Official response on the Lag issues please?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Marcontian.1879

Marcontian.1879

I’m having issues as well, and looking through the information posted already. It seems to die right near the servers. Certainly needs aggressive resolution.

Posted by: Mortymoose.8672

Mortymoose.8672

Been getting progressively worse over the last month for me. It’s now to the point I can’t even change directions while moving. I have to stop, turn, move, turn again, move and finally turn again till I’m headed in the right direction.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

It is brutal.
I was in the middle of doing ALL of my guild missions and then I get the continuous loading screens.
I did a check and I am losing packets near Anet servers as well as Anet themselves.
When ingame, messages would take almost a minute sometimes to show.

It would be a GREAT idea for Anet to insert a ping monitor (remember when we had that in GW1…boy it was great!).

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t have an ETA for any kind of status update.

You don’t have an ETA for a status update? I can understand not having one for a solution at this time but surely it should be possible to find out when the person responsible for this will get around to at least beginning to investigate the problem and can give us some further information?

Are your software engineers busy doing non-software engineer things? Is someone actively looking at this issue at all?

Edit: for me, like others, the lag is map based, on Ring of Fire last night in both Diessa Plateau and Bloodtide Coast it was a nightmare with 5+ second lag spikes while in Plains of Ashford and Fields of Ruin it was fine.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

1600 views.. I don’t want to even login and try now lol, this fix will take 1 month more probably, if they fix it all. I mean skill lag in wvw is here since months, this issue will take more time, considering that it affects less people. Whatever Anet, at least my gpu didn’t burn yet, thx.

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

Anet have how many programmers, employees? Create a team of bug fixers that sort this sort of problem ASAP, instead your team is no doubt sorting bugs with the kitten dragon bash?

OK that might take preference as it effects the majority over the minority, but we are still here!!!

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Demorgoth.1205

Demorgoth.1205

Why am I fine with most 50+ character zergs in WvW, or 40+ characters spamming attacks on a world event boss, yet a lot of the time I even start a pvp instance like Dragon Bash, Keg Brawl, or sPVP matches there is instant crippling lag, rubberbanding, freezing for long periods, and even complete disconnects? Then when I leave those specifically pvp-related instances I’m back to having no lag problems at all?

Please don’t feed me the ‘ISP’ line or suggest I turn my computer off and then on again. It’s specific to small pvp instances, and as such it means dailies and Dragon Bash achievements are massively difficult to struggle through, penalising whichever team I join and usually cause to lose because of my restricted participation.

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

no lag so far tonight fingers crossed

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

no lag so far tonight fingers crossed

Same

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

Posted by: AlexisRosewood.4210

AlexisRosewood.4210

I wish Blizzard would buy Guild Wars and fix it. A real company who cares about it’s customers.

Posted by: Demorgoth.1205

Demorgoth.1205

Going ok tonight too. Guess all our ISPs all around the world simultaneously fixed their problems

Posted by: Striker.4780

Striker.4780

I wish Blizzard would buy Guild Wars and fix it. A real company who cares about it’s customers.

WHAT?! Have you ever played Diablo III? It’s everything Guild Wars isn’t gameplay wise, they didn’t even get it to work right with eyefinity, had tons of lag issues, servers constantly going down. Makes the issues we are dealing with right now not quite so bad. The worst thing I have ever seen Blizzard do was edit the stats of items you own (they made them worse), that is one of the biggest no no’s I have ever seen a company do in a MMORPG / RPG game. Also you don’t need to dump your real money into the auction house to beat the game, Diablo was designed to suck your money into progression. Now if you are trying to compare “Blizzard” in general to the quality of Starcraft II, I will give you that, amazing game and excellent programming. But I would say the developers for Diablo would be put on Guild Wars if that were to happen.

i5-3570K@4.7GHz | MSI Z77A-GD65 | 8GB G.Skill @ 2133MHz | GTX 780@1215/1558
27" IPS LED 2560×1440 | Intel 520 240GB SSD | CM HAF XB Case | XFX ProSeries 1250W PSU
SB X-Fi Titanium HD | Monoprice Cherry MX Black | Logitech G9x

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

São Paulo, Brazil
ISP Ajato/Speedy

I’m not sure if I’m reading this Diag right but… it seems the packet loss is something big…

Just in case, is this something that ANet can fix?
It seems my connection is fine (for anything else besides GW2), my computer isn’t the issue either, and from what I could understand, the issue is in the path my connection takes to reach ANet’s server. If that’s the case, does this means I have nothing to do but wait until someone fix their servers, if they think it’s a problem?

