Nvidia Windows 10 Beta driver users.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

DO NOT upgrade to the most recent update, it will tank your pc performance in and out of game.

A few forums suggest they are working on a fix for the resource hogging.

Thought i would let people know.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I tried just about every driver. With no luck.

I can’t even use windows 7 or 8 because my computer comes with windows 10 and I can’t downgrade.

I’m currently using driver 347.88. Some people suggest it is a bit more stable than the other release. I still get fps problem time to time, but usually if I relog a few times, I’ll get lucky and get good fps.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes I’m holding off updating any new drivers for Nvidia atm. The last two have been a mess

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Just went to Windows 10. Did a clean install and used the Nvidia drivers from Dell based on version 353.62. And the fps is utter crap. I turn everything to low and maybe I’m getting 15 fps.

In Window 8.1, I was always above 40 fps with everything turned on.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Just went to Windows 10. Did a clean install and used the Nvidia drivers from Dell based on version 353.62. And the fps is utter crap. I turn everything to low and maybe I’m getting 15 fps.

In Window 8.1, I was always above 40 fps with everything turned on.

Try the driver before that one. 353.62 has caused a few issues, esp with W10

laokoko.7403

Below is the driver I tried. I even tried windows 8 driver, but it still won’t work.

Aug 13, 2015

Jul 29, 2015

mar 17, 2015

feb 24, 2015

dec 23, 2014

347.52(??)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont notice any difference with the new drivers, work as usual.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Vargr Vanir.5794

Vargr Vanir.5794

I am using 355.60 with no issues now. Right after upgrade (day of release) I had an issue with game ground textures, but doing an archive validation run fixed this for me.

Using GTX 770 at 1920 × 1080 with max settings on all options and still getting 60 frames under all conditions and no stutter.

If you upgraded try the clean install on the drivers (uninstall and re-installs after reboot). This fixes a lot of issues from upgrades from any of the moves from a previous OS version like Windows XP x64 =>Vista X64=>Windows 7 => Windows 8 => Windows 8.1 => Windows 10

If you did a drive image to new drive/hardware one or more times also use DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES to see if you have a video card that you have replaced or or other non-existant hardware that windows thinks might come back and has sitting there. See here for more: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/315539

laokoko.7403

I think there’s some problem with Nvidia card running on windows10. Not all cards, but some do.

For example, there’s only complain on Nvidia cards and not AMD. Eventhough Nvidia have like 65% market share now. And people only complain about the new drivers for windows 10, not the same drivers which is used on windows 7 or 8.

And for me the problem isn’t a constant low fps. My problem is the fps is low only “sometimes” after I login, and stays low until I logout. Which is most likely a vram usage or memory leak issue. I think some other people have express the same thing.

I dont’ think it is fixable on our end. If you check Nvidia forum, there’s heated complain about there new drivers. And most of the complain is on windows 10. Eventhough there’s always complain on Nvidia forum, it is pretty heated lately.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: SirSchilly.3819

SirSchilly.3819

GPU: GeForce GTX 980
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5820K CPU
Memory: 16.00 GB RAM
Current Resolution: 1920 × 1080, 60Hz
Driver version: 355.60
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Am getting ~5-20 fps regardless of in-game settings (best performance, or best appearance, doesn’t make a difference). All windows updates have been installed. Tried the stickied post suggestions for low fps on PC. The game is unplayable at this point.

Please, any suggestions?

EDIT: fixed. Getting 80 fps now with everything on. Was a hardware issue with the Bus Interface.

(edited by SirSchilly.3819)

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

i7 4790k @ 4.5 GHZ (I really CBA with voltage fiddling for slightly higher OC)
Corsair vengeance 16GB ram @ 1.6GHZ
Gigabyte Z97 gaming 7 mother board
MSI GTX 980 TI
Corsair HX 1000i platinum rated 1000W PSU (92% efficient)
Thermaltake MK1 chaser full tower case
Coolermaster 212 Evo CPU cooler with push pull config
2x Sandisk 240GB SSD (one for windows one for mmos)
2g 1TB HDD for other games / video recording

zero issues at all with my game and I use driver version 353.62

then again I updated all my drivers FOR all my hardware with win 10 drivers so there is not any issue at all my end.

and yes I am using windows 10

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

SlimChance.6593

I’m out of ideas.

i7-4700MQ @2.4GHz with 16 GB ram
Alienware 17 laptop with Intel HD4600/nVidia 780M graphics cards.

I went back and did clean install to Win8.1 Pro(64 bit)>upgrade to Win 10 Pro (64 bit)

I’ve installed all the Dell Win10 drivers and Guild Wars still has terrible framerate. Grab the latest graphic drivers from both nVidia & Intel.

I’ve gone into the nVidia control panel and setup the GW2.exe runs on the nVidia GPU. Game launches and on the character select screen, I show 60fps. Go into game fps doesn’t go above 10fps. ALSO, maps taking FOREVER to load. Easily 2-3 times longer than Win 8.1.

Other weirdness.
Win 10 in general is just very sluggish. I launch an application and its 4-6 seconds before I even notice the app launched.
Installed Dragon Age Inquisition, Dishonored and the original STALKER game and jumped into the games. All 3 seemed to have no issue at all. (Just seems to take a little longer to launch the game. But once in game, everything is great.)

Made a post on the Microsoft’s community forums, so we’ll see. I’m out of ideas.

Posted by: Misa.6908

Misa.6908

Works fine for me so far ^^

Posted by: AnClar.1304

AnClar.1304

For whatever reasons, my rig is working OK…

Intel 1st gen Core i7 975 @3.33GHz
24GB DDR3 RAM
1TB Samsung 850 SSD
Corsair 850W Platinum PSU
nVidia/EVGA GTX 970 FTW
nVidia driver 355.60
Win 10 Pro
AOC 2460G4 monitor @144Hz
nVidia control panel non-default settings: Global: single-monitor performance mode, GW2: power mgmt: prefer maximum performance
screen res: 1920×1080 @144Hz
GW2 graphics: all settings maxed

With this setup, I get mostly 60fps and above with occasional drops into the 40s but that’s the lowest I’ve seen.

I also run Witcher 3 at max settings and get decent frame rates…mostly above 60fps.

(edited by AnClar.1304)

SlimChance.6593

Just verified that GW2.exe is running on the Nvidia card when the game launches. Still unplayable FPS under Win10. (ping shows under 100ms)

I’ve set GW2.exe to run as administrator and for Win 8/7 compatibility and still terrible framerates.

All other games I’ve tried seem to be running with no issue.