New Support "Zendesk"

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I really want to look at this, but I need your ticket number.

What we think is happening is you’re going through a bad link into the old system, where you should be in the new one. There is no Support Account need any longer, but if you try to log into Account Support during this one-week transition period, you might be getting caught in a loop.

I’ll look into this if I get the ticket number.

Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

New Support "Zendesk"

Caran.3217

There is no ticket number, i got no email from support as i submitted my new ticket with the new system. That one went trough without an error but how can i see a ticket number if the support page won’t let me log in?

And this is a new ticket (or was going be, no idea where it went to!), with the new system – the email i used is my account-email, not the game-account email and not the old ncsoft support email i used.

Just tell me please what data i need to log in to the new support page – it asks for an email and a password, which ones?

New Support "Zendesk"

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Go here: https://guildwars2.zendesk.com/home. Do not attempt to log into a support page or the old support system. Just follow that link, please.

Submit a ticket by clicking “Submit a request” in the upper right-hand section of that linked page.

Input the information that you have. If you are missing some information, leave the space blank.

You will receive a response through the new system and that response will include a ticket number. If you do not see the email, check Junk, Spam, and every other folder (including the tabs in Gmail) to find it. Each submitted ticket is sent a response. We know that Yahoo is having issues. If you’re using Yahoo, let me know. Otherwise, please let me know the 5 digit number for the ticket that you support via the means outlined above.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

New Support "Zendesk"

Caran.3217

After another try a ticket was created without a hick up this time – No 23117.

Got the confirmation on the support site, and an email went instantly through. I submitted the actual issue in my reply email.

(edited by Caran.3217)

New Support "Zendesk"

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

You do not need to input every field. Input what you can provide and the team will do their best to assist you.

As agents, we’re finding the system far more powerful and far more user-friendly. Gone are the days of “create a support account separate from your game account.” Do you realize that some people had multiple game accounts, a forum account, a support account, an NCMA, and a NC Account? This is much, much better.

There are naturally some early bugs and glitches, but overall the transition has been incredibly smooth. I’m sure that with continued use, you’ll come to agree.

The system is secure. We’ve had people comb it backwards and forwards. And if this is operating on a system provided by ZenDeck, the other was provided by RightNow. Neither is a proprietary system but are systems build by a company and customized and secured by us. Both are/were secure.

I definitely like the idea of one account better. In the second paragraph when you talk about all those accounts, you’re talking about me there! Been with you folks since GW1 and those multiple credentials for all your different pages is a PAIN! I won’t miss it!

New Support "Zendesk"

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

You can no longer upload screenshots to go along with your “request” and I think that’s a huge flaw. In addition I’ve submitted a report with 3 character names (and have over the past how many months) that violate the “real life person reference” including links to their wiki and personal websites. I’m wondering if NCsoft agents that review these tickets are in South Korea and possibly have no idea who these figures are and just close out the ticket as such.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

New Support "Zendesk"

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

You can no longer upload screenshots to go along with your “request” and I think that’s a huge flaw. In addition I’ve submitted a report with 3 character names (and have over the past how many months) that violate the “real life person reference” including links to their wiki and personal websites. I’m wondering if NCsoft agents that review these tickets are in South Korea and possibly have no idea who these figures are and just close out the ticket as such.

We are working on expanding to allow attachments. As you can imagine, our first concern is security on every level, so please bear with us for a few days as we sort out that issue in the best way possible.

Your in-game or ticket reports to us certainly CAN include character names. We ask that they not be posted on the forums but an in-game report naturally sends us that info, and support ticket, being private, also can include names. Agents are not located in South Korea, although why that would be relevant it beyond me. I’m sure well-trained agents could be in that country or anywhere else in the world and do an excellent job. The point is, no one is “just closing tickets” randomly.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

New Support "Zendesk"

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

After another try a ticket was created without a hick up this time – No 23117.

Got the confirmation on the support site, and an email went instantly through. I submitted the actual issue in my reply email.

Terrific! Thanks for submitting that new ticket, and I’m sure you’ll be helped very soon. (Also, I appreciate you taking the time to post here to update us. Always good to know the latest about a situation we’re tracking.)

I definitely like the idea of one account better. In the second paragraph when you talk about all those accounts, you’re talking about me there! Been with you folks since GW1 and those multiple credentials for all your different pages is a PAIN! I won’t miss it!

Thanks. It’s one of the things that has been a “burr under my saddle” since Day One. I’m sooo glad we’re moving away from 97 accounts for each player.
Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to do that, and for posting in that regard.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

New Support "Zendesk"

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Your in-game or ticket reports to us certainly CAN include character names. We ask that they not be posted on the forums but an in-game report naturally sends us that info, and support ticket, being private, also can include names. Agents are not located in South Korea, although why that would be relevant it beyond me. I’m sure well-trained agents could be in that country or anywhere else in the world and do an excellent job. The point is, no one is “just closing tickets” randomly.

My statement wasn’t to say that these fine agents aren’t trained in providing excellent customer service, but rather if they were from South Korea, they may not know individuals that are known in our North American culture. That’s not unreasonable to assume.

If you went to Africa, you’ll find people who have no idea who Joe Biden is (that’s actually a bad example because some people in the US don’t know who he is). My point is, when I’ve reported the names, who violate the “real life person reference”, they may not know they’re a famous actor or musician, whereas we do.

Lastly, you never did answer how a character remains playable after having been reported numerous times over a few months, when that name, without a doubt, violates your naming policy. Not to mention it’s in your personal in-box. I think that points to a customer service/ToS enforcement issue.

edit: request #14686 for your viewing pleasure.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

(edited by Teege.4623)

New Support "Zendesk"

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

My statement wasn’t to say that these fine agents aren’t trained in providing excellent customer service, but rather if they were from South Korea, they may not know individuals that are known in our North American culture. That’s not unreasonable to assume.

I’m pretty sure that even a CS agent in SK can use Google.

New Support "Zendesk"

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

yeah, not needing a seperate support account is good
but.. now the support page just sends me to a FAQ
used to be able to write a report and attach a screenshot.. now you have to write a subsequent email, and where are all my past tickets.. or the option to cancel a ticket because it resolved itself.. good idea with a huge step backwards

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

New Support "Zendesk"

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

yeah, not needing a seperate support account is good
but.. now the support page just sends me to a FAQ
used to be able to write a report and attach a screenshot.. now you have to write a subsequent email, and where are all my past tickets.. or the option to cancel a ticket because it resolved itself.. good idea with a huge step backwards

Oh you sure can submit a ticket. See that little “Submit a request” in the upper right? Click through, outline the line, provide as much info as possible, and you’ll be good to go!

The tickets in the old system are gone. The good news is you probably have records in your e-mails. If you’re following up on an issue that was present prior to the end of October, you can copy/page the contents of the old ticket into a new one and the team will assist you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

New Support "Zendesk"

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Just a heads up on a comment I saw here. Zendesk is a very reputable support website provider (my company has used them for years). As to the security of your data and being paranoid of putting it in to a website form….who is actually hosting ANY website these days?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

New Support "Zendesk"

Previous

Gaile Gray

Just a heads up on a comment I saw here. Zendesk is a very reputable support website provider (my company has used them for years). As to the security of your data and being paranoid of putting it in to a website form….who is actually hosting ANY website these days?

Thank you for that positive information. We did a lot of searching before we made a decision on our provider, and we have confidence in their security.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet