Optical Audio 5.1? How?

Optical Audio 5.1? How?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

Q:

Greetings!

So the story is long, but i try to make it short :

I changes Motherboard to a Ashrock 990Fx extreme3.
It has an optical out (it was inportant to me) so i can plug in my Samsung 5.1 i used before my older Motherboard went crap.

The Service installed windows8.1 on the pc, and wrked fine, but somehow sound was not working. When i finally got it working (dont remember how, or what i did exacly) it only had option to change volume and balance as stereo. I realized when i switch to “speaker” as active out it has volume control for 5.1, but there is no sound since that must be the non optical out. (there would be sound, if i had non optical plugged in)

The other Option is Realtek Digital Output, has only volume control for stereo. When i chose that one i have stereo sound, trough only optical is plugged in…so it must be the optical out? Why is it stereo only?

I dont even see any other option. I alredy reinstalled my pc to windows 7 and the problem is the same.
I installed Motherboard drivers, the new video card drivers, even downloaded the last driver from realtek site. And nothing….

i still remember when i had my old motherboard i had option to change volume at balance settings in windows control panel – sound. And could change playback to dolby digital and 5.1 at Realtek Hd audio manager..

PLEASE HELP!
I am struggling with this for 2 days almost 20 hours by now. And there is nothing on the web((((((
Thank you and sorry for my terrible english.

Or could anyone atleast suggest a place where i can mention or ask this question?

(edited by Nekroseth.5186)

Optical Audio 5.1? How?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

Update on this :
I managed to test the Speakers with testing “supported formats” 1 by 1 DTS and Doby, and it does work in 5.1. Atleast i hear it tests all the Speakers.
When i test the Realtek Digital Output icon it still tests only stereo. As i see it wont even tryes to test the other speakers, so i assume its stereo by default?

I really dont know what to do anymore. No one could suggest anything on other forums like harware pro or chip magazine or any place i did try.
Anyone suggestions?
Here are the pictures i made, you its more clear what i am speaking about.

Attachments: