Non-English background player.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

Q:

Hi Anet

I got a friend she is from HK want to play guild war2 with me , However she is non english background. is it possible:

To buy a chinese version’s copy installed to her PC. and use English cdkey to activate? or any other way to do it?

thanks

JUN YANG.4328

Hi Guys

my friend from HK want to play gw2 with me, but she dont know english that much . is it possible she buy a chinese version installed and use english cdkey instead.

Thanks

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no way to do that. You can read more about it in the Knowledge Base, I believe.

Top of Page – Support

Good luck.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You already asked this in another sub-forum, and the answer is no, it is not possible.

JUN YANG.4328

are you anet staff? or are you chinese?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol. Suit yourself, but the question has been asked before, and the answer is still no.

If you so desire, you can google it.

Good luck.

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Lol. Suit yourself, but the question has been asked before, and the answer is still no.

If you so desire, you can google it.

Good luck.

Some people you just can’t reason it.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

As Inculpatus said, the Chinese client is separate from the NA/EU client. It is handled by a different company named KongZhong, as non Chinese MMORPG companies are not allowed to directly have a business in China but must go through a Chinese company.

The Chinese client will not allow someone who has a Chinese version to play on a NA/EU version. They are completely separate in their player base and in the trading post.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

JUN YANG.4328

Thanks for answered my question “Just a flesh wound”. you are here for help.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Can-Chinese-players-get-onto-an-NA-EU-server

Are you playing on an NA or EU server? If so, your friend can buy an NA or EU version and play with you on one of those servers, or she can get a Chinese client and play without you on a Chinese server. It is not possible to play with a Chinese client on an NA or EU server; you have to buy an international version, but you won’t have the game in Chinese. The clients are so different, it is not possible to combine these two options.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze