No animations and load times

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Disclaimer: These two things may seem independent but when one happens they both happen.

For a while now (its gotten worse since HoT) I’ve had load time issues with GW2 exclusively. Occasionally I’ll also have a hard cap of 5-10 fps regardless of settings and with nothing else running. Lately, since release of HoT, I’ve been having issues with certain skills not animating, most notably dragonhunter traps/hunters ward, herald skills + the glowing orb below, but not the active facets that glows and tempest over loads. Wells (chrono or necro) are also an issue sometimes. The load times for me vary on the same map (Heart of the Mists for consistency) from 23s upwards to 15 minutes with no background applications.

This seems to be an issue local to my computer, since I don’t know anyone else with this issue, so info will be below. If anyone has any recommendations or similar issues, feel free to share.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 4300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 6004, 4/2/2013
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Aside I got 1TB, 273GB free

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Delete your local.dat file and check if that helps.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.