Performance Comparison! Everyone join!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Oatz.5487

Oatz.5487

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to begin a thread on performance! I know there is probably a lot already, but by scrolling through the forums posts I haven’t seen any recent ones. So leave your system model, specifications and your fps. I personally am running a RMBP 13’’ late 2013 model. I have 8gb RAM and a 2.4Ghz to 2.9Ghz i5 (Along with Iris integrated graphics, or HD 5100, whatever) and average about 30fps in PvE zones (Lower in cities) and about 25fps on best appearance settings with reflections and shadows turned down. However there is little difference in fps between max and lowest settings.

~Oats

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

I have same configuration as you.

Anyway I just love shadow and reflections so my setting are about medium setting (something low, something high, something medium XD) and I use the frame limiter at 30FPS. Every time i have 30fps, cities and area with a lot of people and effects 20/25fps.

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

late 2013 imac 27"
3.5GHz intel quad-core i7
16GB RAM
Geforce GTX 780M 4GB
Fusion drive

my settings are attached. game runs perfectly smooth with the exception of loading into crowded areas like LA. fps drops a bit but not really a big deal. used to run with more high options but doesn’t really make a difference. i used to crash with those settings at tequatl constantly until i started to just choose the best performance preset for that event only. never crashed with that except once when i only had character model limit to low instead of lowest.

i upgraded to mavericks recently and i’m not 100% sure but i think the game is running smoother now. definately got rid of this issue i had with flickering UI but i can’t be certain it’s because of mavericks or because i reset my home folder permissions and all that.

Attachments:

Embrace the darkness..

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I have a late 2012 iMac 27"
3.4GHz intel quad core i7
8 GB Ram
GeForce GTX 60MX 3048 MB
OSx 10.9.1

I have copied your settings J Night. I will see how I go.

I have recently transferred to a much busier server and find that I have to lower the graphics at most big boss events or the game crashes. I just change to ‘best performance’ for the duration of the event.

I too have noticed I no longer get that annoying UI flicker. Not sure if it is Mavericks or one of the patches. BLTC still finicky though. Mostly it loads except when I really want to buy something

(edited by Figlilly.3907)

J Night.3468

ahh, so the flickering wasn’t just me. it’s weird though because i just got this imac and i’ve been playing gw2 on my early 2011 macbook pro (1080p monitor) and i never came across that bug. but yea, those settings should run smooth on your mac. i’ve tried them on it before and there was no lag at all…. at claw of jormag. on desolation. ;p

Embrace the darkness..

Posted by: Emily.1985

Emily.1985

Early 2011 Macbook Pro 15.4"
2 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radon HD 6490M 256 MB
OS X 10.9 (13A603)

I attached an in-game screenshot of my graphics… I usually get like 25-35 fps in L.A.
Never have lag anywhere which is nice. And the game look great on these low settings, too, so I’m not really complaining. I mean it would be nice to see the textures everywhere but it’s not that bad…

Attachments:

J Night.3468

everything’s so loooow emily lol. kinda been there before. can’t go back now that i’m with an imac. ;3

Embrace the darkness..

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

@J Night. I keep meaning to come back to thank you for your settings which I copied and which work beautifully for me,. I no longer have to lower my graphics settings at big boss events which I used to do before. Life is so much easier Thank you.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

I have Macbook Pro from 2012 – JUST BEFORE RETINA CAME OUT :@ and have 4GB Ram. I have to run on lowest setting or else it just FPS drops below 0

Posted by: Cyndapants.3018

Cyndapants.3018

Might as well put this here as a warning to anyone else with a mac like mine:

MacBook Air
11-inch, Late 2010
1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Even with everything on low, I get about 15fps max, in a map on my own. I’ve given up with WvW, where I get less than 1fps at times and even big world bosses make my computer really struggle.

(Please don’t tell me that I shouldn’t be running GW2 on a computer with these specs, I know and am saving up for a better PC)

Posted by: Sylar.6802

Sylar.6802

Is there anyone who has the Late 2013 Retina 15" MBP, but without the 750M Nvidia card in it. So just with the integrated Iris Pro (5200) card?

I am so wondering how the performance is , with this “basic” 15".
Is this decent, and perhaps a little better compared to the 13" models, with the normal Iris graphics inside.

Posted by: Bistouri.6038

Bistouri.6038

I’ve basically cranked all the graphics setting up (except for shadows), and I’m pleased to report GW2 looks stellar with FPS consistently in the high 50s, more (around 70+) if nothing much is happening onscreen. Specs are in my sig.

27" iMac, 3.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, OS 10.10.1

(edited by Bistouri.6038)