Patch download failure.

Patch download failure.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: EvanTeicheira

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

Will this also work for the Mac peeps who were also experiencing this issue?

If it does not, please submit a ticket to the customer support team at https://en.support.guildwars2.com/, including a -log file, if possible.

ArenaNet QA Team

Patch download failure.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Thank you for responding, I’ll post this over in the Mac forums for those who still might need help.

Patch download failure.

Posted by: Gabriel.8905

Gabriel.8905

I’m stuck at Files Remaining: 8. I cant patch the client it says “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying” Fire wall and anti virus is turned off btw. Please Help.

Patch download failure.

Posted by: Wreckreator.8061

Wreckreator.8061

I’m stuck at Files Remaining: 8. I cant patch the client it says “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying” Fire wall and anti virus is turned off btw. Please Help.

Im also having the same problems. Every time i downloaded about 10-12mb i get a connection error

Patch download failure.

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Same exact problem has Gabriel and Wreckreator, "Connection error(s) detected. Retrying” on the 8th remaining file.
Never had a “Connection Error” problem with the launcher before the April 30th update,during that patch i had many “Connection Error” messages appear but it always “reconnected” after a few minutes..this 8th file(of yesterdays patch) is somewhat more stubborn.
I let it sit over night “Reconnecting” and when i woke up it still had the "Connection error(s) detected. Retrying” message,so i restarted the client and its STILL on that 8th file!

Whatever you did to the launcher on the 30th please un-do it!

Attachments:

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

Patch download failure.

Posted by: malau.7951

malau.7951

Same problem!! Glad to know I’m not the only one

Patch download failure.

malau.7951

No help? anyone… I’m still unable to play gw2 and MrFayth already posted his log

Patch download failure.

MrFayth.3546

No help? anyone… I’m still unable to play gw2 and MrFayth already posted his log

I too am still unable to get the last 8 files downloaded,i suspect it will be monday before we get any official word.
Even then it more than likely wont be helpful.
Something was changed with the launcher with the April 30th update and untill we get an official technician to look into it,im not sure we can be helped.

Patch download failure.

Posted by: Aevic.9675

Aevic.9675

I’m still stuck at 0% after days of not being able to update. I’m about to just uninstall the game since I rarely play it anyway and on top of that I can’t even update the launcher. Just a waste of hard drive space on my computer.

Patch download failure.

malau.7951

3 days now…..

Patch download failure.

Kyllaa.1385

File a ticket, then come back here and post your solution for those still having issues.

Patch download failure.

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

Same exact problem has Gabriel and Wreckreator, "Connection error(s) detected. Retrying” on the 8th remaining file.
Never had a “Connection Error” problem with the launcher before the April 30th update,during that patch i had many “Connection Error” messages appear but it always “reconnected” after a few minutes..this 8th file(of yesterdays patch) is somewhat more stubborn.
I let it sit over night “Reconnecting” and when i woke up it still had the "Connection error(s) detected. Retrying” message,so i restarted the client and its STILL on that 8th file!

Whatever you did to the launcher on the 30th please un-do it!

Hey MrFayth. Thank you for submitting a -log file for review! I’ve been asked to confirm that you did leave the client open for at least 10 minutes (uninterrupted) while trying to download the file. If you would be so kind, could you run the game with the -log flag for at least 10 minutes, then provide us with the new file so we can take another look at the information it provides?

Thanks again!

ArenaNet QA Team

Patch download failure.

MrFayth.3546

Heres another log i just made from 2:45 to 3pm
Looks exactly the same though.

Attachments:

Patch download failure.

Gabriel.8905

Now that theres a new patch, im having the patch connection issue again. stuck at 8th file. Whatever you did to the launcher on the 30th please un-do it. I usually dont have any problems patching not until that day.

Patch download failure.

malau.7951

I still can’t even go past the 8th file from the patch on friday, its been 6 days, I haven’t filed a ticket since MrFayth has the same problem as I have and he already has his log up there

Patch download failure.

Previous

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Thanks for bearing with us, everyone, and for providing additional information to help the programming team as they work to address the issue. To those who have not already generated a -log file, please take the time to do so and attach it to your post (as this may help to verify the source of the issue, or highlight a separate problem that needs to be investigated).

To everyone experiencing this issue, we would appreciate it if you also took the time to generate and provide us with the following information:

• Network diagnostics, such as those provided from this site: http://measurementlab.net/run-ndt. Once you have obtained this information, please copy/paste this information into a Notepad document or directly into the body of your post. Please be sure to include all of the data, including the ‘details’ and ‘advanced’ output from the tool.
  • Your machine specifications. You can gather this information by running the ‘dxdiag’ command, or can append your client shortcut’s target line with the -diag flag (as you did with -log). The -diag command may take a few minutes to complete, but will generate a comprehensive file to send our way.
  • A screenshot of the download hang: we would like to see what you see when you get stuck.

These documents will help us immensely as we work towards a fix. Thank you, again, for your patience, and for helping provide this information.

ArenaNet QA Team

(edited by EvanTeicheira.3962)

Patch download failure.

malau.7951

Here are both the dxdiag and the details from the website supplied, I get stucked downloading on the 8th file saying connection error… retrying.

Patch download failure.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

malau.7951 -

Something is interfering with the GW2’s ability to access the network.

I recommend starting with a clean boot:

http://www.forumswindows8.com/tutorials/windows-8-tutorials-how-performance-clean-boot-windows-8-a-8390.htm

Also, try disabling your firewall or network security software (you may even need to temporarily uninstall it). Either way, something is blocking GW2.

