Perfomance issues on GTX 970

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Heinhain.2863

Heinhain.2863

Good day everyone!
For a couple of years i was playing GW2 and everything was perfect (hight/ultra settings) on my PC:
AMD FX8350 (OC 4.4Ghz)
ATI HD7870
16Gb RAM
But since i switched my VC to Nvidia GTX970 GW2 is running with about 30 FPS with ‘best performance’ preset (everything off/low).
What i already did:
- all tweaks with Nvidia Control Panel
- different settings
- reinstalling OS
- switching PCI slots
- followed anet support (until they stop answer)
- x64-beta client
- other thing i could fing in forums
GW2 is the only game with such a problems – any other game works perfect with 100% GPU usage. GW2 is using 100% GPU and about 25-30% all processor cores.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Not going to help you much but I have that card on an i7-2700k with 8Gb with settings maxed on 1920×1200 and don’t have an FPS issue, though I rarely bother discovering the FPS number unless I see frame issues.

Posted by: Shuai.7435

Shuai.7435

…You reinstalled your OS before installing/re-installing your graphics drivers…

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

You could try wiping your video drivers completely and then installing new ones. This actually helped me once before for this game.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Ozymandias.3295

Ozymandias.3295

Sadly, the bottleneck isn’t our graphics cards, its our CPU (my config is almost identical to yours). GW2 is GPU lite and CPU dependent – it will likely not use more than 50% of a single core, and you will still get shoddy FPS.. the only way to improve it (that I have found) is to reduce the number of characters that are drawn to the lowest setting. Doing that seems to kick everything into high gear.

Guild Wars veteran player.. a Guild Warrior since April 26 2005

Heinhain.2863

Sadly, the bottleneck isn’t our graphics cards, its our CPU (my config is almost identical to yours). GW2 is GPU lite and CPU dependent – it will likely not use more than 50% of a single core, and you will still get shoddy FPS.. the only way to improve it (that I have found) is to reduce the number of characters that are drawn to the lowest setting. Doing that seems to kick everything into high gear.

Pointless.Everything starts from installing new GPU. Performance was excelent with 8350 + 7870.

As for drivers e.t.c. – ofcource i tried to re-install, clear driver installation and so on. No results.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Are you running SLI? Doesn’t appear so, GW2 runs like a dog with SLI, at least it used to? GW2 tends to have “unique” issues for some of us lucky few. Does it do the same thing with the 32-bit client?

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

I have zero issues with my 970 GTX.

Heinhain.2863

Are you running SLI? Doesn’t appear so, GW2 runs like a dog with SLI, at least it used to? GW2 tends to have “unique” issues for some of us lucky few. Does it do the same thing with the 32-bit client?

I have only 1 GPU, so there is no SLI