Official response on the Lag issues please?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

Thank you for the honesty and the time to make this post Bill, it is sincerely appreciated – at least by myself. On the same hand, some of us literally can’t play anymore until these updates are done, I wish there were other ways we could help, but it does literally seem like a roadblock until all is fixed. – Either way, Cheers and Thank you again for this update.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: GenocideKawasaki.3681

GenocideKawasaki.3681

My Lag started happening about two weeks ago I can’t use skills or do my personal story without some kind of problem occurring and I’m getting disconnected constantly.

ISP: Brighthouse
Server: Borlis Pass

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

I can attest to this lag too. I can’t say for certain when it started. I only came back a couple of weeks ago, and most of my time has been spent in WvW. I didn’t think anything of it, because WvW is always a bit laggy. However, I’ve been focusing on PvE for the last few days and I’ve gotten skill lag. Sometimes it’s tolerable, and other times it gets pretty bad. Skills not responding for several seconds, even death caused by said skill lag. I’ve never had lag in PvE before, and I’ve been playing on max Graphic detail since head-start. Also gotten random disconnects from time to time.

ISP: Time Warner
Server: Desolation

Posted by: Joeythegoth.3074

Joeythegoth.3074

I just bought the game two days ago and the lag and frequent disconnects makes it unplayable the longest I could play was last night before the build for like a half hour. After looking up online what i can do it seems to be a BIG issue i never would’ve bought it if i knew i just spent money on two small frisbees, Im from Ireland very dissapointed first time player and it is a pity because it does seem like a game i could enjoy.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I cannot finish one of my story mission because I get disconnected on the same spot (I’m doing the Vigil quest – where they are attacked and when I’m on the catapult, DC. happened more than 5x already since yesterday )

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Feelm.1938

Feelm.1938

Started getting this recently. Extremely laggy behaviour and disconnects (7:11:3:191:101) after 1900 GMT+1 on the dot. Someone, somewhere, is doing traffic shaping and it is killing the game for quite a number of people.

(edited by Feelm.1938)

Posted by: wolfer.7945

wolfer.7945

Ok, here is mine.

(i hope i did this right.)

Attachments:

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

I don’t know if this is related, but just incase.
Me and some of my guildies from Australia and US are also experiencing heavy lag and frequent disconnects, but we all agree we did not suffer from such problems prior to the Sky Pirates of Tyria content. Before that we were mostly fine, but every patch release afterwards has made our experience more and more unstable.

Posted by: Abardagul.5849

Abardagul.5849

Me and some of my guildies from Australia and US are also experiencing heavy lag and frequent disconnects, but we all agree we did not suffer from such problems prior to the Sky Pirates of Tyria content. Before that we were mostly fine, but every patch release afterwards has made our experience more and more unstable.

i’m having the exact same issue. never had lag problem until the very latest patch this morning. pls fix

p.s. i’ve tried all my online games and none of them are having lag issue.

Lantriss ~ Guardian
Typhoon Dador ~ Warrior

(edited by Abardagul.5849)

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Yes, that’s what I observed as well.

Game has been barely playable for me most of the time. And I’m from South East Asia…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

PVE has been lagging for quite sometime now. I think even before the Sky Pirate patch…..

WvW even worst, if there are hundreds of players killing each other, the lag is insane. I mean, some lag is quite understandable when you have that many players all in one place, but to lag till you don’t even know what is happening to your character or skills not about to execute, that is very very bad.

