No legacy access!!

No legacy access!!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aquarius.7948

Aquarius.7948

Hey, I bought and completed both Nightfall and Factions as well as Prophesies.. But i am being left out because I din’t buy eye of the north!! That is incredibly unfair! I would like Anet to rectify this situation immediately and enable heritage access to those who had original GW characters from the game and other expansions.

A better World is possible.

No legacy access!!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Not possible, as the connecting factor is the Hall of Monuments. You still get 3 points just for linking, but without your accomplishments being registered there you can’t receive credit.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

No legacy access!!

Aquarius.7948

That is not something that can’t be changed. It isn’t reasonable this long after to tell me I need to go buy another expansion pack in a game that’s barely active anymore.

No legacy access!!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It wouldn’t be reasonable to change the implementation after so many people have followed the rules and purchased the required games (EotN and one other campaign), either, would it?

We all worked hard to get our rewards, and enjoyed the Campaigns and Expansion. If you do not want to finish the required steps, at least you got the enjoyment out of the 3 Campaigns. =)

Good luck.

No legacy access!!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

This site will fix your inability to get the rewards. http://www.guildwars.com/products/eyeofthenorth/

No legacy access!!

Aquarius.7948

I don’t like being hit up -.- I already put money into the Black lion Gems… I have bought all 3 campaigns and played the original game for quite a while. Legacy benefits should be available to all legacy accounts! It takes nothing away from those who bought EotN … It isn’t unfair to them at all. It’s Dishonest in a way to those like me.. who ARE LEGACY ACCOUNTS!! to be told you need to shell out another 20 dollars for a game that’s 5 years old and hardly active anymore. Its not a reasonable demand.

No legacy access!!

Aquarius.7948

I am disappointed…seriously disappointed… to read such condescending replies.

No legacy access!!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The method of obtaining HoM rewards has been published and pretty widely-known since March 21, 2007. That’s more than 7 years. It’s always best to research goods before purchasing or investing a lot of time into them.

Sorry you misunderstood, but if you truly want the HoM rewards, you can probably pick up a copy of Eye of the North for very little (since it is so old and inactive, as you say).

Good luck.

No legacy access!!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The game is still running but it’s not their source of money anymore. They don’t do big updates on the game any more, just bug fixes and balancing.They are not going to go through the work necessary and the costs in payroll to redo the game so that people can get the HoM differently. That would be a lot of work and money since the EOTN and the rewards are so tied together. This means you will only ever be able to get the rewards by buying EOTN and doing the requirements. If people no longer get the HoM rewards, it doesn’t matter to them since the game is next to abandoned.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

No legacy access!!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This isn’t an “Account Issue”, and this thread will be closed tomorrow.

I suggest that you go out and buy EOTN. It’s an excellent addition to attach to your GW1 account. Once you finish the GW1 storyline that gives you access to your Hall of Monuments, then you can link your GW1 to your GW2 account,.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

No legacy access!!

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

I am disappointed…seriously disappointed… to read such condescending replies.

Nobody has been condescending. You want something that isn’t going to happen. They were very honest about what is required and they AREN’T going to change the way they set up the rewards. End of story.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

No legacy access!!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I don’t like being hit up -.- I already put money into the Black lion Gems… I have bought all 3 campaigns and played the original game for quite a while. Legacy benefits should be available to all legacy accounts! It takes nothing away from those who bought EotN … It isn’t unfair to them at all. It’s Dishonest in a way to those like me.. who ARE LEGACY ACCOUNTS!! to be told you need to shell out another 20 dollars for a game that’s 5 years old and hardly active anymore. Its not a reasonable demand.

While I can see your (very negative, BTW) point of view, as stated above, this was NEVER hidden or dishonestly represented by Anet. They were quite clear about EotN being the method that GW2 bonus rewards would be made available to players in GW2. Your demanding attitude that this should change nearly 5 years later is quite unreasonable.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances