Official response on the Lag issues please?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: jjunior.8935

jjunior.8935

code=7:11:3:191:101, here too since friday(23.8.), please look at it …. i can’t play living story cause this, i cant do daily fratals, nothing ….

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

So since 20:15 GMT+1 The lag has started again! All the guild events were laggy, WvW lags like hell.

When do we finally see some PERMANENT improvements on the dam server lag problems. I am tired of it! I just want to play in EU prime time without lag.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

For me, disabling Naggle’s Protocol worked like a charm. Search online is not really that hard.

(I play from Argentina, 300 is my usual ping, it feels so much smoother now).

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

How I Wish…
Lag is persistent with all those events and people, got also 1-2 minutes delay + crash.

Posted by: Pteropus.4871

Pteropus.4871

So for some reason I’m getting horrible lag issues today. If I open my friends when I log in, the majority will have “Unknown” for a location for a few seconds. If I try and whisper them, it does nothing and 10 seconds later it pops up with a Firewall error.

Opening guild chat has no one online except me and any friends in it, and then after a minute or so people will start popping up as online a few at a time.

Things like waypoints, talking to merchants, etc are also having significant delay for me. If I message someone (when it lets me), it goes through either instantly or after a 2 to 10 second delay.

What I’ve tried to fix it:
-Restarted my router
-Reset my router
-Restarted my computer
-Ran gw2 with clientport 80 command line argument
-Flushed my DNS
-Restarted winsock
-Ran the repair command line argument for GW2

I’m at a loss of what to do, because these issues are practically making the game unplayable for me right now. Combat is impossible, and so is socializing. I may as well go stare at a wall or something. Any suggestions or help?

Posted by: Voicer.8239

Voicer.8239

Same issue here. Delay of 2~3 sec, wvw and spvp unplayable. Pve annoying since my toon keep getting rolled back and is virtually impossible to engage champions…
Anet please let us know when we can get back to the game. The way it is right now, not a chance.

(BlackGate)

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Guys this is the Level3 server issue.

To help testing. Type /ip ingame chat.

do tracert in your CMD.

tracert xx.xx.xx.xx

READ full test: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28594736-Cable-Latency-from-Level3.

I am now force to use VPN to Midwest datacenter. The East Datacenter is just horrid at the moment, 2nd time this month.

Attachments:

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

(edited by DJRiful.3749)

Posted by: Joon.8931

Joon.8931

Same issues here. Tested both ping and connection and no problem at all. It occurs sporadically for me at certain times of the day. Stuttering a lot in both spvp and pve. Game has just become unplayable. PVP server is Attached my results from the ncsoft game advisor below. Its akittens worst when it i cant even view the pvp server list at all.

Asura Ele: Chibi Joon
Human Ele: Joonhyung Hiraishin
Theif: Joonhyung

Posted by: Akyl.8647

Akyl.8647

I logged in 6 hours ago and I started lagging as well. What’s going on? Located in Canada and I have no internet issues I check my fps on other video games but Guild Wars 2 is lagging.

Posted by: Pteropus.4871

Pteropus.4871

Followed what DJRiful did and ran a tracert on the IP to Tarnished Coast (server I play on). Apparently according to that thread they linked it’s deprioritizing ICMP.

Everyone I know living on the east is getting the same lag issues as me as well. Hope they fix it. :c

Attachments:

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

I’m having this trouble, too. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been getting massive server-side lag. My skills (especially ones I’d want to use in quick response to an attack) won’t fire off for several seconds after I hit the button. The skill just flashes until the game finally decides to activate it (after I’ve taken massive damage, usually).

This was happening to me a lot in the areas where the clockwork zerg was going on, but it happens in areas where no one is around, either. A couple of days ago, I was collecting Ori in Orr with a friend, and he watched as my character would just sit there in front of the node, doing nothing, after I’d pressed F to gather. The game just sat there. I’ve also lost connection to the servers a few times, but it wasn’t my internet that kicked.