Attachments:

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

I was having no lag, but it started later than normal, midway through a lupi fight ><

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Otrageous lag…GW2 completely unplayable..pls fix

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Game played perfectly fine since midday, crisp, not even a slight amount of excess ping, flawless – as soon as 8:30pm hit (40 minutes ago) – INSANE lag. Game isn’t even close to playable.

Same pattern every single day for the last 3 weeks. This needs a fix.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Volpare.8504

Volpare.8504

Please fix this. As several have stated – the game is quite literally becoming unplayable.

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Buenos Aires, Argentina

ISP: Fibertel

Attachments:

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Dalmore.1843

Dalmore.1843

Lag Started at around 8:30pm GMT tonight. WvW is unplayable on reset night.

Isp: Talk Talk
Server: Underworld

Attachments:

Dalmore Dharn, level 80 Thief,warrior,Ranger,Elementalist.
Co-Leader and Founder of GuM, UW server.

Posted by: strike.9248

strike.9248

Reset night and I’ve spent the past two hours trying to get through gates, pinging backwards for 5-6 minutes and being kicked off. Suffice to say, not spending a third hour doing it.

Unplayable. Please get some/more resources onto this. It will end up impacting your bottom line.

Frustrated, but living in hope!

Strike

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

As a quick look, I’d have to guess 1/3rd of the logs have no useful ping information, as their routers and/or isp block ping. This isn’t bad, just makes diagnostics difficult.

I keep seeing people saying ’Don’t tell me it’s isp when other games work fine, etc’ but that really doesn’t mean anything… With how the internet is set up, with the different paths data takes, 1 internet provider between point A and point B can wreak havoc with data, especially if their system is getting overloaded only at certain times. These issues, while not the fault of your isp’s nor Arena’s, are effectively beyond their control. They do monitor the servers, and if there is a lot of overload, they should easily be able to see that.

Depending on what is going on in a map, and how many people are there, whether immediately near you or not, the bandwidth usage of GW2 varies dramatically (this is likely to get far worse when culling is removed and is a big concern of mine because my isp is rather… awful), but especially when in combat. Take Tequatl. Everyone standing around waiting for it to spawn, little bandwidth usage. After Tequatl lands, bandwidth usage can increase 10 times, or more.

All it takes is for some of this information to be sent through a path that basically drops the ball, or is congested, and you will get “lag” and rubberbanding, even if the servers and your provider have no issues at all. It is definitely possible for it to effect a large number of people, and not be Arenanet servers nor your specific isp, and could still be an isp issue.

I do not believe they are going to ignore people with issues, and they will investigate, but keep in mind these things take time. And although they said they had plenty of logs at the moment, very few of those logs were while there were actual issues going on I think?

Unfortunately it will be a wait and see kind of thing. And it is likely that some of these issues are actually unrelated. Also, just because they make suggestions to try simple things, even ones you may consider stupid, and as much as it ticks me off… there are reasons why they ask you to try them, because sadly, some people really are dumb. They aren’t intending to treat you that way, but need to eliminate some of the more common.. well… issues.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What I see on screen:

My character stalls entering any tower or keep door in WvW. I run for about 30 seconds before I pop inside. With bigger zergs, I will often not even see the enemy and suddenly die.

Worst situation: I was running into Sunnyhill on WvW map, the lag started and I got through the gate and started to run up the stairs .. the game “reloaded” and put me in a virtual loop where I’d run to the base of Sunnyhill stairs, then suddenly pop back to the door and run up the stairs again over and over in this infinite loop for about two minutes. I hit the map and wp to get me out of the loop and it took about two minutes for it to register — until then i was doing that gate/stairs loop over and over.

I have never had this issue with lag so extreme until the most recent patch of game. I have been with the same ISP for two years now. Everything had “normal” lag prior — massive zerg, you get the lag, etc .. but now it appears to happen randomly and makes the game totally unplayable.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Phophet.8362

Phophet.8362

I’m following this topic since I bought GW2, because I have this problem since I bought it and saw that beyond anyone have an immediate solution to the problem also realized it would take to have something official, then went back, tried a few things in despair and I ended up finding a possible solution (at least I’m two days in a row without suffering any kind of connection lag in WvW or PVE)

I just went to Windows Firewall> Advanced Settings> Inbound Rules

then searched an item called’’ Guild Wars 2 Game Client’’ and saw that the firewall had blocked some connections this item

at and what I did was: Double Click on the locked item> Properties and where it was written’’ connection’’ blocked’’ just switched to allow connection’’

I did this on all items that were blocked with the connection and I’m playing with no lag so far

please note: I do not know if this is real or a temporary solution, I’m just trying to find a solution as well as all who are experiencing this problem and also please note that I’m not American, I’m from Brazil and this post was made almost all the google translator, the only thing I did was to review some things, so please excuse any grammar error, grateful.

and remember to post feedback.

Posted by: AlexisRosewood.4210

AlexisRosewood.4210

Update on fixing this? Hurry UP Anet god…

Jayne.9251

Phophet .. I tried your method .. had to go in via Macafee and do it, but it appears to have helped .. was only on 20 mins tho, but it seems better. Then again, might be the time of day, lack of bodies .. i’ll find out tomorrow and come back here. Thank you if this fixes it!

Posted by: Imperium.6340

Imperium.6340

no lag issues here but fps is destroyed since last patch.. amd 1090t ati hd 7790 8 gig ram. 120gig ssd..

Posted by: Nibiru.1423

Nibiru.1423

Whatever is causing this problem for everyone can be fixed by reversing whatever they changed a few patches ago, kitten get someone in charge that had some brains. If you can fix it, just revert back to the old version?

Magic Find + Common Sense + Consideration = Happy Party + Nice Loot

Posted by: Maranwe.6513

Maranwe.6513

Hey guys we’re currently looking into this issue. To help us along with our investigation, could you please provide your location in addition to your ISP and Netdiag reports. To create a net diag report, please follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Right-click on “GW2.exe – Shortcut” and select “Rename.”

4. Rename this file to “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic.”

5. Right-click on “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” and select “Properties.”

6. Locate the “Target” line and add the following to the end “-diag”
Your target line should look like this: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” -diag

7. Click “Ok” to save your changes.

8. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” to start the test.

Once completed, please click “View Results” and save the results to a text file on your desktop. Once saved, please attach that to this thread (be sure to click “More posting & formatting options…” at the bottom).

Thanks everyone!

I am sorry but can you stop posting this or something else. Problem is on your side. I have no lags, my friend does. She has lags since the last update. So check what your broke, thanks.

Posted by: Imperium.6340

Imperium.6340

and wxhile you’re at it fix the huge fps drop many players have since last patch! both the lag and fps drop have made the game unplayable for me

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I’m following this topic since I bought GW2, because I have this problem since I bought it and saw that beyond anyone have an immediate solution to the problem also realized it would take to have something official, then went back, tried a few things in despair and I ended up finding a possible solution (at least I’m two days in a row without suffering any kind of connection lag in WvW or PVE)

then searched an item called’’ Guild Wars 2 Game Client’’ and saw that the firewall had blocked some connections this item

at and what I did was: Double Click on the locked item> Properties and where it was written’’ connection’’ blocked’’ just switched to allow connection’’

I did this on all items that were blocked with the connection and I’m playing with no lag so far

please note: I do not know if this is real or a temporary solution, I’m just trying to find a solution as well as all who are experiencing this problem and also please note that I’m not American, I’m from Brazil and this post was made almost all the google translator, the only thing I did was to review some things, so please excuse any grammar error, grateful.

Nope, I checked all this just for grins, but all of my ports for GW, the GW client, and anything related to GW was clear and open so there’s nothing stopping it at least from my own computer on out. For some info gathering: I have also opened the gaming ports on my router, but it made no difference, and since I’m not really comfortable leaving ports wide open anyway I closed them again.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Jayne.9251

Nope, I checked all this just for grins, but all of my ports for GW, the GW client, and anything related to GW was clear and open so there’s nothing stopping it at least from my own computer on out. For some info gathering: I have also opened the gaming ports on my router, but it made no difference, and since I’m not really comfortable leaving ports wide open anyway I closed them again.

I had to manually add GW2 to windows firewall .. and then I went in to macafee and adjusted there too .. wasn’t blocked on macafee, but doing this seems to have solved my lag issues. Then again, it could be because we’re not facing the same numbers as we did last week in WvW … but so far, so good

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

Here is my file. Not that i notice lag when i play. Just so that you see why it works for me and not for others.

Attachments:

Posted by: Elysios.9274

Elysios.9274

We need a fix.. the game is unplayable right now

Auesis.7301

This is obscene now. This HORRIFIC lag occurs at EXACTLY the same time, every single night, without fail.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Hachirou.9380

Hachirou.9380

I recently started playing again just before Dragon Bash started, every evening for 3 days i had chronic lag spikes. They would start small n grow to as long as 30 seconds or a complete disconnect.

Every other game ran fine, HD videos streamed fine and the game worked fine during the day.

The spikes stopped, yet today i rolled another new character and the lag spikes are horrific. I log back in on my higher level character and theres no lag. How does that even work?

