No Chests after Dragon Kills

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: CyberneticRanger.9170

CyberneticRanger.9170

Have been playing GW2 since release, have killed lots of dragons from various levels on my 11 characters. Only a few times has the game not given a chest drop for my characters, ever, until tonight.

Right after this fast patch that gave us a 1 hour warning and it came in within 15 minutes. Patched, came back, and noticed that in Hoebrek NPC’s torsos would vanish at various angles, if they wore dark blue clothing. Only mentioning that if there is a connection.

Shortly after the patch my ranger was called to Claw of Jormag fight by friends. Helped put down the walls twice, (yes, white damage numbers seen the whole time). CoJ went over to the second phase where I helped to take the dragon down. Only was taken down twice due to latency issues and not being able to drop a healing well.
My daily had finished and accepted the rewards right as the chest would normally spawn. Received the Gold completion reward. But… there was no chest. Could see players around the area linking their loot, but I could not see a chest.
Went up there, still no chest or Search icon.

Logged out. Did a repair run “Z:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe -repair”. Logged back in and was greeting with menacing ice wurms, yet no chest.

Later in the evening had reset the router, did a complete computer shut down, restarted, and ran the repair once again.

Logged back in, and shortly The Shatterer has spawned. Switched over to my mesmer. Latency was higher than usual, especially for this time of the night, but I was doing damage and seen white damage numbers.
Gold the gold reward completion, but yet again NO CHEST. Twice in the same night! That has NEVER happened before.

So what in tarnation is going on here?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I know they changed it so if u already got a chest from a dragon, u wont get a second from the same one that day. Beyond that, i have no clue

CyberneticRanger.9170

Read that after you mentioned it. Arena Net must have some odd hours as haven’t killed either dragon today till those two times, and neither gave a chest.

This is a rather stupid change. Now players won’t want to show up if they get no rewards for it. Good way to kill an enjoyable part of the game.
Not everyone enjoys PvP/WvW or trying to find story only groups for dungeons. About everyone and their pet Asuran just wants to farm. Good luck finding a Story group, least on jade Quarry. Especially late at night.

Thanks for the reply, Randulf. Much appreciated.

Posted by: Harain.9137

Harain.9137

actually, lots of ppl were saying they got 3+ times the same dragon chest today, so not sure if they actually implemented that. Unless the new build resets it…

CyberneticRanger.9170

If the Big Boss Chests was changed to ‘one chest per boss, per day, per character’ that would be far more acceptable.

This would generate interest for players to create more characters. 800 gems per character, that’s $10 US Gem Store.

Not sure what the character slot limit is in Guild Wars 2, have 11 at the present time. Thought about adding the Sylvari back again… to have something different.
Also wished we could create and save character templates. Annoying to get to near creation only to be disconnected, or if you want to change that character’s class and would want to save its current customization -without- going through it again.

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

this is a fix for the horrible performance the game gets in large player count battles.

discourage people from joining the battle, less people means less lagg/fps issues=problem solved!!!!(why fix the actual problem when you can just make it less noticeable?)

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x