PC Build reality check needed

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gandalf.2307

Gandalf.2307

Good day!

Could someone take a look at my proposed build and take a look at the questions posted?

Thanks!

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/3ss97z/build_help/

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

No such thing as future proof, because to say “future proof” is to say that you are now no longer affected by possible future events. However the proper term is to say “future relevant hardware” because into the near future, your hardware is relevant to the current technologies being deployed into the gaming market place. World of Warcraft does upgrade their engine to utilize newer technologies, but it’s not as if they are doing it regularly, you should be okay there. Guild Wars 2 is the same, but again, I don’t think people have to worry too much about their machine working today, but tomorrow, or maybe next year, not good enough. For both games, if your current pc can do it now, it will do it later too.

Your parts you suggested, if you can do that, or better, you are doing really well, especially if you assemble the pc yourself, which is easy to do, as long as the parts are compatible.

Words of wisdom, don’t cheapen out on the power supply. Go for a 980 for 4 gigs of vram, games will commonly start using that, and unless you just want to stick with Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft, you will want 4 gigs of vram. And how much more does it really cost?

You can get a micro ATX case, but check out ones that reviewers have shown on youtube, and see if there is one that fits your needs and space requirements. If that helps with confidence.

I recommend at least a cheap SSD for Windows and you could run Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft off it as well. Then just get a HDD for general storage. If you can’t do the SSD now, just get one later when you can afford it, and mirror windows OS over to the new drive, or install it there.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.