My internet isn’t top of the line crazy, but from what I’ve checked out, it doesn’t seem to be a problem on my end. And my FPS rate is just fine. What the kitten is going on?

At this point, I’m going to put down the game for a while. It’s truly unplayable with this lag.

Posted by: Sashiku.7086

Sashiku.7086

Tulsa Oklahoma USA
Yak’s Bend Server
AT&T :: broadband Solid as a rock
My computer is good, 6GB ram and it has 2 quad cores.

I’m too lazy to do the test.

Posted by: MissClik.6948

MissClik.6948

Up please 5 Error 7 in 20 minutes of play tonight… Going on Titan Quest no Disconnect in 3H of play … Come on … it’s my computer ?

Please help

Posted by: Omarion.3769

Omarion.3769

Dear Arena Net,

I have noticed that every Sunday evening the lag becomes unbearable. I cannot participate with my guild on guild missions and it becomes very frustrating. I would greatly appreciate your attention to identify where the issue is coming from and if there is any information you can provide us to help alleviate this problem I would be most grateful.
Network diagnosis attached.

Posted by: Grafskopa.9140

Grafskopa.9140

Didn’t manage to get it to work with the -diag change so no test possible from me. :^/

Provider: Telia (wifi)

Posted by: ozzieballista.8015

ozzieballista.8015

Anet your really dropping the ball here, it’s about time you pull your head out of the sand and give us what ever your plan of action is out to the community, because this effing lag is completely unacceptable.

I spend a kitten load of cash on your gem store along with a lot of other people to support this game and it’s about time we see some of that put back in to the game.

At the moment this game is largely unplayable in WvW for more than 50% of the time for me at least. But according to the 100 other people in Teamspeak it pretty easy to say that this issue is out there for anyone who doesn’t have his kitten sitting on top of the servers.

I think we deserve a little more than a largely unresponsive 3 month old thread, and the plethora of unanswered daily threads created about the lag is ignorant to the highest degree on Anets part. Keep ignoring this issue will end up costing you in the long run.

Anets official response to my support ticket was to use a third party proxy service to help with the lag. I must be really stupid because so far for this F2P game, I buy gems all the time, I pay for a proxy service and apparantly get the lag free for my trouble.

GG you got me.

Posted by: HypnotoadProductions.3981

HypnotoadProductions.3981

I have to agree with the issue being the Level3 servers. Especialy the one in Frankfurt is a big culprit for me and others as it’s the main hub.

Today I reported this issue to Level3 who were completely surprised that, as a non customer, I found out about that. So they’re apparently on the issue right now but just in case I’d say that everybody with issues just calls their free support hotline and reports this issue.

It’s funny how before 1CET the servers are fine and afterwards the connection goes down the drain. The same thing happens on Twitch.TV as well by the way, just try streaming on a test account. While the Level3 servers are under heavy load you won’t get anywhere…

Anyway, report the issue to Level3 and that’s about it.

Posted by: PhilFernley.2680

PhilFernley.2680

I have to agree with the issue being the Level3 servers. Especialy the one in Frankfurt is a big culprit for me and others as it’s the main hub.

Today I reported this issue to Level3 who were completely surprised that, as a non customer, I found out about that. So they’re apparently on the issue right now but just in case I’d say that everybody with issues just calls their free support hotline and reports this issue.

It’s funny how before 1CET the servers are fine and afterwards the connection goes down the drain. The same thing happens on Twitch.TV as well by the way, just try streaming on a test account. While the Level3 servers are under heavy load you won’t get anywhere…

Anyway, report the issue to Level3 and that’s about it.

This seems encouraging. Over the last couple of weeks I’ve ran numerous PingPlotter tests in different areas of the game and the Level 3 Frankfurt server always seemed to be the source of my latency and packet loss. Indeed, I even got Anet to admit that my connection was “good” (a feat in itself, considering they’re always so eager to point the finger at your connection and ISP) and that the problem lay in the route the information travelled from my computer to their servers.