My friends have the same issue, though some have no issue what so ever. I can get speed tests of around 80mbps download and 40-60 upload.

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Happens to me last days also and getting worse every day. Randomly getting big lags, can’t activate skills..
Recorded a little vid (WvW but it wasn’t a big blob fight in garri)
http://youtu.be/jnwGrrVMxTo
Chat working (sometimes delayed) but skills and other ppl movements totally gone…

(edited by Atoss.1056)

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Given up trying to have some fun tonight.. the lag spiking is unplayable and skill delays are useless on Underworld.. strangely enough the skill delays only seem to be one way … I was only taking a gentle stroll around Brisban Wilderlands farming some minions and coffers.

Seems another patch to fix the patch that patched the original patch to the Dragon Bash patch is required….. just as well this is a F2P model cos otherwise I would of dropped this like a lead balloon long ago, though saying that I am beginning to log in less and less cos of all the issues and bugs that are either being ignored or are creeping in nowadays.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Jayne.9251

Back to report that Phophet’s fix didn’t hold. Severe lag issues today .. back to the 2-3 minute delay in WvW if more than 20 players are in the same area. Have never had this issue before, and I’ve been in WvW about 12 hours a day since November without problems. Just started since last patch.

And to add to what Atoss said .. whispers come through in real time, but /map /team or /say is delayed like the rest. Sometimes taking a couple minutes to appear on chat screen. Glad you recorded that Atoss, that’s exactly what I’m experiencing too, only more prolonged.

All my characters experience the same thing (ranger, mesmer, elementalist, necro).

Playing on an EU server from North America. Thought initially that was the issue, but seeing other posts here, not sure.

Anyone else have a fix they’ve tried?

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

I’m starting to think that they’re limiting bandwidth for people outside NA..

Posted by: quark.2756

quark.2756

The only fix I have found is not to play GW2 and that’s what I have done for the last few days.

I have been hoping it would be fixed so I can play again, but my son was on earlier this evening to get the fireworks achievement, it seemed ok standing around in LA but when he went to the open world it was 20-30 seconds lag spikes and it was unplayable, so had to quit.

So it looks like I still can’t get back to playing, so hurry up Anet and sort your game out.

I ran a ping plot during this lagging and the connection to the server was good the whole time so it doesn’t seem to be my connection or routing to the server.

Posted by: Nemhain.3906

Nemhain.3906

Same replies from the supporte team, will leave my diagnostic, in hope to see this fixed.

ISP: Meo pt

Attachments:

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I have a fix, don’t play GW2, I for one am getting pretty fed up with things like this, you cannot expect people to enjoy your game and play competitively when it’s like this, it is not fit for purpose.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Auesis.7301

The lag hit again today, on cue, at ~8pm (half an hour ago). The pattern has been consistent for the past week now. Unplayable at this exact time for the next few hours at the least. Only GW2 suffers from this problem.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

I have a fix, don’t play GW2, I for one am getting pretty fed up with things like this, you cannot expect people to enjoy your game and play competitively when it’s like this, it is not fit for purpose.

Indeed, I am getting to that mindset too. Anet are VERY good at totally avoiding a game breaking issue, What with this “Network Lag” + “Skill Delay” This game just isn’t running as it was intended! Nowhere near.

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

Attaching Log

Virgin Media
UK
Seafarer’s Rest

It’s just silly delay on skill usage and d/cs too.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Too lazy to post log atm but lag made my todays play time horrible. Barely playable everywhere except Queensdale which seemed BIT better but not too well also.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Gustav.3062

Gustav.3062

Lag started 2 weeks ago.

ISP: Telsur
Sever: Jade Quarry

Attachments:

Posted by: Nachos.5719

Nachos.5719

ISP: Supercanal
Server: Sorrow’s Furnace
Lag and constant crashes. Starts 1 week ago.

Attachments:

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

The microstutter is getting worse. Even in empty zones. Unplayable.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Alaztor.6918

Alaztor.6918

ISP:VTR
Server:Yak’s Bend

Lag started Friday 14th, never had any lag problems before except in the beta weekends. Watching videos ,playing other games(D3) and that kind of stuff is perfectly fine, also(I don’t know if it’s relevant or not)some of my friends that play GW2 have the same ISP I have and have no lag problems(they live in other cities tho). Lag seems to go away after 0:00am(GMT-4) since I was able to play without problems until 3:00am(went to sleep after so I don’t know if lag came back again). Also, I don’t know if this is relevant or not but I also lag in GW1 and lag goes away around the same time as GW2’s(0:00am). Hope this get fixed soon, I really love this game.

(edited by Alaztor.6918)