Password Changed - no email

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

This is the second time ive had this happen.

I have full virus protection, computer maintenance programs, google authenticator, AND an ip check in case someone tries to log into my account or change my password from ANYWHERE else.

and yet twice ive tried logging in to find my password doesnt work anymore!!! The first time (at least a month ago) I crashed in the middle of a eotm run and when I tried to log in, it said my password was different. This time I just tried logging in after work, and my password didnt work. Both times I simply changed it and everything worked perfectly. I have nothing missing from my account from what I can see. all of my characters are in the same spots, etc.

Ive run scans on my computer and everything. And yet AGAIN this has happened. What the heck is going on? If someone tried to change my password , they would need to get into my email (and ive checked my activity there too, all normal.) if they tried to log into my account they’d get blocked and I would be notified via email (this has happened before, I got emails warning me that someone from beijing tried to get in and they were blocked.) And my authenticator works as well. Ive used it at a friends house before who has a different I.P than me and it requested the code.

and if they DID change my password after getting through all THIS ^ stuff, why wouldnt they take anything?

Someone please tell me how on earth they could get through all of this protection. Or if this is just some weird-kitten program glitch. It seems impossible to me that anyone could change my password without me being notified in ANY way.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may have the pasword-change bug/glitch that was around a few months ago. Do you ever log onto the forums using and iOS software? iPad, iPhone, etc?

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

You may have the pasword-change bug/glitch that was around a few months ago. Do you ever log onto the forums using and iOS software? iPad, iPhone, etc?

Nope, ive never logged into the forums from anywhere but my personal comp. Interesting to hear about this bug though. I’ll have to look into that.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I had this bug for awhile. It was making me get a new password once or twice a day.

I did read one theory that it was caused by a corrupted email password.

Posted by: TEKnowledgy.1760

TEKnowledgy.1760

He may have a compromised email I’m tell you this I was hacked email compromised I never got email or i didn’t think so I got to digging found the emails in my trash bin Korean hacker didn’t know he needed to purge the trash bin before thy was deleted.
So i got lucky he wasn’t as smart as he thought he was also he didn’t remove my IP range from the account so I was still able to retake my account but he had already done the damage to me (stole everything and was using my account for his illegal well against tos needs) as i didn’t find out i was hacked until 5 days after his intrusion as I don’t play GW2 daily i play for moth or 2 then i take a break.
Just because you havn’t lost your items though don’t mean he can’t or might have got to it before he had the chance because he got me may 26th but from what i ould tell he didn’t do any damage until may 27th from what i seen in the auction house logs where he sold my bags. I never could get logged back in after that as he stayed logged in to my account constantly.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, yes, OP is aware of that. But there are and have been other reasons for password problems, and we are making him cognizant of those facts. It is rare that there is no damage to the account after a month, though not completely unheard of.

I tried to find the pertinent thread, but not much luck.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yes, yes, OP is aware of that. But there are and have been other reasons for password problems, and we are making him cognizant of those facts. It is rare that there is no damage to the account after a month, though not completely unheard of.

I tried to find the pertinent thread, but not much luck.

This might be it, error 11.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Don’t think that’s the original long thread about it, but it will certainly suffice. Thanks so much. =)