May I ask how you’ve gone about notifying them [Level 3, Frankfurt] of their problem? I’d also like to get in contact with them and corroborate your issues with the ones I too have been having. An e-mail address so that I could attach a number of reports would be ideal.

It seems that it we all shout loud enough, we may get something moving at the Level 3 end of things, ‘cause this forum seems dead of Dev comments/advice as of late.

Regards.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Level3 May or May not look into this issue depending on if its affecting their customers or not.

With out you having a service contract with level3 they do not have to lift a finger for you, even though you are routing through their data centers.

I posted about this the other day, as not only is the L3 Frankfurt routers having high response times, but also their routers out in LA (which is closer to the Anet US Servers)

I went through both my Internet (Cogent) and MPLS Providers, submitted an internal ticket and they are now talking with Level3 on the issue (It affects a lot more then just connections back to Arena Net servers…Thank god!)

So my providers are doing head to head testing with level3 (since they are direct hand offs to each other). While I do not expect this to be a large (read as world wide) fix. its a start to the root cause of the issues.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Maybe i’m starting to be a bit paranoiac but some of you guys seems to be Anet relatives… I mean surely Anet is following this thread, (even when there’s no official answer yet),

L3 is crap, nobody is arguing about that, but this is the only game i’m getting this huge lag,

I can post a screen of a tracert playing tera throught L3 and having 200ms and another one while playing gw2 with 450, (in fact i’ll do when I go home i’m at work right now),

Problem is not lv3 on his own, problem is Anet and they can’t even say “oh yeah we are aware about l3 issues”,

God kitten you Anet, hidding your head in the ground like an ostrich won’t solve the problem, at least put your pants on and come here to explain what the kitten is happening and what the kitten are you doing to solve this issue,

WE WANT AN OFFICIAL ANSWER,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Posted by: torquemada.9534

torquemada.9534

I have a 10mb uncapped unshaped line. My internet works fine. I’m playing from Cape Town South Africa using Afrihost. My online gaming in ALL other games works fine. GW2 used to work fine (even when I had a 4mb shaped line), but now it’s unplayable nearly half the time I log in.

Tonight I can’t load the trading post, currency exchange, or any of that stuff. I’m now almost routinely kicked from mass player events (tequatl, scarlet, champion bosses around the world – voiding any participation I may have been involved in). Unexpected lag is means the game is unplayable; usually killing myself or endangering others.

With my three friends, any one of us may have lag on the night we try to play together, ruining the fun for all. We’re all on different ISPs.

I’ve been playing since launch… and something has changed. Either lots more people are playing… or some backend server structure thing has been tweaked… but it wasn’t ever like this.

Please Areanet… fix this.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Seems like the Level 3 issue is still present
Nothing Anet can do about that

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: marcel.6734

marcel.6734

Lots of lag here (i’m in Brazil). I have never experienced this before, except at launch. Started yesterday. I’m getting error 7 and 21. Please fix this.

Posted by: NeoTron.7268

NeoTron.7268

I’ve seen a lot of issues recently where I have frequent 1-4 second lockups (and with frequent I mean many times per minute, sometimes almost continuously on/off) in networking. This is not something I’ve noticed until (perhaps) the last (Teq) patch, at least not with any frequency. It often makes the game more or less unplayable.

I also seem to route through level 3 but as noted, any trace route that includes them might be incorrect because they ignore or deprioritize ICMP (apparently that’s a thing…).

I ran the diag test (see attached). A ping to one of the ip’s I connect also does show packet loss. It does seem to be more of an issue later at night or with more people around (Teq, or champ train in Queensdale for example):

64.25.40.116 ping statistics —-
48 packets transmitted, 44 received, 8% packet loss, time 47078ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 57.947/58.584/60.137/0.548 ms

Attachments:

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Every here seems to be having high packet loss on the Level3’s backbone. Check out the diags, some of you are hit 50% before getting to Anet’s servers.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

NeoTron.7268

I don’t think the level3 data is accurate for ICMP – they apparently deprioritize/drop ICMP packets giving false bad values.

