Oceanics! Do you experience this?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

In this game, I lag immensely. It’s not FPS drops, it’s pretty much CRAZY rubberbanding. It happens EVERYWHERE but it’s really annoying because it only starts going crazy when I get into combat. For example, I play a thief where positioning yourself properly is really important. I can be literally standing 1mm behind enemies and my backstabs won’t hit, most times I’ll be behind someone then rubber band away from them then back again.

Not to mention the 1-2sec input delay I get regardless of where I am, is it just NZ/Aus that gets this problem? I’m on the fastest internet plan there is here, which is pretty pathetic how slow it is :\

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’ve only been suffering a very minor amount of lag since the last patch. Before then it’s been the most lag-free mmo experience I’ve ever had. Beats the hell out of what I had to play through n DDO.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’ve only been suffering a very minor amount of lag since the last patch. Before then it’s been the most lag-free mmo experience I’ve ever had. Beats the hell out of what I had to play through n DDO.

Yeah I used to have a 100% lag free experience with GW2 until after the SAB update, ever since then I’ve been lagging like crazy and have been barely playing. I even try to play with Best Performance preset, it doesn’t help much.

zenleto.6179

I don’t think it’s just us. There was a thread a few days by guy who was suffering the same thin as you. Or was it you? Either way, whatever is happening absolutely sucks for you. Hope it gets rectified soon.

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

Hey Kaizer,

I don’t know if this will help you or not but when I played Aion and WoW I had to pay an extra $5 per month for a thing called Battleping which tunnels through to different switches to get you a better connection to the game’s servers. I don’t know if this supports GW2 or not but the difference with both of those games was significant – I experienced no lag in either game with Battleping. I normally use ADSL 2 and I’m on a plan with Dodo. I live in Toowoomba and my connection is very stable with GW2, I don’t have any rubber banding. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your network adapter as well.

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m in Australia and since the last patch I’ve had some bad rubberbanding, particularly when jumping down onto something. Sometimes I"ll have to jump three or four times to actually be where I’m trying to go.

The first place I noticed this was the borderlands jumping puzzle in WvW.

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Also from Australia, but I don’t see the rubber-banding that you are referring to. I know the concept, but it isn’t happening to me.

On the flip side, what I do see from lag is perhaps more annoying!

My main is an elementalist usually with scepter/dagger, so unfortunately the vast majority of attack skills are ranged long-animation attacks. SOO many times, I have clicked an enemy and used a skill, they are ‘selected’ at the top of my screen, but god kitten it the stream of lightning or stone daggers go flying off in a stupid direction to whatever my last target may or may not have been. It can put me into very unwanted positions at times. It’s so freakin annoying!

I assume from a technical point, when I click a target it must send that packet to the server which then informs the client back that I now have the new target selected. Whereas when I press 1-4 it must inform the server that I am ‘attacking selected target’. The problem being, if my ‘selected’ target as according to the client isn’t updated until it gets it back from the server, then pressing 1-4 before the client receives the new target back will still attack my old target!

Sure I can click, wait 1-2 seconds, then attack.. but kitten if that isn’t hard to do when you are in a tough situation.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Icepick.5210

Icepick.5210

The rubberbanding while falling thing is definitely not an Oceanic only thing. I’ve been getting it pretty consistently on two different computers on two different internet providers since the last patch. I’m 4 hours (drive) from Seattle on a PST server.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

From Australia here also.

I’ve been getting massive rubber banding when jumping off cliffs…. i will jump and land, then when i try and move i get dropped over and over again. This severe rubber banding is only since the last patch.

Also get it in WvW and PvE on occasion… mobs will run through me sometimes as if they are unable to target me due to lag. Backstabs on my thief do miss despite me being behind them… i usually have to fire Backstab in anticipation of where the invader will be… something i learned in DAOC.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: Tauril.8504

Tauril.8504

I’m also having rubberbanding on falls since the last patch, and I live in France so it’s definitely not a oceanic-only thing.

I also got some small periods of lag, but I don’t particularily trust my internet connexion so it may come from Anet just as well as from me.

Also, but I don’t think it has to do with lag, since the last patch it seems dodges will queue when interrupted. For instance if I get immobilized when I begin a dodge (which, in fact, shouldn’t happen right ? the dodge should evade the immobilize so I suspect this is where lag plays a role) I will automatically dodge once the immobilize ends. It also happen on rezzed.
This can cause a few accidents. For instance a friend of mine got downed right on the edge of the boss platform in the new Flame and Frost dungeon. When I rezzed him, he automatically dodged and ended up falling off the platform. I believe this was because he got killed while dodging and because the queued dodge apparently only goes backward and the downed state probably repositionned him so that he faced the boss at the center of the platform. So the game made him dodge-roll into the void.

(edited by Tauril.8504)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Yes Aussie here too, yes i’ve been suffering lag, slow skill times and rubber banding on and off for 6-8 months give or take…

When the game opened its was smooth and great but just went terribly down hill from there, seems to have gotten so bad and disconnections are common place with our whole guild no one even thinks twice its just normal now..

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Many peeps in the US and EU are having similar issues.

You can try this to test the connection to the server and possibly see where the issue is.

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9245

You can try disabling your anti-virus and firewalls (including those on routers/modems), or make exceptions for the game.

I think I’ve seen a dev recommend running msconfig and disabling some startup programs. (you can re-enable them if they aren’t causing an issue for you)

You can also try this to help the connection, use the error code 7.x:

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994

I personally use QoS with high priority rather than port forwarding, but it shows the important ports.

If these things don’t help, check the submit a ticket sticky and do so. Then post your fix here.

zenleto.6179

Well, since today’s new build I’m now experiencing the rubber banding on jumping/falling down a cliff.