Patch download failure.

Gabriel.8905

Heres mine. Im stuck 5 files remaining. Will be appreciate if someone can help me figure this out. I tried disabling my firewall and Anti Virus.

Patch download failure.

malau.7951

malau.7951 -

Something is interfering with the GW2’s ability to access the network.

I recommend starting with a clean boot:

http://www.forumswindows8.com/tutorials/windows-8-tutorials-how-performance-clean-boot-windows-8-a-8390.htm

Also, try disabling your firewall or network security software (you may even need to temporarily uninstall it). Either way, something is blocking GW2.

Thanks for the advice, however even after I clean booted and uninstalled my network security, I still can’t get past the 8th file without the message “connection error… Retrying” showing up.
I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the new patch sinced I have never had this problem before with other patches from gw2, plus I don’t think its probable that more than 1 person is having the same issue because our computers are malfunctioning on the same date.

Patch download failure.

malau.7951

My computer is new, just bought it in february and has been running the game without any errors until this patch that occured on friday

Patch download failure.

Posted by: Roman.6930

Roman.6930

Guys, you’re not alone. I’ve got the same problem. Really glad to know, that I’m not the only one. Thank you ArenaNet for corrupting our launcher! >:3

Patch download failure.

Aevic.9675

Is this going to be fixed soon? It’s been days now

Patch download failure.

malau.7951

What the hell it has been more than a week now

Patch download failure.

Aevic.9675

I finally got it to finish after leaving it open for a while. I still don’t get what was causing it.

Patch download failure.

MrFayth.3546

I finally got it to finish after leaving it open for a while. I still don’t get what was causing it.

Same,I left the launcher on all night again(3rd time i believe). When i woke up it was “Disconnected,retrying” so i restarted the launcher and it had 4 files remaining instead of 8,after that it downloaded normally.

Patch download failure.

malau.7951

It seems it’s fixed now, It fully downloaded the patch without the “connection error.. Retrying” appearing. If it was solved due to someone, thank you

Patch download failure.

Posted by: FuzzyNumNum.9527

FuzzyNumNum.9527

So people still having problems? I’m still having the issue and I’m stuck at 20 files remaining, been like this for over a week, didn’t even get the chance to even try weapons facility

Patch download failure.

Posted by: darkhalf.5438

darkhalf.5438

Having the same issue as everyone else in this thread. A quick google search brought me here. I haven’t patched in awhile, but now its stuck on the last file 1KB and won’t download.

As per instructions here I am going to leave the client up and see if that works. I also tried a gw2.exe -repair and that didn’t help.

Patch download failure.

Posted by: darkhalf.5438

darkhalf.5438

Fixed now. Waited and good to go.

Thanks

Patch download failure.

Posted by: mazdaman.5193

mazdaman.5193

so big surprise im also having this issue . granted i just bought the game and this was my first download . its is pretty frustrating to pay the money for the game then wait the time it takes to download just to see that one.. one file wont download haha i have also turned my firewall off for this file.. can anyone help?

Patch download failure.

Kyllaa.1385

Changing the language to French or German in the top right corner has been working for some experiencing this issue. You can change it back after the download completes.

It will redownload unfortunately, but many have confirmed that it works.

Patch download failure.

Posted by: UkiShiro.2803

UkiShiro.2803

I only have this problem when i trie to patch gw2 while using a UMTS Stick.
But i have a work around while the general problem is not fixed.

Step 1: Load all Datas up to 99% (1-3 files remaining)

Step 2: Use a VPN freeware software solution to get a new identity

Step 3: Restart the launcher
" Now you are not connected to gw2 update Servers directly. You will send your request to the VPN Server and this Server will get the Data without problem from the update server and deliver to you. "

Step 4: Shut down the VPN software

Step 5: Enjoy playing GW 2

So it seems that the problem is the conection to the update server, not the client itself. Maybe the last file is stored on a central update server, while all other Datas can be loaded from other Servers and there is a problem with a special DNS Server, so the client can’t connect to this special server?

i hope you excuse my bad english and this solution will help some other players while waiting for a working fix.

Patch download failure.

Posted by: bgibbs.7918

bgibbs.7918

I am also having this issue. VERY FRUSTRATING

Patch download failure.

Kyllaa.1385

Try the suggested fixes.

Patch download failure.

Posted by: Taterazay.1054

Taterazay.1054

So for the past three days I’ve had this same issue as you guys did almost a year ago haha xD My patcher will have a solid, strong connection and all of a sudden will kick out and I’ll get the “Connection error… Retrying”. This can be fixed by constantly restarting the client until I get to the last file (This takes hours) then I get the “Connection error…. Retrying” before it even manages to connect… The funny thing is, my internet is in perfect shape and I’m even signed into the launcher… Any help? As I’m writing this I’m generating my log so I’ll post that up when it is done.

I’m running Windows 8.1 64-bit on an ACER Predator, no firewall or AntiVirus is running at the time of this writing. Pls HALP haha

PS. I’ve tried every single fix I’ve managed to find on the internet for this issue!

Cheers,
Taterazay

(edited by Taterazay.1054)

Patch download failure.

Posted by: JeckaD.1083

JeckaD.1083

I’m having this issue now! Can’t seem to repair it.

Already tried different methods:

*Complete reinstall
*Changing Language
*Deleting local.dat

Still stuck at 1 file remaining.

Anyone knows what else I’m missing?

Regards,