Nvidia GeForce 560 GTX Ti - Any Experience?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Blessed.6039

Blessed.6039

Q:

Hey Guys.
I am really wondering about my fps drops in Guildwars 2.

I’ve got an geforce 560 gtx ti, 8gb ram, 4x 3,2GHz proc., playing on 1920×1080 solution (some stuff on middle, some stuff on high).

Is it only for me having fps problems?
Cause currently the game is running with 30 fps in a area without people which is pretty strange, running every game on max. like battlefied 3 / crysis 2 and works fine (60fps).

Any ideas?

Posted by: Tjynde.1604

Tjynde.1604

Did you update the GFX driver to the beta drivers?
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

Best regards
Tjynde

Posted by: Blessed.6039

Blessed.6039

Yes, got that beta-driver.

Posted by: Bigstink.4072

Bigstink.4072

I just considered it normal. I am using the 560ti, 8 gb ram, and the i5 2500k 3.7ghz.

With the settings on Best appearance I get about 60 fps until I get around other people and I drop down to 25-35 Fps even lower in some larger battles. I have never had that good of FPS in Battlefield either and always had to turn it down a bit.

Posted by: Tjynde.1604

Tjynde.1604

It seems a bit strange, since it occurs in non crowded areas. Try update your chipset, motherboard etc, I have no idea if it works, but it’s worth a try.
Also try disabling high res textures and set the character animation to low. They seems to make some weird problems for some people.

Best regards
Tjynde

Posted by: AdrianEvans.1629

AdrianEvans.1629

If you are using 306.02 drivers try 304.79 or 305.67 instead.

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I have a very similar setup.

Asus Extreme II MB
2.66ghz i7 that is OCed to 3.4ghz
GTX560
12GB of DDR3 (tri channel)

I am running at 1680×1050

System is up to date and I have tried both of the most recent beta drivers. I have a mixture of high and low settings. I turn down post processing effects and shadows. The moment I get around a group of people and the FPS is down to 30. The moment I hit up WvW and the FPS is between 15 and 20.

While my system is not state of the art, it is still a monster compared to most out there. Something is up with this game and how it functions. Often GPUs are not being fully utilized and the system bashed the CPU pretty hard. Performance is one of the biggest disappointments of this title.

Posted by: Larosh.1605

Larosh.1605

I have an overclocked 560 Ti GPU with an i5 3570K CPU and 8gb of RAM and I can run the game on ultra high details except FXAA at Full HD resolution (1920×1080) at around 8o fps.
So fast that I had to activate VSYNC to limit the heat…

In case you want to try, I’m using the unofficially released v305 beta drivers found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/devzone/opengl-driver-4.3.html
but I think I had almost the same performance with the v304 drivers.

Oh, not sure if it matters in this case, but I also installed the game on an SSD drive.