Posted by: Olanth.7403

Olanth.7403

I’m having issues connecting and ~10 seconds of lag around peak times. Really disappointing that a huge issue like this isn’t even being acknowledged. So far support ticket responses have been worthless.

NeoTron.7268

Now, at 10:24 pm game is mostly unplayable. New trace attached.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cleyran Knight.8291

Cleyran Knight.8291

I’m also having huge spikes. Latency is fine, but the package loss is terrible. Sometimes is takes up to 5 seconds to perform an action and sometimes it won’t load the map at all.

Started yesterday, and I guess for most people too, judging by the recent amount of posts in this thread.

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Started again for me maybe 3 or 4 days ago. Before that I could not play maybe 2 hours a day because of the lag, but during the rest of the day the game worked flawlessly. Now every time I log, no matter the hour lag ruins my gaming experience. Last time this happened to me it was there for about a month and then vanished.
It’s so frustrating we don’t have a response from Anet yet. I was looking to previous posts and saw this guy Bill (dev) talking about how they were gonna look into the problem and update us on it. Funny thing 2 months later we have no more news from him.

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: robert.3475

robert.3475

anet said its not them .that its all the diffrent isp providers.hhhmmm i talked to players and we came up with over players having arund 25 isp providers.so how are all of them having same problem at same time on west and east coast lol. instead of it bein gw2.it is gw2 i was playing right up till the last update and hadno disconnects for all most a whole year then log off updatethen log back on disconnects and lag

Xystus.3241

You could have a 100 different ISPs but if you use the same backbone structure; it doesn’t matter. Your ISP does not directly connect you to ArenaNet. It passes you off to other companies, who pass you off to other companies until you reach a destination. Its a complete CF and a nightmare for getting things fixed.

I am coming in from SW Ohio on Time Warner Cable. I have about ~10 in this area with me, that I know personally. We have had zero connection issues. I’ve done Tequatl, Fractals, Dungeons, all the other open world bosses; in overflows and on my home server. I’ve done Tequatl with people complaining about the lag, yet I was lag free.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian

Xystus.3241

I’ve seen a lot of issues recently where I have frequent 1-4 second lockups (and with frequent I mean many times per minute, sometimes almost continuously on/off) in networking. This is not something I’ve noticed until (perhaps) the last (Teq) patch, at least not with any frequency. It often makes the game more or less unplayable.

I also seem to route through level 3 but as noted, any trace route that includes them might be incorrect because they ignore or deprioritize ICMP (apparently that’s a thing…).

I ran the diag test (see attached). A ping to one of the ip’s I connect also does show packet loss. It does seem to be more of an issue later at night or with more people around (Teq, or champ train in Queensdale for example):

NeoTron, welcome to the wonderful world of routing. You can do quite a lot of stuff based on ports/protocols to give priority/preference to one packet of internet data over another. 99.99% of the time, when you see 100% packet loss, the protocol is blocked. Even with protocols being prioritized, large packet losses can still point to an overall issue.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian

Posted by: robert.3475

robert.3475

i doubt that the west coast and east coast and britain all use same route

johnpoc.8732

Lag issues appear and vanish when patches come out. When this updates are released you start seeing users complaint about lag. So how would you explain that Xystus? Cause the ppl from support couldn’t answer that to me a few months ago. Anet is changing something when this patches come out that messes up with our internet, if they could only tell what they are changing then we (or our ISP) could start to find a solution.

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Xystus.3241

I can’t, but can you explain why a lot of others aren’t experiencing these issues?

Again, the internet doesn’t work like you think. Its not your ISP directly to ANET; there is many other networks in between. It could be how any one of them routes traffic. You maybe able to influence your end and ANET their end; but if its in between, the companies really don’t care.

