Oh what a difference!

Oh what a difference!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Logging in today I found my characters were moving in slow mo, my fps has dropped dramatically and its also affecting my sound, which comes across crackly. I was in Frostgorge Sound at the time trying to do my daily.
The dragon event was on so i thought it was due to that (and btw despite this issue i participated in killing him but didn’t get the chest) It was strange seeing everyone gathered where the chest appears but i could not see it, not the first time it happened either.
Anyway trying to do Quaggan Village event and Castaway was a nightmare, but especially the Quaggan village due to a massive amount of spears floating in the water. This has been going on for some time now and I have submitted a bug report for it but there’s more spears there than ever. My fps dropped to 5 in that area where I basically could not move. Despite this I managed to complete my daily, don’t ask me how, so i went to Black Citadel and the fps rate there was just as bad.
Thinking I had a bad connection, I rebooted my internet and my game then went to Lost shores, same result, LA, same, back to Black Citadel down to 4fps. Simply horrendous.
Is anyone else having these problem?

Attachments:

Oh what a difference!

Posted by: Majora.6028

Majora.6028

Nah, my FPS has gone down by a stupid amount. I asked around in “map” chat a few times, and lots of people are having the issue.

Oh what a difference!

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

I had the graphical portion of the glitch — massive amount of spears. But my FPS was fine.

Oh what a difference!

Tiger Ashante.1792

Hmm that’s weird I’ve now tested this extensively on various toons and wherever i go i get the same lag but only in Frostgorge I get this slow mo effect on my chars.
I’m just wondering if there’s any tweaking going on by the devs? If anyone could respond please it would help me a lot knowing that, so I could at least determine it’s something on my end. But as it stands now, the game is basically unplayable for me.

Oh what a difference!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I wasn’t having problems (I’m in Texas) but the people I was with, from the Detroit area, were. They were having lag and one was kicked twice from the game. Maybe it depends on where you are from?

Also, you said today. What time period was that? The time my guildies were having problems was about 6pm CT.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Oh what a difference!

Tiger Ashante.1792

Ok, today I’m still having the same lag problems. Black Citadel is one of the worst it gives me 2fp in some spots. Inside the bank, if i face the banker i get 25fps, if i turn to face the exit, i get 6fps. When i arrive there from LA via pink portal i get 2fps. I’m pinned to the ground and all i can do is port out of there. btw, i turned my setting to ‘best performance’ after i started having these problems yesterday, but it made no difference.
When I arrive in Frostgorge to do my daily, i get around 25fps as soon as i come anywhere near where Jormag event happens my fps drops to below 10 my chars go slow mo on and off and the game sound becomes distorted (this is during the time when the even isn’t even on). I’ve had lags here and there in the past, but nothing like this and they seem to be wide spread as I’ve visited various areas with similar results, cities being probably the worst.
Considering i used to get between 35fps-60+fps in most areas with some setting turned to ultra such as LOD and a few others, this is a big change and its basically making my game almost unplayable, so please fix this asap.

Oh what a difference!

Posted by: trashcanhands.8269

trashcanhands.8269

Other than some weird disappearing buildings/textures in one section of the Black Citadel which has always been there since i started playing GW2, i haven’t noticed any FPS issues lately..some server quirks/disconnects in the last couple days, but no change in FPS.

i5 2500k@4.6ghz/Asus p8/z68 Deluxe Gen3
8gb G.Skill Ripjaws RAM
EVGA 570GTX SC

Oh what a difference!

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Same thing for me FPS and culling problems have been intermittent up until the 1/28 patch when culling became a daily issue in open world PvE. Black Citadel has almost always dropped me to sub-10 FPS since the beginning of the game. It eventually clears up and sometimes restarting the games solves it. Do hope they get a handle on this soon, especially the culling as it appears there is nothing that can be done client-side to help.

Oh what a difference!

Tiger Ashante.1792

Well I had hoped this issue would have been fixed during maintenance downtime but it hasn’t in fact it seems worse than before. /sad face

Oh what a difference!

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

till anet break down and rewrite the game engine/client to use cores more efficiently rather then doing halfkittened quick fixes they think will help….this games gonna have stuff like this happening…..

reminds me of cryptic just after STO went F2P, they where running beta test servers but not reading any of the feedback, so we kept having patches that broke lots of stuff, in some cases making the game totally unplayable for some people…….

atleast cryptic has gotten better about that…..but then again, cryptic have a beta dx11 code path in sto that gives a nice perf boost.

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

Oh what a difference!

Tiger Ashante.1792

OMG! Sorry Anet for blaming you for my troubles. It was my 8800GT card that was letting me down. I’ve been considering a new card for almost a year now but the above one was serving ok i thought. So I finally decided to upgrade to GTX680 and man! I’m seeing gw2 in all its glory for the first time. I’m running everything on max and its solved all my problems of low fps, lags, even broken sounds. I’m sooooo happy! I just thought i’d post that here to let you know and I’ve changed the title to reflect my new feeling.
Cheers!

Oh what a difference!

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

Tiger Ahante, glad to know that you have solved all your problems after upgrading your card. Enjoy the new Tyria!