PC crash during patch...

PC crash during patch...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

As stated in title, my PC decided to crash during the most recent patch, just about 15 minutes ago. After i booted it up again, upon starting up the client, i got a window telling me that the Guild Wars 2 Dara Archive was being repaired…after about 5minutes, it went back to the Login/Splash Screen, and started patching…..250,000 files!!! I’m assuming this isnt the size of the latest patch…

I really dont want to sit and watch it download for hours and hours….what can be done? Clearly it doesn’t make sense to be re-downloading the entire game again!

PC crash during patch...

Mario Lemieux.9107

Well, i just had an idea. I have backups of everything on my PC, so I’ll restore the .dat file to an earlier version, of last week. Hopefully once thats done, ill just need to do today’s patch and that’ll be that.

PC crash during patch...

Mario Lemieux.9107

This seems to have fixed the issue. Don’t know if anyone else had this problem, but this could be useful to others if this problem ever comes up.

PC crash during patch...

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

This seems to have fixed the issue. Don’t know if anyone else had this problem, but this could be useful to others if this problem ever comes up.

Yeah, if something happened unplanned to the computer, as in a crash or a power outage, while Guild Wars 2 is updating…the gw2.dat file will corrupt and have to be downloaded again. Unlike most people though, you were smart enough to already have a back up in place to be dropped in for situations like this, so A+ for you.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]