I have seen a dozen or so reports from players coming from the West coast, traveling through Level3, and their packet loss and ping is awful. Mainly from the LA-Denver route. Yet, I pickup Level3 in Chicago and we both merge in Dallas, TX and then peer with ANET. My connection has remained 100% clear; even though we share the same hop on Level3 in Dallas and others are experiencing massive lag.

A few, not enough to make a valid assumption, I’ve seen coming from the East coast seem to be using Verizon backbone (ALTER) and ANET peers with Verizon Business class and not directly with their backbone. That peering location seems to be an issue.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I’m also having A LOT of issues with the game lag, to the point of not be able to play it.
Today is the 3rd day in a row where I’m having massive lag and DCs.

I’m attaching the test files and wait any dev to check it, because I play since the beta and I never got lag this bad for so long.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

johnpoc.8732

After this last fix patch to get WvW up again lag vanished! Back to gaming

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

Hi everyone,

Until yesterday I had never had any lag on GW2 but since then I have been having a lot of that… No problem on my internet I checked several times, everything else on my computer works as per usual.

I can get inside the game as fast as usual but when I’m there skills are very slow to activate when I press they keys, and I can be walking around WvW and suddenly find myself back on the map where I was or two minutes ago, or suddenly find myself dead without even seeing what happened or who attacked me.

Not sure if that’s helpful but I’m in France.

Recruiting for raid team here.

Posted by: fabio.1637

fabio.1637

im started to have this issues a couple of days ago, i play every other online games normally but GW2 i have a 4-5 seconds delay.

i really dont know what to do.

Attachments:

NeoTron.7268

NeoTron, welcome to the wonderful world of routing. You can do quite a lot of stuff based on ports/protocols to give priority/preference to one packet of internet data over another. 99.99% of the time, when you see 100% packet loss, the protocol is blocked. Even with protocols being prioritized, large packet losses can still point to an overall issue.

Yes, I’m aware (although I’m not a network admin, I used to work as a system admin and am a software developer by trade that do a lot of network related work). In either case, I admit I haven’t seen networks that would intentionally make ICMP packets completely unreliable measurements of actual packet loss. I tried using mtr using UDP packets, but it’s not looking terribly useful.

I’m somewhat at a loss on how to properly troubleshoot this issue when simple things like pinging isn’t reliable. Apparently Frontier does have some sort of capacity issue in my area, but it doesn’t seem like it’s the only issue unfortunately (if it was “just” Frontier, at least I’d have someone to pin the blame on :-)

Posted by: Zimbriski.7458

Zimbriski.7458

The craziest thing about the lag is that it hijacks my entire computer. I can set a ping graph to google.com and never spike above 150ms. As soon as I turn on GW2 and log onto a character, my pings to google start timing out with the lag spikes.

Only application having this issue, and it seems to be client-side.

Xystus.3241

The craziest thing about the lag is that it hijacks my entire computer. I can set a ping graph to google.com and never spike above 150ms. As soon as I turn on GW2 and log onto a character, my pings to google start timing out with the lag spikes.

Only application having this issue, and it seems to be client-side.

The game can’t take over your hardware. Windows prevents that from happening. Most likely, its a network card driver issue. Have you updated your network card’s drivers recently? Are you on a wired connection or wireless?

Xyssi – Asura Guardian

johnpoc.8732

Lag is back! It’s different now tho, instead of constant lag I get lag spikes when I enter combat. Doesn’t matter if I’m alone or in a zerg, being WvW my main activity in GW2 game is currently no more than a desktop icon

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

I am also getting lag today/tonight. Skill lag, character position lag, and of course the always TP lag.

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

Posted by: TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

TimIsOnTheInternet.5946

I don’t currently have the capacity to log in and generate a report, but since the patch and as of last night, the game has been unplayable for me in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Posted by: oldiess.6538

oldiess.6538

Please fix this lag spike please

Attachments: