Overheating since patch(es)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Could you guys optimise your clients please? No other game than Guild Wars is destroying my computer due to constant overheating as of late. I’m not sure what you did, but please undo or redo it differently because I’m not willing to throw out money I don’t have on new hardware just to play your game.

I run Win 8.1 x64 on a laptop w/ Core i5-5200U, 16 GB RAM, GeForce 940M

(edited by Inoki.6048)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

1. Windows 8.1 is bad.

2. It’s not a gaming laptop, and you can’t tell me that other demanding 3D applications won’t also overheat your system. What else do you play?

3. Try to find a better cooling solution for your laptop. There are several on the market.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The problem with laptops and gaming is the lack of air space in them means that it takes a lot more work to keep them cool than it does for a desktop with a standard or larger sized case.

Just think about it:

Does a hot summer day with a decent breeze feel worse or better when you’re in the middle a large crowd of people that all give off their own body heat vs being in a wide open space?

It feels worse in the crowd because the cooling effects of the breeze don’t reach the middle of a large crowd of people as well as they do when you’re in a wide open space.

So the fans in your laptop have probably been working pretty hard while playing games. And it’s coincidence that their performance has gone down at the same time as a patch. So if your laptop is decently old, and it probably is given the OS, then it could just be wear and tear on the fans.

Also, how’s the temperature in your own house been lately? Warmer than usual?

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Could you guys optimise your clients please? No other game than Guild Wars is destroying my computer due to constant overheating as of late.

The client is optimized whether you believe it or not. Many games are much smaller in scope than normal mmorpg. MMORPG are literally one of the hardest pieces of software in the industry as a whole. I am guessing it is eating both cpu and gpu at the same time

I’m not sure what you did, but please undo or redo it differently because I’m not willing to throw out money I don’t have on new hardware just to play your game.

I run Win 8.1 x64 on a laptop w/ Core i5-5200U, 16 GB RAM, GeForce 940M

so what are your temps? laptop model? I am wondering if the paste have dried out?