Oh For Crying Out Loud

Oh For Crying Out Loud

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

SECONDS away from taking down Teq for the FIRST TIME since this lamentable mega newbie system has been put in place, and what does the game do? It frigging crashes!

Why for the love of God is do we not get credit for events that we have contributed to when the client decides to go mental? The game keeps track of event contribution when a player moves out of range of it, so why not for a short period after logoff?

Seriously this is so bloody frustrating.

Oh For Crying Out Loud

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

True that Bro!

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Oh For Crying Out Loud

nosleepdemon.1368

GRAAH still raging. The error that caused the crash was a corrupted texture. A corrupted texture! Who crashes THE CLIENT when a texture is corrupt? You know how other games handle corrupt textures? A solid colour! Like… Pink!

Oh For Crying Out Loud

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

SECONDS away from taking down Teq for the FIRST TIME since this lamentable mega newbie system has been put in place, and what does the game do? It frigging crashes!

Why for the love of God is do we not get credit for events that we have contributed to when the client decides to go mental? The game keeps track of event contribution when a player moves out of range of it, so why not for a short period after logoff?

Many ragequits were seen from this problem. I just stopped doing mega-bosses entirely because I would crash like 2 seconds before we killed the boss. EVERY friggin time.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Oh For Crying Out Loud

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I’m so sorry for you. Weird thing actually. I’ve been having some problems with my girlfriend because she thinks I’m emotionally distant to her when I play gw2 especially world bosses where I need to focus because lag and freeze are really hurting my gameplay. She suggested 2 things. First that I should play less and spend more time together. Lol. She silly. Second I buy better internet. I am student. I cannot pay better connection. Worst was she laughed when I wiped at behemoth.
So yes. I feel your pain.

Oh For Crying Out Loud

nosleepdemon.1368

Many ragequits were seen from this problem. I just stopped doing mega-bosses entirely because I would crash like 2 seconds before we killed the boss. EVERY friggin time.

I just don’t see why the game doesn’t keep track of event contribution for a minute or so after you DC. Something like, if you would have gotten a gold rating for the event, then give the player a bloody grace period when they time out. When you’re doing network related stuff, handling disconnections and resyncing clients is like top priority.

Still it could be worse – Mechwarrior Online doesn’t even allow players to rejoin a match once they disconnect…

Perhaps ANet could create a gem store item to keep ahold of contributions for a set period of time. 20 gems gets you 5 seconds worth of contribution saving, 40 gets you 20, and maybe 500 gets you 30 seconds? 5 minute buff duration sounds reasonable right? … I think I might be onto something, better delete this thread!

Oh For Crying Out Loud

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Happened to me once again today. I can’t believe they haven’t changed this! No reward after 15 mins of intense fighting LAME

Oh For Crying Out Loud

nosleepdemon.1368

Come on Arena Net, I’m throwing a bone for you here – you could make money off of paranoid gamers buying these things off the gem store. You could even do a hardware scan to check how old their HDDs are. “It looks like your hard drive might fail during this event wink wink. Here’s a contribution keeper buff on us! Next one’s 500 gems though!”.

Oh For Crying Out Loud

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I just don’t see why the game doesn’t keep track of event contribution for a minute or so after you DC. Something like, if you would have gotten a gold rating for the event, then give the player a bloody grace period when they time out. When you’re doing network related stuff, handling disconnections and resyncing clients is like top priority.

Still it could be worse – Mechwarrior Online doesn’t even allow players to rejoin a match once they disconnect…

Perhaps ANet could create a gem store item to keep ahold of contributions for a set period of time. 20 gems gets you 5 seconds worth of contribution saving, 40 gets you 20, and maybe 500 gets you 30 seconds? 5 minute buff duration sounds reasonable right? … I think I might be onto something, better delete this thread!

Wouldn’t matter, once you DC and reconnect 9.9 out ot 10 you’re put in a totally different instance and that is where the trouble is.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Oh For Crying Out Loud

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

No, it could be BETTER! When you are ABOUT to kill it, and then when it’s at 1% health you DISCONNECT, and when you get back the game sends you to a DIFFERENT megaserver!

Do people here REMEMBER the Ancient Karka mess? When people fought HOURS to kill it, only to disconnect and return to a DIFFERENT overflow?

Well, ANCIENT KARKA says “hello again! Prepare to waste your time!”

Oh For Crying Out Loud

nosleepdemon.1368

Wouldn’t matter, once you DC and reconnect 9.9 out ot 10 you’re put in a totally different instance and that is where the trouble is.

Yeah that totally shouldn’t happen either. Your character should be locked to an instance for a period of time after a disconnect that was not initiated by you, again it’s just common game design sense :/

Oh For Crying Out Loud

nosleepdemon.1368

No, it could be BETTER! When you are ABOUT to kill it, and then when it’s at 1% health you DISCONNECT, and when you get back the game sends you to a DIFFERENT megaserver!

Do people here REMEMBER the Ancient Karka mess? When people fought HOURS to kill it, only to disconnect and return to a DIFFERENT overflow?

Well, ANCIENT KARKA says “hello again! Prepare to waste your time!”

Oooh I remember the Karka debacle quite well, being one of the poor fools who got disconnected when ArenaNet quietly announced “a new build is available, your client will restart… NOW”

Oh For Crying Out Loud

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

There are some crashes you can ignore the error “box/message” for a minute or 2 before you really crash. Won’t work all the time, but keep playing and you might get the chest before the boot…….

I turn graphics way down and video card fan way up for teq/Karka. I don’t care as much about the other bosses so don’t bother (unless really laggy ).

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Oh For Crying Out Loud

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

Makes sense to me. If a crash can leave your character the game so that the monsters can kill you, then it should also be able to leave you in the game long enough to collect boss kill credit.

Oh For Crying Out Loud

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’m so sorry for you. Weird thing actually. I’ve been having some problems with my girlfriend because she thinks I’m emotionally distant to her when I play gw2 especially world bosses where I need to focus because lag and freeze are really hurting my gameplay. She suggested 2 things. First that I should play less and spend more time together. Lol. She silly. Second I buy better internet. I am student. I cannot pay better connection. Worst was she laughed when I wiped at behemoth.
So yes. I feel your pain.

Laugh of the day, thanks

My wife keeps telling me the same. She silly.

One – Piken Square