Old gw1 account linked but hacked plz help

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TORATH.2431

TORATH.2431

Hello to whom It may concern

I sent some emails a couple weeks ago and over a year ago. About he guild wars one account that is linked to my gw2. I just started playing again finally getting over the disgust of having a 3-4 year old account 5 ish now hacked had ALOT on that account that is not my biggest problem tho I spent the last 8 months or so before release of gw2 on the HoM I had 38 out of 50 and enough stuff into invo to hit 45 no problem

Can I post the toons name on here to prove the HoM and the account he is from is linked toe now so really all I want is my HoM reward and ap points I worked so hard for them. Plz help

TORATH.2431

I should have mentioned I do not have the serial code for the any of the old gw1 disc but I have the email and password for the old account

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I am not sure if I am following you. Is your old GW1 account linked to your GW2 account? If you have the log in and password, are you able to log in? BTW, the login and password for your old GW1 account would be exactly the same as your GW2 account if you have been able to link them already. You said you sent emails, did support ever respond to you?

TORATH.2431

I will try and be detailed I stopped playing gw1 about 6 months or so before gw2 was released maybe longer. I planned on returning just before the lease to finish as much of HoM as possible. That did not happened and I missed the release date by months. However when I got gw2 and downloaded I was prompted to link so I tried to and when I went to log in was told account was hacked and banned because of that and could not access it I figured I would get it resolved or was a bug. Back track a little when I created my gw2 account the email is different cause I no long use the old email …. Should it matter? So I stopped playing for awhile and then figured let me get this resolved so I attempted to link took a couple try’s not remembering the password or correct email but I got it and it linked yay! No cause I go to HoM and there is nothing there. Yes I have sent emails to support with all the account info in the email was that a bad idea as well?
I got no response that I seen and I checked daily for about 3 weeks. Love the game I spend real money with no hesitation and count less hours of playing and helping the he community when I can but when I noticed ppl like gale gray actually responding to the forum figured my be someone up there can help. I am not asking for a hand out I just want the achivement point and rewards for where I was which was 38-39/50 not sure the was my main toon torath the healer. Hope this is help figure what I did wrong or just robbed. Plz help

Torath

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Well first, can you log in to GW1? You would now use the same email and password for GW1 as you use for GW2 and this website as once they are linked, all will use the same information. If you can log in to GW1, go to your HOM and speak to Kimmie the historian, change the view from character to account and back again then try to access your HOM in GW2. If the account was truly banned, then you would have to go through support.

TORATH.2431

Ok first thx for your time and I do not have the disc anymore for gw1. Which is y I do not have have the serial codes I will try and login with no disc and if I can not get this resolved this te around I do not think I will bother with support again did nothing for me the first couple times. I’ll post if your answer works once again thx a lot for your time

Torath

ShiningSquirrel.3751

You do not need the original disk, you can download and install the client from guildwars.com.
The same with the serial, all you need is your login and password, no serial needed to install.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

If you need assistance beyond that kindly offered by forum members, please don’t hesitate to contact Support. You can do that by clicking “Support” at the top of this page, then clicking “Submit a request” in the upper right-hand section of that linked page. The team should be able to assist you.

For tips on what information to provide in a ticket — mostly intended for security reasons to establish that you own the account — please read this post and provide as many suggested details as possible to expedite the ticket.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

TORATH.2431

Really cool gaile you are taking your time for this even if it just a sec or 2. Totally off subject but have to comment I read years back that you left arenanet and that they gave you the uber rare (only one)mini frog as a going away present. Do expect a comment but figured u might read this. Back to my problem I will do everything u guys have suggested unfortunatly my explorer is down ill go to the library if needed while I have Gaile’s attention. Will probly not be able to have a response today but as quickly as possible.
Thx again Gaile
Torath

TORATH.2431

Sry for extra post i ment lol do not expect a response to my silly questions that do not pretain to my gw1 account and my HoM.

TORATH.2431

Ok I just went out and bought factions gw1 to try and login all I am getting now is password incorrect. I just get more mad every time I try to get this fixed. Also having trouble sending the ticket. My explorer has been down so if I can not access it through my phoneaybe why I am not seeing the area to send a ticket. I am at the point now where it would be easier to just start over and maybe get some of the HoM I do jot think their is a way to fix my problem so just close this thread and ill stop complaining about it to ppl in gw2 I just need to get over it.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I really believe the team can help you with your account. Did you submit a ticket in GW2? If it has been three days, post it in Tickets for Review and I’ll include it in my sweep tomorrow!

P.S. Yes, I still have The Frog. He is my constant companion in Guild Wars. The only thing is, I never left! I only moved to a different position in the company, but it was sweet of them to give me a party, anyway.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

TORATH.2431

Thx again Gaile I have not sent a ticket coming to the conclusion I am lacking a lot of account proof I just want to come with everything I can to fix this issue I think I my have made a mistake or 2 while trying to link. So am currently recovering the old email password and try to login gw1 a couple more times.

I apologize to anet for making my lack of account proof and lack really knowing how to take care of this the right way out to be their fault when it is not at all.

I am going to the library tomarrow to submit the ticket and wait XD

Previous

Gaile Gray

Thx again Gaile I have not sent a ticket coming to the conclusion I am lacking a lot of account proof I just want to come with everything I can to fix this issue I think I my have made a mistake or 2 while trying to link. So am currently recovering the old email password and try to login gw1 a couple more times.

I apologize to anet for making my lack of account proof and lack really knowing how to take care of this the right way out to be their fault when it is not at all.

I am going to the library tomarrow to submit the ticket and wait XD

Thanks for your note, Torvath. I am glad that progress is happening, and I know we’ll do our best to help you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet