Password reset taking days is unacceptable

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: CursedShaitan.9720

CursedShaitan.9720

I bought an account and built a gaming computer better than my own so i could get my girlfriend to play with me in November. She was swamped with work though and wanted to wait until the new year to start playing. A few days ago we used the only password she has ever used for the past 2 years and the same one we though we picked for her account and its not working. She can’t log into the game. We never created a character so the reset form is useless to us. We’ve sent several(2) support tickets and 2 days later not so much as a response(human response that is). Not in the email i sent the ticket from, not in her email the account is registered too. Not in any folder or spam filter anywhere. At this point shes threatening to not play at all even if it gets sorted. I’d like a chance to convince her otherwise but at this rate its looking grim.

(edited by CursedShaitan.9720)

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

Never send in more then one ticket, that is a sure way of slowing down the process.

Also, you don’t actually explain what the problem is. Is she using the right info to log in, as in email and password, not username and password. Can she log into the forum?

If your ticket is older then 3 days, post the number in the sticky on the front page of this forum to have it looked at.

CursedShaitan.9720

She can’t log into the game, with her email address and password. We registered the serial with her email address on the 11th of Novemeber and then logged out. We don’t remember the random numbers at the end of her account name anyways because we only looked at it for a split second. She can’t log into the forums either. Its been 2 days, I sent the second one after 12 hours which was already 10 hours longer than acceptable. It won’t matter on the third day because she plans to buy a new game and start tonight if she gets no response. If the support team is under staffed i feel bad for them but that doesn’t excuse the problem. Waiting more than a few hours to get a response for a password reset is positively insane.

SandraSolace.7682

Unfortunately you are not the only one submitting a ticket. Support does it’s best.

Then there are the problems with some email providers not accepting email from Anet.

All in all it comes down to patience.

CursedShaitan.9720

I understand that there are many time many people submitting tickets, I understand support may be doing their best with the resources they have but ultimately its ANETS job to staff their support team adequately enough to respond to the volume of support requests they get. If the volume of computers coming into my shop climbs, and I suddenly can’t maintain a maximum turn around of two days I hire more people because the INDUSTRY has set a standard of expectation and I would lose business if i made excuses as to why i cant meet that standard. Even if its unfair that my small 4 man operation is expected to perform on par with companies thousands times bigger I do because its my only choice. Even if it means eating some of my personal profit to hire that person or having to spend eternity digging through the budget to afford it. Customer support is the WORST PLACE to be penny pinching. Im not asking for the impossible, i’m asking for the bare minimum and its not even being close to getting met. Maybe you don’t remember what its like resetting a password in other games because its so fast and simple there was nothing to remember. Its a totally different experience i promise you.

SandraSolace.7682

I understand you are frustrated, but the forum cant help with this.

But your reasoning isn’t completely fair either. Support does work hard and at all hours. This is just the way it is.

CursedShaitan.9720

To make it clear, I don’t blame those working in support. Its not their fault they are under equiped. It is their managements fault.