Performance issues

Performance issues

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

Hey guys i today downloaded GW2 (decided to try it again before I buy HOT) and the performance was horrific… Even on low to med settings
Current spec:
Amd athlon X4 845 (3.5ghz goes up to 3.8)
EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+
4 gigs of ram
MB: FM2A68M-DG3+
kingston SSD drive (ware the game is located)
win 10 64bit

Am not sure whats the issue here…
Not to mention that a year ago i was running this Spec and it ran on med around 40 in LA and 30 in WWW and 60 in smaller zones and Fractals
intel pentium G620 2.6 ghz 2cores
ati radeon 7770 hd 1gb
4gigs of ram
win 7
and the game was on a hdd

help me out please, thanks

Performance issues

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Ensure that your GPU is in slot closest to the CPU and running at 16×. It’s been a fairly common problem here and although it doesn’t affect other games much, GW2 really doesn’t like it.

Some people have had issues with NVidia’s latest drivers. You may want to try some older versions.

If your system drive is full (< 1GB), it can greatly reduce performance as Windows tries to compensate.

Performance issues

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

@ RandomWolf what y wanna achieve??
Stating such a thing is in no use (certainly if you do it in different topics).
The game is designed in directx9, so probably they have to stick with it unless they make a new engine for GW3, if they change it now a lot of people will be complaining.
Seeing what they achieve with this engine i would say nice done.
Now most of the problems are not game related, i can’t say any about amd as i never used it. But what i can say is that on most, even old systems, you can achieve an acceptable framerate compared to other games.
If you can’t, most of the time it is hardware, bad drivers, wrong settings, bad connection, overheating, etc..
As for op nice name, but as slang abbreviation i would pick another one unless y trolling. “wb” “fy” “tw”?

edit: just for Wolf, and if you care, read my previous posts, i helped several. So again stating what you do, doesn’t help op. (But then again op was also complaining 2 years ago with his old system.)
Same topics come again and again, solutions are offered, some people do their best to help other’s but they have to say the same thing again and at the end they give up.
And then people like you come for what? If you are not happy, leave the game.
If you want to post here, help them.
Gw2 is not the only game were people have issues, compared to the amount of post here i think they do a good job. If you have a problem which can’t be solved in forum contact them, they will be happy to help you.

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

Performance issues

Posted by: wbfytw.4265

wbfytw.4265

@ RandomWolf what y wanna achieve??
Stating such a thing is in no use (certainly if you do it in different topics).
The game is designed in directx9, so probably they have to stick with it unless they make a new engine for GW3, if they change it now a lot of people will be complaining.
Seeing what they achieve with this engine i would say nice done.
Now most of the problems are not game related, i can’t say any about amd as i never used it. But what i can say is that on most, even old systems, you can achieve an acceptable framerate compared to other games.
If you can’t, most of the time it is hardware, bad drivers, wrong settings, bad connection, overheating, etc..
As for op nice name, but as slang abbreviation i would pick another one unless y trolling. “wb” “fy” “tw”?

edit: just for Wolf, and if you care, read my previous posts, i helped several. So again stating what you do, doesn’t help op. (But then again op was also complaining 2 years ago with his old system.)
Same topics come again and again, solutions are offered, some people do their best to help other’s but they have to say the same thing again and at the end they give up.
And then people like you come for what? If you are not happy, leave the game.
If you want to post here, help them.
Gw2 is not the only game were people have issues, compared to the amount of post here i think they do a good job. If you have a problem which can’t be solved in forum contact them, they will be happy to help you.

Yes indeed I asked this question several times because i loved guild wars 2
and i want to love it again but 24-30 fps wont cut it my system runs Witcher 3 on ultra with 35 and kitten (some times 60+) on high.. And i keep asking because non of the solutions work.
as for the name it stands for does not concern you.

Performance issues

Posted by: Sako.7609

Sako.7609

I have noticed that AMD processors tend to get worse performance (atleast in GW2) than Intel ones.

Guild Wars 2 is VERY cpu dependent (and poorly optimized) game. I have Intel i5 4670k and I recently upgraded my GTX 960 to GTX 1060, and I did not gain a single FPS better performance than before.

The only suggest I can give you is to upgrade your hardware, mainly motherboard, processor and RAM for much smoother performance.

Performance issues

Posted by: sirsquishy.2619

sirsquishy.2619

Yes indeed I asked this question several times because i loved guild wars 2
and i want to love it again but 24-30 fps wont cut it my system runs Witcher 3 on ultra with 35 and kitten (some times 60+) on high.. And i keep asking because non of the solutions work.
as for the name it stands for does not concern you.

The issue is your Processor. It is not fast enough for the game in its current state.

the only thing you can do is lower all the settings to medium or low, and run Character Limit on Lowest, turn off Post Processing Effects and disable Shadows.

Your hardware is from 2008-2009, its time to upgrade.

Performance issues

Posted by: sirsquishy.2619

sirsquishy.2619

I have noticed that AMD processors tend to get worse performance (atleast in GW2) than Intel ones.

Guild Wars 2 is VERY cpu dependent (and poorly optimized) game. I have Intel i5 4670k and I recently upgraded my GTX 960 to GTX 1060, and I did not gain a single FPS better performance than before.

The only suggest I can give you is to upgrade your hardware, mainly motherboard, processor and RAM for much smoother performance.

If you run the game at 1080p or a lessor Resolution that would explain why the 960 to 1060 didnt help much. But Ill bet you were not running the game on max settings on the 960 though. with the 1060 you can (its faster then a GTX980), and not lose performance. You still need to turn down Character Limit settings to Medium, Low, or Lowest depending on the zone and population around you for best performance.