<--- Not My Account Name

<--- Not My Account Name

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hsigo.1403

Hsigo.1403

My account name has been changed from Chentally Mallenged.2867 to Someone called Medal Glen.4187 Please help me I am freaking out here

(edited by Hsigo.1403)

<--- Not My Account Name

Hsigo.1403

Going to bed now left my game on with my character autorunning into a wall in Divinitys Reach. Just in case. I figure that if I am logged on noone can log on in my place.

<--- Not My Account Name

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

1) You had an inappropriate name. Most of us can see what you’re doing.
2) You’re currently botting in game, which will lead to a ban.
3) Someone can still log into your account and kick you off, even if you’re online.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

<--- Not My Account Name

Hsigo.1403

@ smooth Penguin
1)with innapprpriate names they give you a temp ban and ask you to pick another name. And what am I doing?
2)Autorunnning is not botting. Hit the R button on your keyboard while ingame. It will cause your character to “RUN!” and it will not stop running til you click the screen.

<--- Not My Account Name

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

HI everyone,

Medal Glen, as stated by smooth penguin the most plausible reason is that your character name was unappropriate. After all none but the team can change it.

However, if you are not sure, pleas contact support http://en.support.guildwars2.com/ and explain your situation. They will be able to give you an answer.

Thanks for your understanding

<--- Not My Account Name

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

The name was reported and determined to be potentially offensive. It was changed by an agent because it was visible in the forums and might cause other forum members distress. (I understand that you might disagree, but my friend with a Down’s Syndrome child does not take lightly when someone laughingly calls another person the “r” word.)

We all need to be sensitive to the fact that players come from all around the world: different ages, cultures, beliefs, sexes, and personal situations. That’s why we disallow names that poke fun at disabled people of all kinds.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)