New windowsphone authenticator not available!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ridik.2708

Ridik.2708

Hi!

i need a mobile authenticator but, not available now, ( out dated ) !
iphone, androids only! windowsphone not have !

" this app it is no longer available "

so any idea ? where find a new app, or how create authenticator on my windows phone?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Visit the app store for your mobile platform of choice, and locate the “Google Authenticator” app. This app is provided free of charge. The two-factor authentication scheme used for Guild Wars 2 is fully compatible with this app.

Follow the instructions found here: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27626157-Mobile-Authentication

Good luck.

Posted by: Ridik.2708

Ridik.2708

Visit the app store for your mobile platform of choice, and locate the “Google Authenticator” app. This app is provided free of charge. The two-factor authentication scheme used for Guild Wars 2 is fully compatible with this app.

Follow the instructions found here: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27626157-Mobile-Authentication

Good luck.

its ok but windowsphone NOT use google authenticator….i need windowsphone application not android

https://account.guildwars2.com/account/security/totp

have 3 link…

1) Appstore on IPHONE
2) GooglePlay app on ANDROID
3) Windows Phone …but this app not available

windowsphone cant use android apps or iphone apps! i need a windowsphone application like blizzrad authenticator or any…

just click on " my account " – Security ..Step one get the app, click on windows phone icon…and u can read.." this application not available " …

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Go to your – your phone’s app store. Find Google Authenticator for Windows. Download app. Then, follow instructions. =)

Good luck.

Posted by: GM Awesomeness

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

I just took a look and I couldn’t find the Google Authenticator for Windows phones – it seems to be discontinued. However, I did find this, which is “designed to be a replacement for Google Authenticator.” Note that ArenaNet does not officially endorse this app, and I can’t guarantee it will work with our game, but if you do try it please let me know if it works!

Posted by: Smokey.7652

Smokey.7652

I just took a look and I couldn’t find the Google Authenticator for Windows phones – it seems to be discontinued. However, I did find this, which is “designed to be a replacement for Google Authenticator.” Note that ArenaNet does not officially endorse this app, and I can’t guarantee it will work with our game, but if you do try it please let me know if it works!

I am using this app and have had no issues.

Char Warrior lvl 80 [NITE] [RO] NSP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I use Google Authenticator

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Next

Thanks for the confirmation, Smokey. Our web team is working on getting everything tested and getting the link updated. Thanks to Ridik for letting us know about the problem, too!

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

I use Google Authenticator

Which, apparently, is no longer available for Windows Mobile. Thus Ridik’s problem.

Previous

GM Awesomeness

Self Help Administrator

Bumping to let y’all know the link has been updated. Thanks to everyone who pointed out the problem and helped us test!