Posted by: Acidcors.4296

Acidcors.4296

that problem occured long before sky pirates.
3+ months for me and i’m pretty sure it randomly started without any patch.

i was in wvw, everythings fine then suddenly skills and skill effects were delayed at random times and everywhere in the game. same as when heavy crowds met.
it got worse to the point were the game became unplayable 2-4 weeks later. skills and skill effects from me and enemies quequed up to 3 minutes then everything clicked within these minutes happening withing 0.1 second like a bomb. i’m sure i’ve been reported for hacking several times since melee people couldn’t kill me for any reason. it probably looked like i was beaming all over the place or running on one spot while being somewhere else

however what really strange is that it’s obviously the biggest problem of the game and also any game i’ve ever played online but it’s still not pinned down to the board, leaving only 3 answers

1. evil anet did it to reduce server costs, getting rid of unimportant population who dont bring real money to the shop regularly
2. evil vivendi did it to sabotage the only serious rival on the mmorpg market
3. nobody did anything because they have no technical staff at all

Posted by: Gazso.7591

Gazso.7591

in my case the annoying lag has appeared for the first time when the sky pirate patch has released…
i thought it’s going to disappear….well…I guess I was wrong…
i don’t know what i am supposed to do, i really hope Anet is going to fix it somehow, or Anet will give some instructions what we are supposed to do (other than diagnostic…)

(edited by Gazso.7591)

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Just to mention that when zoning in, many many times I can’t control my character for nearly 1 minute before I can have control back. And this started during the Flame and Frost saga…..

Posted by: mexbacho.9162

mexbacho.9162

OK i been hoping this is going to get fixed because is starting to drive me NUTS. WvW, pvp and dungeons are unplayable due to the INSANE lag. Please Anet you got one of the best community of gamers here and a great game. please hurry or the least you can do is keep us updated.

concerned gamer

Posted by: ryyyAv.1634

ryyyAv.1634

I have lags yesterday in EU server (Blacktide). Today i check this again. I hope the problem is fixed

Posted by: HomicideUK.1980

HomicideUK.1980

Major lag issues on “Fissure of Woe” Server. Lag started for me today and i am averaging 11 FPS. Things to note is the game doesn’t lag when looking down or when on the character selection or map screen.
Thanks
HomicideUK

Posted by: Zevilo.9304

Zevilo.9304

Please Anet revert whatever you changed.

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Couple times it’s fine, other times I simply cannot play due to lag/crashing which is especially bad in spvp where you simply rejoining isn’t a solution (people often replace your slot).

I dunno what the core of the issue is or the extent of it’s impact across the whole game (some people claim to never have issues) but I do know this problem isn’t new. It has been affecting me for months and has hardly gotten better. Often I’ve seen a post about how a crashing issue was resolved but I never had any difference between playing and crashing. It’s been inconsistent with me for these months and I never get a warning sign until it’s too late. Worst is when it happens during wvw reset night :/

Please fix this issue soon, I hate to have to quit for the day simply because the lag is unbearable.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: Xscyt.5463

Xscyt.5463

Please, do something against these lags… At the moment it doesn’t even matter when I play :X I made over 30 speed test during the day (10:30 am-11 pm) and my conenction is fine (~9ms, ~32 Mbps, 2Mbps Upload) and I also never had lag issues before… Fighting as melee in sPvP is horrible at the moment…Ever tried to jump through Blackpowder with lag…?!

Xscyt | Thief | Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

i think anet won’t solve it
i’ve tried it and they say contact your isp, but the isp says its fine and my tests also say its fine
the only time i get packet loss is when i try to play on ncsoft servers (e.g. GW2)
so both sides say the problem isnt their problem

ryyyAv.1634

I have the same problem. From 6-7days (a play on release) I lag and it’s getting bigger. I wrote a ticket to the AN but blame on my ISP. I was in contact with him so it was not and I know that all of me is OK. Interesting that I only lag in GW2.
See the my tests:
http://www.pingtest.net/result/84639995.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2882031213.png
http://oi40.tinypic.com/2i8axdw.jpg

Waiting and waiting and I can not wait for a reply AN in this case.

(edited by ryyyAv.1634)

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

ryyyAv.1634

We are organizing a 1v1 tournament in my country, we have a lot of players. Many viewers twich. I also had to blow part. With AN and Lagache of the week I can only get excited and steaming. Today, we have finals. I give w / o I just stream. AN silent. Thanks so much. You guys are great.

btw
I do not remember if I mentioned that blame on my internet. You can see that it is not.

