OSX Mavericks

OSX Mavericks

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: akcsl.8501

akcsl.8501

I’ve just updated my MacBook to OSX Mavericks and now GW2 won’t run on my MacBook. It works ok on my PC but just crashes on my MacBook. I can’t log into any of my accounts.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Haven’t had any issues (had a “unexpectedly quit” error after I logged out to desktop the first time but that happens occasionally). What specific crash are you getting?

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I’m using rMBP2012. Just updated Mavericks and GW2 runs okay.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

I’m definitely seeing some improvement. Tested it mainly in LA. Standing on the fountain for example, when the water fountain sprouts water in the air it caused a frame drop. (just higher particle effects so this is not a specific example) It went from 32 fps to about 22 before. Now it doesn’t go below 29. Also the overall feel of turning the camera is better. And the ‘tiles’ thing, where you see tearing in textures sometimes seems to be solved.

(edited by Kioshi.6597)

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

Oke never mind about the tiles. They are still there!

Attachments:

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: alevans.9327

alevans.9327

Yeh i’m having the same problem. When I launch it crashes before the launcher appears.

Macbook Pro 15 inch (Late 2012)
2.6ghz Intel i7
Nvidia Geforce GT 650M 1gb RAM
OS X 10.9 (13A603)
Hi – Rez 1680×1050 Display
750gb HDD @7500
8gb Ram (4gb x2)

OSX Mavericks

alevans.9327

Just had a support ticket reply from Kenda. At the moment GW2 doesnt support Mavericks and there isnt an eta on when a new build will be available as of yet. Shouldn’t worry though because Mavericks hasn’t been out long so it would be foolish to expect there to be a 100% working build straight away.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Marax.2465

Marax.2465

I updated to OSX Mavericks and the game is running flawless.
Mid. 2012
650M
8gb Ram
2.3 pent.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Dimalit.7543

Dimalit.7543

Seems that OSX Mavericks removed crashing problem. Earlier, as an iMac owner, I crashed every time 10 or more people were around – only turning all settings on lowest helped a bit. Now game is running flawless on max graphics, no crashes in WvW during the evening. All in all, i am very happy

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Marax.2465

Marax.2465

same here Dimalit I’m in wvw almost max settings

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: dag.1397

dag.1397

Actually it also seems to run better for me. I am still unable to select the best settings (high res textures for example) but it works better. I’d say about 5-10 FPS more on 1920×1080 reaching about 30fps average now.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: jwcastelli.2653

jwcastelli.2653

I have been hesitant to upgrade, waiting to hear other’s experience.
I play on:
mid 2012 Macbook pro 13"
OS 10.8.5
2.9 GHz intel core i7
8 GB 1600Mhz ddr3
Intel HD graphics 4000 512 MB (weak link)

I usually play on minimal setting and wow does this thing get hot (210 f).

Anyone running Guild Wars 2 Mavericks on a similar computer?? I worry that the people reporting success all have nvidia cards.

Akcsl – what are the specs for your machine and are you still having problems?

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

Does GW2 use Java in any way shape or form? If so, there was an update released a bit ago that may help the problem. I haven’t installed Mavericks, yet, and have been waiting on the “all clear” before I do. Looks like it works great for most, though.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

mid2012 rMBP 15inch.
Seems like I’m getting a slight increase in performance running gw2 after the upgrade to Mavricks. Framerate doesn’t drop nearly as much as before at high activity zones.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Just had a support ticket reply from Kenda. At the moment GW2 doesnt support Mavericks and there isnt an eta on when a new build will be available as of yet. Shouldn’t worry though because Mavericks hasn’t been out long so it would be foolish to expect there to be a 100% working build straight away.

Apple (and other OS companies) release developer versions of their OS months before public release for these exact reasons. Looks like Mavericks has had developer previews out since June 10. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS_X_Mavericks)

In response to this bug:
I upgraded and GW2 works the same as it always has. at least nothing noticeably different. I have a Mac Pro from 2011 (looks like the only non-laptap around here)

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: jwcastelli.2653

jwcastelli.2653

So the upgrade went smoothly and GW2 plays just fine on the Mac Beta with Maverick on my MBP mid 2012. Not really sure if I am seeing any improved performance yet as I haven’t had a chance to get in the thick of things.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: evngln.5328

evngln.5328

Anyone else trying to run gw2 on dual screens and still getting the 2nd screen black out when in Full screen ?

BTW running on Mavericks on imac working fine other than unable to use my dual monitor set up

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Anyone else trying to run gw2 on dual screens and still getting the 2nd screen black out when in Full screen ?

BTW running on Mavericks on imac working fine other than unable to use my dual monitor set up

It is not a native app – the OS doesn’t know HOW to run it in dual monitor…

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Hillomunkki.8564

Hillomunkki.8564

No issues at all here. And I actually had slight performance boost compared to Mountain Lion.

On Mavericks my MacBook Pro runs the game on highest possible settings pretty much between 40-50fps. While on Mountain Lion I had fps between 35-45.

I consider that a nice boost in performance.

OSX Mavericks

alevans.9327

Ok guys my GW2 is working now. Turns out all I had to do was app zap GW2 and do a fresh install. I have had to do this with a few apps like Logic Pro 9 and the Universal Control app for my Presonus Firestudio’s.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Rilstori.5091

Rilstori.5091

I have had the developer preview running for some time and it was working fine until recently. It looks like the crash that I am having is related to NSApplicationPresentationFullScreen not finding a fullscreen window.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Yaleesa.8019

Yaleesa.8019

I made it work! if you put your safari (or other app) on full screen in your second screen. And then put your guild wars in full screen mode. you can use both screens now

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Actually it also seems to run better for me. I am still unable to select the best settings (high res textures for example) but it works better. I’d say about 5-10 FPS more on 1920×1080 reaching about 30fps average now.

We’ll never get high res textures because cider is “pretending” to be 32 bit windows (64 bit windows is required). Yes, I’m not technically 100% correct with my wording, so sue me.

As far as Java, I’m pretty sure Guild Wars 2 has nothing to do with Java.

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Jhishma.4516

Jhishma.4516

I open gw2 launcher fine and I can log in, but then it opens a new window about twice the size of the launcher window. The new window is blank and stays blank and that’s it – the game won’t get any further than that. I reinstalled the game client (very long and tedious), but it didn’t change a thing. The game still won’t start. Anyone have any suggestions?

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: TwistedTam.8310

TwistedTam.8310

any word on if this is working yet?still have not updated to mavericks as im waiting to see if its running smoothly for all

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: J Season.9156

J Season.9156

Runs on both my Macs with Mavericks.

Baumchen

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

TwistedTam, considering there has been no major update to the client I would expect that the issues people are experiencing with Mavericks are still there.
J Season, yeah it runs, but there are a lot of people reporting that the client updates every single time they open it amongst other issues, so yeah not ideal.

OSX Mavericks

TwistedTam.8310

Alright thanx.just gonna leave it so long until its confirmed working 100%

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Odesseus.1472

Odesseus.1472

Works fine with Mavericks for me. I’m all updated with the latest build, as well. I have a 2009 27" iMac w/8gb ram, so nothing horribly special. Other than a very occasional spinning-mouse or stuck-running issue, it’s very playable. I have not played WvW or PvP (I’m scared of both from my exp. in other games), but in very busy areas, such as Lion’s Arch, it can get a tinny bit jerky, but nothing horrible.

Dual screen is still iffy. Windowed mode causes issues with resolution, and if it’s full screen, I can access the secondary screen but GW2 usually refuses to release the mouse.

One other weird issue I have is if I don’t set GW2 to use headphones before I start the launcher, it refuses to swap over to headphones unless I unplug the ext. speakers.

Other than that, works fine for me.

OSX Mavericks

TwistedTam.8310

Wanted to update that i upgraded to Mavericks and gw’s is still working fine for me.no problems whatsoever.good luck if you try it

OSX Mavericks

Posted by: Scuba Michael.3169

Scuba Michael.3169

I’m having the same problem as Jhishma. I didn’t see a response with any guidance. I’m hoping that I’ll get some. What’s frustrating is that it was working just fine on my Macbook, but now it won’t get past the blank screen. (after the loading screen). Help please.