Oceanic servers

Oceanic servers

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TinyGoliath.3187

TinyGoliath.3187

Personally I think people in Australia/oceanic need to have a dedicated server to play on because the amounts of ping/latency we have compared to other players in some cases is a lot higher and makes the game really annoying and sometimes so delayed that it makes the game unplayable. I have a good internet connection but the fact that we have to bounce off european servers or american servers just to play is a little annoying and when you are constantly at 200-550 ping it does start to get really irretating. This is just a suggestion that I personally think would benefit oceanic players and would make the game more enjoyable. pls no h8.

Oceanic servers

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

Sea of Sorrow is aussie based

Oceanic servers

Posted by: daedalus.9814

daedalus.9814

All NA servers are based in Texas and EU in germany. NA has the lower ping to Australia still very high.
Their probably isnt enough players for them to justfity spending money on inftrastruture in AU/NZ/SEA region which is sad.
Even a local CDN is pretty expensive so don’t hold your breath.

Oceanic servers

TinyGoliath.3187

kind of a shame really sea of sorrows is full even if they just tried to improve connectivity for people in Australia somehow atm I can’t even play I logged in and heaps of people are saying they have over 2000 ping.

Oceanic servers

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

I’m playing from New Zealand and on JQ server. Ping is definitely an issue especially in pvp and wvw. Latency in excess of 2000ms and up to 4600ms this week just ruins the experience. Who wants to die all the time because of latency?

Oceanic servers

TinyGoliath.3187

exactly but because of our small player base I don’t see them investing some form of change for people like us seeing as it would be too costly and not beneficial for ArenaNet guess we will just have to put it up with it some how.

Oceanic servers

Posted by: chris.9142

chris.9142

Tried to improve the connectivity?
ERM how do you propose they do that? Pay to install more intercontinental fibre optic cable

I5-4670k @4.2Ghz – 8Gb 2133mhz Gskill
Msi Z87 Gaming Board AMD R9 270x
-crucial 256 M500 SSD -Samsung 500Gb HDD

Oceanic servers

TinyGoliath.3187

Like I said it was all just a suggestion no need to get your jimmies rustled.

Oceanic servers

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

The best you may be hoping for is if NcSoft opens up servers in S Korea but so fare there has been no indication that they plan to do this.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Oceanic servers

TinyGoliath.3187

all I want is some improved connectivity in some way you can’t play at 400+ms.