Perks from being beta tester

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ShineyFighter.4018

ShineyFighter.4018

Games master Zoey requested I post this issue on the forums.

I was a beta tester for Guildwars2 but because of account issues linking my GW1 account to my GW2 my beta account was forfeit & removed to my knowledge.

I ask the Guildwars2 Games masters if it would be possible to have my beta perks on my account that I am using instead please?

Yours sinisterly Shiney.

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

wait… what beta perks?

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hope you aren’t breaking your non-disclosure commitment. Regardless, this is something that only speaking to Customer Support would solve. Thus, you would need to submit a ticket. Good luck. =)

Posted by: DjC.7039

DjC.7039

Well I played in Open Beta, and there was no perks associated with that, so I assume you are talking about perks given to those who participated in Closed Beta testing (which I haven’t been able to find anything about perks-wise, so presumably they ANet don’t want anyone knowing those people got perks).
But as said above, best bet is to send in a support ticket:
How to submit a ticket

Guild Organiser – Reunited Ronins [RR]
Guild Forum / Facebook Group Page
Lvl 80 Guardian(x2), Ranger, Warrior, Elementalist, Engineer, Necromancer, Mesmer, Thief.

Posted by: Veeber.3192

Veeber.3192

The only perks in the beta was testing things. The free gems were to test the system only in the beta.

The only perks that I can think of is those from linking accounts, which I think you could link during the beta.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Games master Zoey requested I post this issue on the forums.

I was a beta tester for Guildwars2 but because of account issues linking my GW1 account to my GW2 my beta account was forfeit & removed to my knowledge.

I ask the Guildwars2 Games masters if it would be possible to have my beta perks on my account that I am using instead please?

Yours sinisterly Shiney.

I assume that with game master you mean an arenanet employee. As far as I know the only way to get in touch with GM’s is through a support ticket.

So I would advise to update your post with your 12 digit support ticket number. The most common reason for a GM or support agent to advise this is cause they can’t help you and you still disagree with the solution. This means you can ask an arenanet official for a second opinion. With the 12 digit support ticket number the official can read the entire ticket, but it would be very helpfull if you sumerize it here from the start and also explain why you want a second opinion. I personally don’t have a clue what you are talking bout, so it is likely the arenanet official doesn’t have a clue either.

Good luck

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I suspect you won’t get help without a ticket turned in first so you should to write a ticket to support. If it’s unsuccessful then you can post an appeal with the ticket number. The ticket number will allow Gaile to see what exactly you are talking about. Without a ticket I suspect she won’t look into it as she is the person whose job it is to review old or declined tickets.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I believe the OP’s talking about the free Gems. And yeah, those free Gems were ONLY for the Beta, and was mainly to test their eCommerce system. All us Beta Testers bought the game and started fresh, as with everyone else.

The real perk of being a Beta Tester was mainly to get our hands on the product before it went live. That’s pretty much it.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I believe the OP’s talking about the free Gems. And yeah, those free Gems were ONLY for the Beta, and was mainly to test their eCommerce system. All us Beta Testers bought the game and started fresh, as with everyone else.

The real perk of being a Beta Tester was mainly to get our hands on the product before it went live. That’s pretty much it.

I believe that this is correct. ShineyFighter, if you are asking about the gems, as was explained at the time (and afterwards), the gems were given for testing only and were not intended to be given for the live game.

If there is another matter, please provide me with your 12-digit ticket number so I can research this.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

The only beta “perk” you could possibly have gained is a free character slot. As in if you bought gems with real money during the last BWE and bought a character slot with those gems both the gems and the character slot would be there on launch.

This of course was not intentional, however, for one reason or another no action was taken (or couldn’t be taken) to rectify the situation, so few people have free character slot as a result.

The HoM perks are different story, I for example linked my GW1 account way early on but only found the HoM item in the inventory of a seemingly random character few weeks ago (character created close to but not at launch). I believe Support can help with getting your accounts linked and make sure you get that item, but it has no connection whatsoever to beta tests.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The only beta “perk” you could possibly have gained is a free character slot. As in if you bought gems with real money during the last BWE and bought a character slot with those gems both the gems and the character slot would be there on launch.

This of course was not intentional, however, for one reason or another no action was taken (or couldn’t be taken) to rectify the situation, so few people have free character slot as a result.

The HoM perks are different story, I for example linked my GW1 account way early on but only found the HoM item in the inventory of a seemingly random character few weeks ago (character created close to but not at launch). I believe Support can help with getting your accounts linked and make sure you get that item, but it has no connection whatsoever to beta tests.

Every new character created with an account linked to GW1 should be getting a HoM portal stone but that wasn’t working for a while at launch. Characters created after the fix would have it. The HoM portal stone can also be obtained in game in Lion’s Arch. No need to contact support.