Posted by: kismet.5347

kismet.5347

I have the same problem. From 6-7days (a play on release) I lag and it’s getting bigger. I wrote a ticket to the AN but blame on my ISP. I was in contact with him so it was not and I know that all of me is OK. Interesting that I only lag in GW2.
See the my tests:
http://www.pingtest.net/result/84639995.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2882031213.png
http://oi40.tinypic.com/2i8axdw.jpg

Waiting and waiting and I can not wait for a reply AN in this case.

Im having the exact same thing. Cannot ping that same IP you tried to ping. And im lagging like 1sec.. canĀ“t pvp at all :/ No lag anywhere else except in GW2.

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Everything I do has a ~1s delay, internet is fine etc just the patch did something…

Posted by: YuckaMountain.3786

YuckaMountain.3786

Same as 2 posters above. Sometimes also transitioning zones takes very long time. I also ran the GW 2 -diag and I hope it helps.

Attachments:

Posted by: sketchy.8193

sketchy.8193

Since today I’m getting a 1-2 seconds delay on all skills, weapon swap etc.
Never had this before.
Connection is fine, tested other games and had no issue playing.

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Same, getting a ~1sec delay on skills since a few hours ago.

Tried latency tests and I ping ~50ms, so my end is fine. It’s only GW2 that’s affected.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: MikeoPoleo.4382

MikeoPoleo.4382

I love GW2 and I’ve come to love Anet and the community. As of tonight the game got unplayable. I hope Anet finds a solution asap. Figured I’d bump this post.

As everyone else, I’m getting either ~1-3 second skill/any action delay or sometimes the game freezes up. I know it is not a framerate issue since I get constant 60 fps even though I don’t do any actions.

Posted by: Cragrender.1728

Cragrender.1728

I’m glad i found so many people also complaining about this issue, it is making the game unplayable for me as well, always used to run more or less smoothly with little to no lag for the last 8 months or so I’ve played it, but this 1-2 second delay on beginning ability animations, or some being skipped completely (at least on my screen) is becoming unbearable, reminds me of when i used to play WoW with the horrible internet i had back in the day that would spike to 1500ms ping.

Posted by: MordekaiZeyo.7318

MordekaiZeyo.7318

Germany
Deutsche Telekom
Riverside (GER)

All things are delayed at least 1 sec and longer. It’s still unplayable for me.
3 disconnects and one black screen with mouse cursor, then 2 errors from log-in screen.
It take too long while log in.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kerosenefire.3904

Kerosenefire.3904

I am lagging everwhere in the game. Even in empty rata sum. Just logged out of my warrior I think she will perform her profession skill (f1) next time I login. I failed multiple times in cof which is the easiest dungeon (side note I don’t do speedruns). I tried to do some spvp with my ele but attuning to something was a challenge. All my skills wait 2 secs to happen. I get teleported back to 3 to 10k yards while I am moving but everyone else around are just fine moving normal. It is like some devs having fun of me. When I pull a little large in pve I see mobs coming normally and things freeze 2 seconds and I die. They don’t get damage even if I spam skills so hard. If these items look familiar to you good luck! They usually don’t get fixes in any game.

Posted by: FalseLion.5831

FalseLion.5831

been having the same issues since about 11 o’clock cst last night on darkhaven, woke up this morning and issues are still there. No one last night seemed to be having any issue with the exception of my gf and myself. This morning I ran connection tests and have reset everything and ran another connection tests, and everything checks out fine on my end so it’s something on arena.net’s end.

Nice to see that some people have been having this problem for two months and nothing has been said or done.

Posted by: Takeshi.4685

Takeshi.4685

Haven’t played in about 2 months due to lag issues last time – game had been playable, but just annoying from the lag/glitchiness.

Got on this morning – worse than ever.
Lag is much worse and now I get disconnects as well every few mins. I have restarted client about 10 times now… this isn’t helping as per error message (‘Try reconnecting client in a few minutes’..) after disconnects.

So much lag on all NPC/Zones (if they even appear) there is no point even trying to play. This has been described in previous posts – so I won’t bother re-explaining.

As per other posts as well: My connect is fine (30+Mb down/4 up). Game is completely unplayable. My other online games are fine..

Sure would be nice if they were being proactive about this.. Maybe I will try again in a few months.

Posted by: FalseLion.5831

FalseLion.5831

well i’m able to play fine on my own now, my problem was caused when the gf and I were trying to play together which is how we play guild wars 2, one of us can play fine, but as soon as we both try to login one or both of us have connection issues and lag that makes the game completely unplayable….worked fine yesterday morning when we were playing together so not really sure what changed or if this is some work around arena.net implemented to try and fix bandwidth issues

only reason i bought guild wars 2 was because it was a game her and I can play together….so not really much good to me now that we both can’t play the game at the same time

Posted by: Maugrem.7608

Maugrem.7608

I only ever lag when there is a full WvW encounter on map and for a couple seconds when I pull up the TP. Other than that I am Okely Dokely.

Maugrem Moorgraves Ex-Nimue Nightshade (DAoC- Roisin Dubh)
An Epic 80 in every flavor (Five Thousand Finishers)

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

My computer has also been suffering from an extreme lag since Flame and Frost it and has progressively gotten worse, now that the Queen’s Gauntlet features many one shot one kill bosses it has become impossible to play.

Attachments:

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

The lag is still atrocious, I forgot to start WTFast today and it was awful, I started the program and everything went smoothly,

As I said hundred times problem is only with Gw2 and paying for this program in order to play just one game starts to feel pretty disturbing, (and yeah I play other online games and my girlfriend plays another f2p MMO on this computer without any issues),

Are you guys at Anet aware of this issue?

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Posted by: marvelxgirl.5140

marvelxgirl.5140

I am an Australian and I have the same issue on Fissure of Woe at about 8pm
Everything runs great except GW2, such a shame I won’t be playing it tonight…

Posted by: Asenath.2567

Asenath.2567

is this ok?
I didn’t have any lag since 1 month ago…but now i can barely play it with low details… ?@?
It’s there anything wrong with my provider or network adapter? (this is the tesT)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2908045798

Posted by: Reginmund.4781

Reginmund.4781

playing from philippines. terrible lag started just a few days ago. a friend of mine here is experiencing the same thing. couldnt play long enough anymore.

Attachments:

Posted by: skywolfsky.3029

skywolfsky.3029

I think Anet know that lag, skill delay, issues.
and I think they will tell you all is the packet loss problem that make you lagging..
Mean your side problem.

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

There is an insane amount of skill lag in WvW atm. Can you please take a look and maybe try to give it to the team to fix it?! We have karaoke night!

Desolation server! EB

Thanks

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

dunno what you done Arena, but kittenING LAG EVERYWHERE

after removing culling on pve this game is UNPLAYABLE

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Thanks its gone

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

playing from philippines. terrible lag started just a few days ago. a friend of mine here is experiencing the same thing. couldnt play long enough anymore.

you net diag is fine . the errors that have are coming from your os .

you must realize that your are playing a dx 9 based game with win 8 that is still new ….. with what ever this means ….

maybe if you run the game in compatibility mode as xp sp3 the problem will disappear

Posted by: Milennos.9810

Milennos.9810

Lag issues here since one week, before it’s was fine.

Posted by: eicer.9670

eicer.9670

Philippines
Globe Internet
Fergusson’s Crossing

Attachments:

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

code=7:11:3:191:101, every 30 seconds ever since new patch
Packet stops only when I get on GW2

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux